Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Batman: Gotham Knights DTV

Jackson_Holtorp

[21]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 32
    I think Batman: Gotham Knight will be excellent. And if I remember Bruce Timm metioned that he may want to use Kevin Conroy in a future project. Maybe this is it? As for The Batman I honestly don't think it's a bad show and very underrated. I've watched all episodes of The Batman and the DCAU (BTAS, STAS, TNBA, BB, Static, JL/JLU, you name it). I'll admit I prefer Kevin Conroy to Rino Romano but The Batman has some fantastic episodes that rival and even sometimes surpass the best episodes of the DCAU. "Artifacts" and "Rumors" are great examples. I don't want to spoil too much in case you haven't watched them yet or were considering to watch them but in Artifacts it follows some things to a well known comic known as Batman: The Dark knight Returns. And for Rumors, lets say the DCAU Batman never faced his ENTIRE rogue gallery! I love the DCAU and The Batman and if you don't like it for your own reasons that's fine but just remember that these shows were originally targeted for a kids audience and if they enjoy it it's all that matters. The DCAU had fantastic movies ex; Return of the Joker but The Batman vs Dracula was just incredible IMO. Superman: Doomsday was one of the best animated films I've ever seen for I have high hopes for this project and Timm's others which include Justice League: The New Frontier, Teen Titans: The Judas Contract and apparently a solo Wonder Woman project. Anyways I know this movie will be superb and I think The Batman shouldn't be judged too harshly (IMO it's gotten better with every season).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ItAintEazy

[22]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 3

theportal wrote:
    What?! There's a musical piece in "Harlequinade" too, and it's awesome! "Harlequinade" is one of the best episodes of ANY animated show!

All right, point taken, (and there was a farcical musical piece in theBatman Beyond episode "Out of the Past", but we won't be counting that ). And as you said, Harliquinade was such an awesome episode, even the musical number added to it, even though I'm a person who loathes musicals. However, that musical number in "Two of a Kind" sort of dominated the second act and cheapened the various crime sprees the duo got into, in my opinion.

ItAintEazy

[23]Jan 30, 2008
    Jackson_Holtorp wrote:
    Superman: Doomsday was one of the best animated films I've ever seen

Hokay, stop right there. You've said enough, thank you

DarthFreeza

[24]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 23
    ItAintEazy wrote:

theportal wrote:
    What?! There's a musical piece in "Harlequinade" too, and it's awesome! "Harlequinade" is one of the best episodes of ANY animated show!

All right, point taken, (and there was a farcical musical piece in theBatman Beyond episode "Out of the Past", but we won't be counting that ). And as you said, Harliquinade was such an awesome episode, even the musical number added to it, even though I'm a person who loathes musicals. However, that musical number in "Two of a Kind" sort of dominated the second act and cheapened the various crime sprees the duo got into, in my opinion.

Yes a Harley Quinn conversation which was born from about 6 words that I posted. -sighs happily-
    This is why I'm here

Exophagy

[25]Mar 3, 2008
    • level: 6

Good news! "Kevin Conroy is providing the voice of Batman in Batman: Gotham Knight."

Edited on 03/05/2008 6:12am
    Edited 3 total times.

suss2it

[26]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 14
    Jackson_Holtorp wrote:
    Lets say the DCAU Batman never faced his ENTIRE rogue gallery!
    Perhaps not, but he has faced a lot of Superman's villains, combined and other Earth shattering threats.
    Exophagy wrote:
    Good news! "Kevin Conroy is providing the voice of Batman in Batman: Gotham Knight." linked
    Edited on 03/05/2008 11:14am

Exophagy

[27]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 6
    hey thanks suss2it, but you broke the link, lol. its just "htm" at the end, no "l". I tried editing your code into my post but, as you can see, it wouldn't let me for some reason.

suss2it

[28]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 14
    Oh my bad, I'll edit it now.

swtt

[29]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 18
    ItAintEazy wrote:
    Jackson_Holtorp wrote:
    Superman: Doomsday was one of the best animated films I've ever seen

Hokay, stop right there. You've said enough, thank you

Well, you know I actually really enjoyed Superman Doomsday.

Orpheus2017

[30]Mar 28, 2008
    I think that we all shoot down new ideas far too quickly, but cling to something of the past that wasn't even meant for us but our parents. Some so-called fans wouldn't even see this unless Kevin Conroys voice was confirmed. Anime is cool except Bakugan-ish titles; and batman is the definition of Bada**, why wouldn't fanboys like it? But then again they wanted Wolverine to be in his yellow spandex for the movies. Romino was not bad and at least I can imagine his voice to an anime batman.