Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Does "A League Of Their Own" Contradict The Cadmus Arc?

Booncion

[1]Apr 12, 2009
    • level: 3
    I'm watching the Static Shock 2-part episode "A League Of Their Own" on Disney XD where the Justice League had guest-starred on (btw that cartoon relied TOO HEAVILY on DCAU guest-stars to boost it's popularity), and I noticed that Braniac is the main villain of the episode. Does Braniac being the villain in this episode in any way, shape, or form contradict, conflict, or mess up the canon storyline of the Cadmus arc?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

seto1

[2]Apr 12, 2009
    • level: 16
    Booncion wrote:
    I'm watching the Static Shock 2-part episode "A League Of Their Own" on Disney XD where the Justice League had guest-starred on (btw that cartoon relied TOO HEAVILY on DCAU guest-stars to boost it's popularity), and I noticed that Braniac is the main villain of the episode. Does Braniac being the villain in this episode in any way, shape, or form contradict, conflict, or mess up the canon storyline of the Cadmus arc?
    Actually there is no contradiction this is accounted for but i dont quite understand your reference to the cadmus arc.

Booncion

[3]Apr 13, 2009
    I referenced the Cadmus arc because it ended with Braniac being the main true villain at the end of it all. Also Braniac's connection with the Cadmus arc (and basically the Cadmus arc in general) was a huge storyline that was VERY carefully (& cleverly I might add) constructed from Braniac & Luthor storylines that had happened from the "Superman: The Animated Series" cartoon in addition to other things that had happened in "Justice League", thus keeping with the continuity of the DCAU and establishing that the shows were indeed connected within the same universe. I was just wondering if that 2-part episode of "Static Shock" had ruined the continuity/timeline of Braniac's storyline in the DCAU during the Cadmus arc.

seto1

[4]Apr 16, 2009
    Booncion wrote:
    I referenced the Cadmus arc because it ended with Braniac being the main true villain at the end of it all. Also Braniac's connection with the Cadmus arc (and basically the Cadmus arc in general) was a huge storyline that was VERY carefully (& cleverly I might add) constructed from Braniac & Luthor storylines that had happened from the "Superman: The Animated Series" cartoon in addition to other things that had happened in "Justice League", thus keeping with the continuity of the DCAU and establishing that the shows were indeed connected within the same universe. I was just wondering if that 2-part episode of "Static Shock" had ruined the continuity/timeline of Braniac's storyline in the DCAU during the Cadmus arc.
    Oh im sorry forgot about that for a minute.Ok let me see if can explain it,so it doesnt end up all jumpled with your head cause i was confused at first.To fully undestand you must remember how brainiac operates,as im sure you know he has created billions of copies and each copy then copied itself and so on.As a result he can never truly be destroyed,so the brainiacs that superman and the justice league have faced throughout the show are not all the same.Im guessing it was the only way the writers could help avoid continuity issues.Oh and a bit of a spoiler side note these many brainiac copies eventually learned to overide the brainiac 1 commands codes and result in a new inorganic life form with the newest brainiac joining the legion of super heroes.Sorry if i babbled hope that helped.

Batfreak99

[5]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 2

''A League Of Their Own'' HAS to take place after ''Twilight'', right?

Because in ''Twilight'' when Superman hears about Brainiac being back he says it can't be true because he destroyed him. If ''A League...'' had taken place first then it would've been Bats, Flash, J'onn, Hawkgirl, GL and Static who destroyed Brainiac. Surely Supes wouldn't take credit for other people's deeds so I say just forget ''League of Their Own''. The JLU writers obviously did when they sent the Legion Of Doom into outer space to find Brainiac when they could've just went to Dakota considering he was destroyed there last.

I doubt the ''Static'' crossovers are meant to have any impact on the main DCAU and are just for fun.

seto1

[6]Apr 25, 2009
    Well actually at of the static arc do follow the continuity as in the cases where he goes to the future.

RaizenYusuke

[7]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 28
    It doesn't really contradict anything the League with help from Static destroyed Brainic in A League Of Their Own. Grodd pretty much said there was no trace of Brainic left on Earth which explains why Legin of Doom did not go to Dakota. There are thousands of Brainics so the one in A League of their own could have been the last reminants of a Brainic the League or Superman fought before or after Twilight.

seto1

[8]Apr 26, 2009
    What i never quite understood about brainiac was how they manage to overcome the 1.0 subroutine and become a peaceful race.

ZBishop26

[9]May 19, 2009
    • level: 7
    seto1 wrote:
    What i never quite understood about brainiac was how they manage to overcome the 1.0 subroutine and become a peaceful race.
    In "Far From Home" Brainiac 5 says he's the black sheep of his family indicating that Brainiac is still evil but he chose to be good. That is probably due to him no longer being just a computer and having biological components which allow him to have emotional responses to situations, such as guilt for what the original Brainiac did, and concern for life.

seto1

[10]May 30, 2009
    ok thanks.

zmally

[11]Jul 23, 2009
    • level: 6
    It's a very interesting topic really. I think they did design Static Shock to fit in with the DCAU. Firstly, every other crossover fits in very well, even acknowledging Robin's disappearance, and explaining his absence in JL/U. Secondly, Dwayne McDuffie created Static Shock, and was one of the lead writers for JL/U, particularly the Cadmus arc if I remember correctly.

seto1

[12]Oct 16, 2009
    Thats true but did they ever show static meeting the titans.

Link2Hyrule

[13]Oct 7, 2012

I can't help but notice that everyone here is referencing the Brainiac in the Main DC Comic storyline when discussing Brainiacs story. However you have to remember that the Brainiac in this Continuity is vastly different from his comic counterpart. This Brainiac was originally the super-computer for Planet Krypton. Just before it exploded Brainiac downloaded his core program and all information regarding Krypton into a back-up body and ship he had waiting, then went on a rampage across the stars destroying planets after learning every piece of information about them. I don't remember much about the DC Comics Brainiac, just that he started out as some evil robot, not related to Krypton in any way, shape or form. Although the part about him always having a back-up copy of himself is true, but I think this Brainiac doesn't make his copies until just before he is destroyed each time.