Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Flash Vs Superman (who is faster)

ilooooovejensen

[81]Jul 22, 2007
    • level: 5
    it was alo seen in smallville actually that flash is faster than superman. clark couldnt keep up with him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

amari24

[82]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 4
    no question about it flash

mobbs456

[83]Aug 13, 2007
    • level: 16

Superman and Flash are both alike.

no one is faster than the other they have the same speed...

EXCEPT: Flash does have the speed-force but if he uses that again (see 'Divided we Fall' he might die!

I'd say they are Even Stevens.

raven_hoodoo

[84]Aug 28, 2007
    • level: 6
    Superman is suped up enough as it is. They wouldnt make it that he was as powerful as flash. Flash could beat superman by a mile, it was seen in 1 of the comics actually.

FreakyDroid

[85]Sep 24, 2007
    • level: 12

-Silverstar- wrote:
    Flash=able to vibrate the moecules in his body to pass through solid barriers Superman=can not

Yeah, about that

Daxx00004

[86]Sep 24, 2007
    • level: 9
    FreakyDroid wrote:

-Silverstar- wrote:
    Flash=able to vibrate the moecules in his body to pass through solid barriers Superman=can not

Yeah, about that

Supes did in Lois and Clark also.

seto1

[87]Sep 26, 2007
    • level: 16
    S peed is the flash power his one and only i should say ,while supes has quite a few others so it would be very lame for flash to be slower right ppl

Enthropii

[88]Oct 31, 2007
    • level: 23
    seto1 wrote:
    S peed is the flash power his one and only i should say ,while supes has quite a few others so it would be very lame for flash to be slower right ppl

Agreed. It's been made clear the Flash is faster than Clark. Especially Wally. But they both can do the vibrating thing. Barry did it in the Flash tv series once as well, albeit not voluntarily.

DivineDreamer

[89]Nov 2, 2007
    • level: 9
    I remember reading this somewhere. It said that Superman can only move as fast as 1% the speed of light while Flash can actually move the speed of light.

Antiyonder

[90]Nov 5, 2007
    • level: 39
    Flash, because otherwise, because otherwise if he was the same or slower in speed than Superman, then the character would be redundant since Supes already has speed and more.

bnjay29

[91]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 5
    Exactly. Speed is Flash's specialty. So it would only make sense for him to be a faster runner than Superman. Lets see Supes utilize the speed force and then Flash would have some competition.

gamerboy190

[92]Dec 1, 2007
    • level: 18
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    Light = 186,000 miles per second.
    Learn something new everyday.
    I used to study Astronomy. Go figure.

How is it? I need an elective....

caseybocook

[93]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 7
    Flash is the fastest man alive.

gamerboy190

[94]Jan 5, 2008
    caseybocook wrote:
    Flash is the fastest man alive.

I concur.

DarthFreeza

[95]Jan 6, 2008

Yeah, I'm gonna just try to summarize the half hour of reading I just did reading all 5 pages of this thread:

Flash is faster because he can move at the speed of light where-as Superman can move at only sound. Sound is a mere fraction (possibly only 5 %) of the speed of light. In the episodes Speed Demons (Superman TAS) Flash is constantly ahead of Superman in the race even when Superman gets a head start. In multiple episodes of Justice League and Justice League Unlimited it is said that Flash moves faster than Superman. Flash can vibrate his molecules to do various things with his speed and travel interdimensionally. Superman cannot. Flash's only power is speed so it'd be Jacked-up to have Superman who has like 100 powers to be faster.

My personal touch:

I'm not a Superman fan. Personally I think he is the most Jacked-up character ever. He has like very power [strength, speed, flight, ice breath, x-ray vision, lazer vision, mirror imaging, not needing to breath and he's hot] and the only thing that can hurt him is a fricken piece of radioactive rock that only one man in the world with access to multiple satalites and a miniature army and corperation can find it (Lex Luthor). He takes glory away from characters with one power as it should be. I think that the more powers you have, the less powerful you are. Because without those powers you are nothing. That is why Batman is my favorite Hero. He has no powers, he is agile, he's rich, he has gadgets, he has a hot costume, he has a mansion, a awasome car, a clan of side kicks in his shadow, awasome villains, and is very resourceful.

Basicly Flash is faster ( I know I monologed and trailed off a bit but I get emotional [ by emotional I mean trailing off in my opinion Lol ] with certain topics )

gamerboy190

[96]Jan 7, 2008
    DarthFreeza wrote:

Yeah, I'm gonna just try to summarize the half hour of reading I just did reading all 5 pages of this thread:

Flash is faster because he can move at the speed of light where-as Superman can move at only sound. Sound is a mere fraction (possibly only 5 %) of the speed of light. In the episodes Speed Demons (Superman TAS) Flash is constantly ahead of Superman in the race even when Superman gets a head start. In multiple episodes of Justice League and Justice League Unlimited it is said that Flash moves faster than Superman. Flash can vibrate his molecules to do various things with his speed and travel interdimensionally. Superman cannot. Flash's only power is speed so it'd be Jacked-up to have Superman who has like 100 powers to be faster.

My personal touch:

I'm not a Superman fan. Personally I think he is the most Jacked-up character ever. He has like very power [strength, speed, flight, ice breath, x-ray vision, lazer vision, mirror imaging, not needing to breath and he's hot] and the only thing that can hurt him is a fricken piece of radioactive rock that only one man in the world with access to multiple satalites and a miniature army and corperation can find it (Lex Luthor). He takes glory away from characters with one power as it should be. I think that the more powers you have, the less powerful you are. Because without those powers you are nothing. That is why Batman is my favorite Hero. He has no powers, he is agile, he's rich, he has gadgets, he has a hot costume, he has a mansion, a awasome car, a clan of side kicks in his shadow, awasome villains, and is very resourceful.

Basicly Flash is faster ( I know I monologed and trailed off a bit but I get emotional [ by emotional I mean trailing off in my opinion Lol ] with certain topics )

Honestly, I'm a Bats fan myself, but I have respect for Supes at his abilities.

HomerPyle

[97]Jan 13, 2008
    I hate when people underrate Superman because they miss the point of his character, like Darth Freeza's doing. First of all, many people have access to Kryptonite and many people with sufficient physical strength can hurt him, not to mention ordinary people who pose a threat to those he loves or people who can hurt him psychologically. Second of all, one of the facets of the Superman character is that even without his powers he's still a hero, hence his need for an alter-ego that embodies his morality and good nature. Thanks to that persona, he would be the one to rush into a burning building even if his powers were taken from him. Additionally, Superman's power really gives him a lot of internal conflict, such as his fear of being an outsider, of hurting those closest to him, and of abusing that power.

Second of all, the appeal of Superman is not how you can challenge him physically but how you can challenge him idealistically. Despite all of his powers, there is always a moral line that Superman has to be careful of and what makes the character interesting is how he is challenged in regards to this line; how he is tempted to cross it and so on. Then of course there's yet another interesting aspect to the character that deals with his inability to save everyone, which adds yet another conflict to the character; he always has to struggle with the fact that despite all of his strength, there are many things he just can't overcome, like hunger, poverty, and disease.

Honestly, there is so much dimension to the Superman character and there is such an abundance of good Superman books, not to mention his cartoon, that shows these many interesting traits. Superman isn't meant to be like Batman; he isn't interesting for his realism and psychological villains, he's interesting for his role as a symbol of power, hope, and idealism, and for the never-ending conflicts that pose a threat to his role as a hero, and all the challenges that his heroism poses for himself. Seriously, there are so many angles from which to view the Superman character that I just hate when people simplify him with overly broad comments about how he's a dumb character because he has a bunch of powers.

DarthFreeza

[98]Jan 15, 2008
    HomerPyle wrote:
    I hate when people underrate Superman because they miss the point of his character, like Darth Freeza's doing. First of all, many people have access to Kryptonite and many people with sufficient physical strength can hurt him, not to mention ordinary people who pose a threat to those he loves or people who can hurt him psychologically. Second of all, one of the facets of the Superman character is that even without his powers he's still a hero, hence his need for an alter-ego that embodies his morality and good nature. Thanks to that persona, he would be the one to rush into a burning building even if his powers were taken from him. Additionally, Superman's power really gives him a lot of internal conflict, such as his fear of being an outsider, of hurting those closest to him, and of abusing that power.

Second of all, the appeal of Superman is not how you can challenge him physically but how you can challenge him idealistically. Despite all of his powers, there is always a moral line that Superman has to be careful of and what makes the character interesting is how he is challenged in regards to this line; how he is tempted to cross it and so on. Then of course there's yet another interesting aspect to the character that deals with his inability to save everyone, which adds yet another conflict to the character; he always has to struggle with the fact that despite all of his strength, there are many things he just can't overcome, like hunger, poverty, and disease.

Honestly, there is so much dimension to the Superman character and there is such an abundance of good Superman books, not to mention his cartoon, that shows these many interesting traits. Superman isn't meant to be like Batman; he isn't interesting for his realism and psychological villains, he's interesting for his role as a symbol of power, hope, and idealism, and for the never-ending conflicts that pose a threat to his role as a hero, and all the challenges that his heroism poses for himself. Seriously, there are so many angles from which to view the Superman character that I just hate when people simplify him with overly broad comments about how he's a dumb character because he has a bunch of powers.
    Honestly, now you sound similar to me arguing with people about things like that except over Batman. I hate it when people say Batman sucks and Superman is better. I look deep into Batmans' perspective and conicder Batman the greatest. I kinda sounded like people I argue with in my last post. You have the same perspective of me over Superman as I have over Batman. I'm sorry if I let that post sound like a crushing blow to Superman. I ment to make it sound moreover that they are close equals. The fight over which hero is better has been going on for years. Believe me, I'm a Superman fan aswell but hearing people trash Batman over Superman ticks me off and hearing their reasons is the worst part sometimes. Some people say he's better because he has powers. I posted my last post after I watched a video on youtube of Batman being trashed by someone saying he sucked cause he had no powers. Anyways, I'm sick of hearing comparisons and wish that they could remain as separate and am sorry if my last post sounded like an insult to Superman.

HomerPyle

[99]Jan 15, 2008
    Oh in that case no matter. Personally I love them both and would never call one better than the other.

DarthFreeza

[100]Jan 15, 2008
    HomerPyle wrote:
    Oh in that case no matter. Personally I love them both and would never call one better than the other.
    Well I like them both two and think that as close as a match as it is, Batman has a place in my heart (I think my 5th word was Joker if I remeber correctly Lol)