Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Flash Vs Superman (who is faster)

shadowck

[101]Jan 24, 2008
    • level: 3
    If were talking about wally west (the flash in JLU) he,s not only faster but stronger dann superman.When the Justice League fouth the merget Lex Luthor and brainiac Superman couldn't make a dent in his armor ,but flash went so fast he merged with the speed force .He traveled across the world in seconds and every hit he made was with the power of a nova star explosion
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DarthFreeza

[102]Jan 25, 2008
    • level: 23
    shadowck wrote:
    If were talking about wally west (the flash in JLU) he,s not only faster but stronger dann superman.When the Justice League fouth the merget Lex Luthor and brainiac Superman couldn't make a dent in his armor ,but flash went so fast he merged with the speed force .He traveled across the world in seconds and every hit he made was with the power of a nova star explosion
    Superman is stronger than Flash. I believe that it was how Wally West wore down the armor so quickly was the reason that he penetrated it.

shadowck

[103]Jan 26, 2008

DarthFreeza wrote:
    shadowck wrote:
    Superman is stronger than Flash. I believe that it was how Wally West wore down the armor so quickly was the reason that he penetrated it.

About he's strength we can't be certain because they didn't say anything about that.But it's a fact dat superman CAN'T go so fast

shadowck

[104]Jan 26, 2008

I ment in that in the anime wasn't sad anything

(sorry about spamming)

Parsec54

[105]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 20

I would think you'd first have to decide which versions you were talking about, because I know in the comics, they did at least three races that i'm aware of, and I don't think any definitive answer was ever reached.

And this bit about faster than a speeding bullet, the way Superman was originally supposed to be... Well, if we went with what he was originally supposed to be, he wasn't originally supposed to be able to fly either... Remember? Able to LEAP tall buildings at a single BOUND. Not fly around the world in a single eyeblink.

Personally, I have to say, the less powerful Superman is much more interesting to me. That was the whole reason they revamped the character years ago, because he HAD become too powerful, and impossible to write.

Unfortunately, I think they turned around and gave the Flash too MUCH power.

But, this isn't really who's more powerful. As far as who's faster, I couldn't say. I would have thought Superman. Yes, the Flash may be the fastest man alive, as he's billed, but he had that tag line for years right along Superman. You could go and also ask, who's stronger, Superman or Captain Marvel, the World's Mightiest Mortal? I have the feeling they'd say something along the lines of, The Flash may be the fastest HUMAN, but Superman isn't human, so, that lets him out of that.

Insane_ali

[106]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 4
    its gotta be the flash, ya know what with the running around the world several times in a short space of time kinda gave it away. and also in the episode where he needed to through the warpdrive at the sun how fast was he said to be going? (or needed to be going))

The_Mr_D

[107]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 4
    in the episode of smallville "run", clark and bart have a race at the end where it turns out that the flash is faster...

suss2it

[108]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 14
    Insane_ali wrote:
    its gotta be the flash, ya know what with the running around the world several times in a short space of time kinda gave it away. and also in the episode where he needed to through the warp drive at the sun how fast was he said to be going? (or needed to be going))
    Also in that episode if Superman was so fast why couldn't he have just done what Flash did, because Flash is faster thats why.

luke_moonwalker

[109]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 5
    yeah i just watched the episode "Divided We Fall" where Flash goes so fast he runs completely around the world like ten times fighting Lex Luthor/Brainiac and eventually becomes moving so fast it causes him to almost go into a different dimension of time

DarthFreeza

[110]Feb 21, 2008

With all of the evidence stacked on this forum, it is safe to say that Flash is faster than Superman.

*Does the Superman's not the best dance*

jvwitness

[111]Feb 28, 2008
    • level: 5

Flash can run near the speed of light which is 670 616 629 mi/hr. Superman can break Mach 3 which is around for rounding purposes since the speed of sound changes with temperature and the medium it is traveling through is 2100 mi/hr. Flash is MUCH faster. Superman cannot even touch Flash. As for how Superman was not able to destroy the nano armor, but Flash tore right through it... Yes it was his Speedforce given abilities. Flash's speed coupled with his vibrating powers (something like the way he vibrates through walls) will disrupt the bonds of nanotech rendering it inert. (or something to that effect.) It's the way his power works, not how powerful he is.

That's why Flash wasn't in the Dark Heart episode. Every member but Flash was there. If he was there he'd be able to vibrate through the whole army and there'd be nothing left for Braniac to use later.

Edited on 02/28/2008 11:22am

cannabisprince

[112]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 9
    All i have to say is superman turned back time.

Kennymacdougall

[113]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 22

cannabisprince wrote:

I know, I realized that as well, but it may only have been used in the movies, like his breath of ice which is not part of the DCAU as far as I know....

Daxx00004

[114]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 9

cannabisprince wrote:

I believe that turning back time is not canon. Not part of the comics or DCAU. But someone can correct me if I am wrong.

That was the one bogus thing about the Superman 2 Donner cut. Otherwise I liked the direction it went better than the original.

In my mind I just end that movie with Lois promising not to tell and pretend the rest didn't happen, I also pretend that 3 and 4 never happened either. LOL

Kennymacdougall

[115]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 22
    Daxx00004 wrote:

cannabisprince wrote:

I believe that turning back time is not canon. Not part of the comics or DCAU. But someone can correct me if I am wrong.

That was the one bogus thing about the Superman 2 Donner cut. Otherwise I liked the direction it went better than the original.

In my mind I just end that movie with Lois promising not to tell and pretend the rest didn't happen, I also pretend that 3 and 4 never happened either. LOL

Trust me, none of those movies are as bad as the memory of Superman 64 on the N64....I keep pretending THAT never happened

DarthFreeza

[116]Jul 24, 2008
    Daxx00004 wrote:

cannabisprince wrote:

xD Same 4 me =P

A_Kefka

[117]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 10

Flash is faster. Superman is about the fastest person other than speedsters.

Bart Allen isn't the flash anymore, the rogues killed him a while back. Wally is the flash again. And he can always be faster than someone else if he needs to be, because he can absorb speed from objects and people, slowing them down.

Also, Barry Allen is back in the comics, although haven't seen whats going on with that yet.

ErnestManigoJr

[118]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 1
    The fact that Flash is a few steps faster means that Superman and Flash are the same speed except "Flash is a few steps faster!" that means Superman can do anything Flash can.

ErnestManigoJr

[119]Jul 30, 2008
    Flash is only a few steps faster than Superman. They are always neck n neck, and, only when he is running. If Superman flew, he'd be faster

ErnestManigoJr

[120]Jul 30, 2008
    Supes did it in DCAU and he also did more.