Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Green Lantern and Vixen?, or Green Lanten and Shayera?

Shayera-Hol

[1]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 20
    I "want" Green Lantern and Shayera, because she is my favourite character, and Vixen isn't so beautiful, but I think Green Lantern will stay with Vixen.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

-Silverstar-

[2]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 9
    Urgh! Not this again!

-Blackstar-

[3]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 8
    The series ended with John opting to stay with Vixen, although his reason for staying with her was a really stupid one; he didn't want to be controlled by destiny. As is someone would be to control fate. It seemed patently obvious to anyone with eyes that John was still in love with Shayera.

gaara257

[4]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 19
    Id say green lantern and vixen.

-Blackstar-

[5]Nov 25, 2006
    In the episode "Time, Warped", John discovers that Warhawk (from the Batman Beyond episode "The Call") is the son of GL and Shayera, which would suggest that she and John did get together eventually. However, the episode ended with Chronos getting stuck in a temporal loop before he ever traveled through time, and thus meaning that the events of the past 2 episodes never took place, so this plot's canonity is questionable.

Lena_Wayne15

[6]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 16
    First things first, we need an official relationships thread just slow down the intake of repeat relationship threads.

Second, I'm a proud member of the GL/HG shippers club. I like Vixen, I really do, but I think John is better with Shayera. They compliment eachother. Plus, my fingers are crossed for Rex.

Nevada-the-wolf

[7]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 13
    Lena_Wayne15 wrote:
    First things first, we need an official relationships thread just slow down the intake of repeat relationship threads.

Second, I'm a proud member of the GL/HG shippers club. I like Vixen, I really do, but I think John is better with Shayera. They compliment eachother. Plus, my fingers are crossed for Rex.

I like Vixen a little bit too but I like the GL/HG relationship better.

"You and GL, well...you got a lot in common"

(Qoute by Streaky the cat, from my Krypto/Justice league crossver: "All of Us")

sylent_asassin

[8]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 26
    Most people, myself included will lean towards John and Shayera because they have 5 seasons of history and we've witnessed it. The courtship and bickering was fun and we got to see the chemistry develop. After a couple of seasons, we saw exactly what they meant to each other. When Justice League went Unlimited, Vixen just showed up as GL's girlfriend. There was no on-screen courtship, no romance, no origin or introduction... No nothing. They were a couple and we had to accept it and deal with it. The best explanation of their relationship was in Once and Future Thing where GL and Bats were talking on the Watchtower. GL: I'm seeing Vixen now.... I'm very happy.

That's all we got. Bottom line: We weren't given a reason to support or care about that relationship. While Vixen is an interesting character by herself with cool power, the writers did her an extreme injustice by throwing her in the middle of John and Shayera's relationship.

-Silverstar-

[9]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 9
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    Most people, myself included will lean towards John and Shayera because they have 5 seasons of history and we've witnessed it. The courtship and bickering was fun and we got to see the chemistry develop. After a couple of seasons, we saw exactly what they meant to each other. When Justice League went Unlimited, Vixen just showed up as GL's girlfriend. There was no on-screen courtship, no romance, no origin or introduction... No nothing. They were a couple and we had to accept it and deal with it. The best explanation of their relationship was in Once and Future Thing where GL and Bats were talking on the Watchtower. GL: I'm seeing Vixen now.... I'm very happy.

That's all we got. Bottom line: We weren't given a reason to support or care about that relationship. While Vixen is an interesting character by herself with cool power, the writers did her an extreme injustice by throwing her in the middle of John and Shayera's relationship.

*applauds* Couldn't have said it better myself.

I always thought that John's suddenly hooking up with Vixen came off as just a rebound thing. It always seemed to me that he was only staying with her because he felt he had to be with someone, preferably someone from Earth whom he knew wasn't going to betray him. But it never looked to me like he really cared for Vixen, so it made John look like a jackass who was just using her to appease his own fragile ego. (Basically, GL gave me another reason to dislike him.)

And the writers did Mari a great injustice by just plonking her in as the 3rd wheel in the GL/HG relationship, without so much as giving her a single episode to shine on her own as a character. Now to many JL viewers, she'll be marked forever as "The Other Woman" who came between John and Shayera.

This was just one of many reasons why JLU was a letdown for me.

Nevada-the-wolf

[10]Nov 28, 2006
    -Silverstar- wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:

*applauds* Couldn't have said it better myself.

I always thought that John's suddenly hooking up with Vixen came off as just a rebound thing. It always seemed to me that he was only staying with her because he felt he had to be with someone, preferably someone from Earth whom he knew wasn't going to betray him. But it never looked to me like he really cared for Vixen, so it made John look like a jackass who was just using her to appease his own fragile ego. (Basically, GL gave me another reason to dislike him.)

And the writers did Mari a great injustice by just plonking her in as the 3rd wheel in the GL/HG relationship, without so much as giving her a single episode to shine on her own as a character. Now to many JL viewers, she'll be marked forever as "The Other Woman" who came between John and Shayera.

This was just one of many reasons why JLU was a letdown for me.

Interesting thought...

HawkGirl024

[11]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 4
    Green Larten & Hawkgirl

MovieMark

[12]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 30
    I thought they developed Vixen fairly well within the limited amount of episodes that featured her. I'm not a fan of love triangles in general, but I simply found the entire thing fascinating, purely for how well the series approached these characters: the way GL mistreats Vixen, and the way she knows he still loves HG but stays with him anyways is a rather complex approach for such a show and it surprised me. So I didn't mind much...

RaizenYusuke

[13]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 28
    I hated that John stayed with Vixen because he didn't want to be destiny's whipping boy. He loves Shayera and the fact that he would stay with a woman he doesn't love is not only not fair to Vixen it is not fair to Shayera. John's my favorite character but that pi###ed me off.

Kennymacdougall

[14]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 22

Shayera-Hol wrote:
    I "want" Green Lantern and Shayera, because she is my favourite character, and Vixen isn't so beautiful, but I think Green Lantern will stay with Vixen.

I think Vixxen is pretty hot, she's a fox!

And Shayera is hot too, her face is so beautiful....

They're both HOT, he should have a threesome!

PslightyPsycho

[15]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 2
    I am in support of the GL/Vixen relationship. Human/Alien relationships are just weird.

Giant2005

[16]Oct 26, 2008
    I know the choice was posed between Vixen and HG but I am more inclined to hope GL ends up old and alone with a nasty case of syphalis.

He went to the future and met his son and after that decided "screw my son, my pride is more important to me than my offspring - I'll do everything in my power to make sure he never exists effectively killing him! Muwahahaha!"

JLU51306

[17]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 18
    I like the Green Lantern and Hawkgirl relationship better. Although it seems as if GL was going to stay with Vixen, history shows otherwise, and I felt the writers left it up in the air on purpose.

maya14belle

[18]Nov 16, 2008
    JLU51306 wrote:
    I like the Green Lantern and Hawkgirl relationship better. Although it seems as if GL was going to stay with Vixen, history shows otherwise, and I felt the writers left it up in the air on purpose.

Despite the fact that Green Lantern and Shayera do not end up together, I think their romance was the best romance in the series since it took them a while to admit their feelings while other couples (except Batman and Wonder Woman) admitted their feelings almost instantly. I wish though they ended up together too.

Maylene

[19]Jan 18, 2009
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    The series ended with John opting to stay with Vixen, although his reason for staying with her was a really stupid one; he didn't want to be controlled by destiny. As is someone would be to control fate. It seemed patently obvious to anyone with eyes that John was still in love with Shayera.

Exactly. It's not like he didn't like what "destiny" offered him. In fact, to me, it seemed desirable in his eyes--and yet...because he doesn't want to be a puppet he's going to refuse a future with Shayera?

But since someone (-Blackstar- I think) mentioned that the canonity is questionable since Chronos got stuck in a loop--I'm having my doubts now...but it's a good point.

I like Vixen, but I prefer John with Shayera.

RaizenYusuke

[20]Jan 20, 2009
    • level: 28
    Maylene wrote:
    -Blackstar- wrote:

Exactly. It's not like he didn't like what "destiny" offered him. In fact, to me, it seemed desirable in his eyes--and yet...because he doesn't want to be a puppet he's going to refuse a future with Shayera?

But since someone (-Blackstar- I think) mentioned that the canonity is questionable since Chronos got stuck in a loop--I'm having my doubts now...but it's a good point.

I like Vixen, but I prefer John with Shayera.
    I think Rex/Warhawk is still the son of John and Shayera, even without Chronos' tampering. Rather they are together or if Rex is now the product of a one night stand is little harder to determine.