Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Green Lantern and Vixen?, or Green Lanten and Shayera?

Maylene

[21]Jan 21, 2009
    • level: 13
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I think Rex/Warhawk is still the son of John and Shayera, even without Chronos' tampering. Rather they are together or if Rex is now the product of a one night stand is little harder to determine.

Yeah I retract what I said earlier. I was reading some episode commentaries on jl.toonzone.net and Dwayne McDuffie (or at least his website) said that Rex Stewart's existance is still intact because he was "born to Shayera Hol and John Stewart before Chronos ever polluted the timestream" ( Once and Future Thing on Toonzone). XD
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

swtt

[22]Jan 24, 2009
    • level: 18
    I never liked when John was with Shayera. I did, however like when he was with Vixen. I'm not sure why, though.

Andy315

[23]Jan 26, 2009
    • level: 4
    Vixen isnt ugly but she dresses very "openly" and "freely" to say the least. but shayera is really beautiful and it is obvious that John loves her adn would do anything for her, ex. at that bar in "Comfort and Joy" he could have just left her and not fought. i am a huge fan for John and Shayera! and i know that everyone is saying that Vixen is being played and that John is misstreating her, well... he isnt as good to her as he is to Shayera but Vixen even told Shayera that she would stick it out with him ... i believe she says this in "Hunter's Moon" at the end. So what i mean is that i think she knows he loves Shayera more but she likes John and whats to be with him until either he leaves her or she gets over him.

maya14belle

[24]Feb 15, 2009
    • level: 8
    Andy315 wrote:
    Vixen isnt ugly but she dresses very "openly" and "freely" to say the least. but shayera is really beautiful and it is obvious that John loves her adn would do anything for her, ex. at that bar in "Comfort and Joy" he could have just left her and not fought. i am a huge fan for John and Shayera! and i know that everyone is saying that Vixen is being played and that John is misstreating her, well... he isnt as good to her as he is to Shayera but Vixen even told Shayera that she would stick it out with him ... i believe she says this in "Hunter's Moon" at the end. So what i mean is that i think she knows he loves Shayera more but she likes John and whats to be with him until either he leaves her or she gets over him.

Sort of selfish of Vixen, isn't it?

seto1

[25]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 16
    People always asume that because they have a kid together that they will obviously be in a relationship,im sorry but thats not always the case as was the case with huntress the daughter of batman.

A_Kefka

[26]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 10
    I don't know about that, Catwoman and Batman had a very long (if somewhat disfunctional) relationship. Plus the huntress in the show isn't their daughter, her name is Helena Bertinelli, daughter and last surviving heir to the mob boss who ran Gotham around the time bruces parents were alive. But back to the part about John and Shayera, since they dont' have a kid now, having one in the future means getting back together in some way. With the way they felt about each other and John's issues with destiny and such, I don't see it being a quick fling.

RaizenYusuke

[27]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 28
    Your probably right A Kefka I can't really imagine Rex being the product of a fling either, but I thought I would throw that possiblity out there. I could easily see John and Shayera getting back together once John matures and realize what he wants. I get Timm and company left it open for fans to interpet, but I think it is obvious that John loves Shayera and not Vixen so why leave up the air. They could have even had John break it off with both women, so he could find himself. Makes him look less like a jackass then what he actually did in JLU.

I remeber Silverstar and Blackstar use to say Vixen being made a part of a love triangle was disgrace to the character, and I think they were right. I am not a big comic guy but I would have gotten to know Vixen outside of being a woman with animal powers and John's bed buddy.

JLibra

[28]Apr 25, 2013
    • level: 1

GL & Vix. I love Vixen, i think she's gorgeous. She's way prettier than Shayera anyway