Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Justice league movie officaly hitting the big screen.

JLU51306

[1]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 18

Now I'm not sure if it's based on the cartoon series show but the will be a justice league movie coming out.

here's the link to read more http://movies.msn.com/movies/hitlist/02-27-07_4?GT1=7701

or you could go to the front page of msn.com and scroll down till you see a picture of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman from the animated series justice league and click on the link next to it.

man I hope it's good.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

-Silverstar-

[2]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 9
    From what I've read in that article, it doesn't sound like anything's concrete yet; there's just the desire to make such a movie, and we already knew that. I highly doubt that they'd actually get both Routh and Bale for the film, since they're both contractually committed to their respective solo films.

If such a movie happens, I hope they don't go with the proposed storyline of the older Batman training a younger Superman and Wonder Woman; that just sounds cheesy and wrong to me.

JLU51306

[3]Feb 28, 2007

it may not be concrete but if they make it, it will be great, and I also think a older batman training superman and wonder woman is corny.

I wonder if they will put the original 7 heroes from justice league the cartoon series.

sylent_asassin

[4]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 26
    JLU51306 wrote:

it may not be concrete but if they make it, it will be great, and I also think a older batman training superman and wonder woman is corny.

It's stupid, throws the entire DC Universe out of whack and would royally tick off the fans.

-Silverstar-

[5]Feb 28, 2007
    JLU51306 wrote:
    I wonder if they will put the original 7 heroes from justice league the cartoon series.

Considering that Bruce Timm and Paul Dini aren't apparently involved with this project in any way, I'm thinking not.

As I said in an earlier thread, it would be a pretty big challenge to maintain balance between that many characters. The average superhero movie focuses on 1, 2 or at the most 3 or 4 central characters, but if they were to attempt to replicate the cast from the WB JL show, they would have to write for 7 major characters to start with, not to mention the villains and any supporting characters which might appear. That would make for one overpopulated feature. Factor into that special effects budgets, as well as celebrity egos, agents and representatives, who would each insist that "their" stars get the amount of screen time and attention due to them, and there's just no way that you can have equal play among that many heroes, unless perhaps they were to go with a cast of unknowns.
    Edited on 02/28/2007 9:48am
    Edited 2 total times.

Lena_Wayne15

[6]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 16
    Wow...the old Batman training the younger Superman and WW is Wrong-Sick. That would be awful. As for which characters to use, this is my list:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Flash (Wally: Just because we need a rookie)
    Green Lantern (Hal)
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Martian Manhunter
    and for good measure: Aquaman or Hawkman

-Blackstar-

[7]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 8
    Unless the movie is directly based off of the animated series and not off of the comics, I doubt that the producers would use Hawkgirl, as her backstory was changed for the show. They may go with Aquaman as the 7th member, because he was more popular and it would be a treat for the fans who grew up watching Super Friends. Similarly, while the movie would undoubtedly feature a Green Lantern, there's no guarantee that it will be John Stewart (unless the movie producers decide to go with John as the GL for the same reasons why Bruce Timm chose him). They may choose one of the more popular Lanterns like Kyle Rayner or Hal Jordan (Although I'm completely in favor of racial balance, I must admit that a part of me still wishes that Timm and co. had used Kyle for Justice League. I always liked him more than John).
    Edited on 02/28/2007 9:57am
    Edited 3 total times.

Martiangrl

[8]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 11
    Why would Batman be training Superman and Wonder Woman? Do these folks even read comic books?! The movie sounded cool until that bombshell. Well, maybe they'll get some better writers to tweak the screenplay in the next few years. . . hopefully.

-Silverstar-

[9]Feb 28, 2007
    Martiangrl wrote:
    Why would Batman be training Superman and Wonder Woman? Do these folks even read comic books?! The movie sounded cool until that bombshell. Well, maybe they'll get some better writers to tweak the screenplay in the next few years. . . hopefully.

Yeah, I really hope that storyline ends up on the cutting room floor. Sorry, but that's just straight up stupid.

Lena_Wayne15 wrote:
    Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Flash (Wally: Just because we need a rookie)
    Green Lantern (Hal)
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Martian Manhunter
    and for good measure: Aquaman or Hawkman

I like this roster, Lena. IMHO, it's a long shot that the movie producers would go with a team of 8 heroes (see my previous post), but this would be a good balance. Nothing against Shayera, but I've always wished they had gone with Black Canary as the 7th Leaguer in the cartoon.

Blackstar wrote:
    Similarly, while the movie would undoubtedly feature a Green Lantern, there's no guarantee that it will be John Stewart (unless the movie producers decide to go with John as the GL for the same reasons why Bruce Timm chose him). They may choose one of the more popular Lanterns like Kyle Rayner or Hal Jordan (I must admit that a part of me still wishes that Timm and co. had used Kyle for Justice League. I always liked him a little more than John).

Kyle's cool, but if they were going to use Wally as Flash, then I think it would make more sense to go with Hal as the GL. Nothing on Kyle, but having him and Wally on the same team would be kind of redundant; The team doesn't need 2 young, wide-eyed rookies.
    Edited on 03/01/2007 11:28am
    Edited 4 total times.

JLU51306

[10]Feb 28, 2007

now I don't think the movie is going to be stupid, I would go see it under the conditions that the plot is good, the actors are good, and the director, writer, producer are good, this movie won't be that bad, it would be the first justice league movie to be in theaters.

I think the heroes to be in the justice league are:

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green lantern (john stewart), Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, Aquaman, The Atom, and Hawkgirl

But Christian Bale should be batman, Brandon Routh (not sure if thats the name) should be superman, maybe jim carrey could be the Flash just to add a little comedy to it, possibly Denis haysbert could be Green lantern (john stewart), Cortney Cox (don't know if I spelled that right) should be Wonder Woman, and I don't know about the rest of them.

Lena_Wayne15

[11]Feb 28, 2007
    JLU51306 wrote:

now I don't think the movie is going to be stupid, I would go see it under the conditions that the plot is good, the actors are good, and the director, writer, producer are good, this movie won't be that bad, it would be the first justice league movie to be in theaters.

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green lantern (john stewart), Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, Aquaman, The Atom, and Hawkgirl

But Christian Bale should be batman, Brandon Routh (not sure if thats the name) should be superman, maybe jim carrey could be the Flash just to add a little comedy to it, possibly Denis haysbert could be Green lantern (john stewart), Cortney Cox (don't know if I spelled that right) should be Wonder Woman, and I don't know about the rest of them.

Yeah...you lost me with the cast list. Courtney Cox as WW? Jim Carrey as Flash? That would be awful. No offense, they would screw up the movie. Courtney Cox would not play a good WW, and Carrey...that would be bad.

Ryan Reynolds is my Wally. He'd be perfect. I'm not sure about who should play WW. She needs to be relatively an unknown.

As for GL, if they go with Hal, I might want to see David Borneaz, who's name I just butchered, play him. He's voicing Hal in New Frontier, and he has a knack for playing bad boys. However, I'm still unsure.

-Blackstar-

[12]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 8
    Again, I think that John Stewart being this movie's GL is a bit of a stretch, unless the movie is directly based on the cartoon. And Jim Carrey would make an awful Flash. He's too old to play Wally, for one thing. Plus, his performance would be far too over the top (Anyone remember Carey's performance as the Riddler in Batman Forever?)

Personally, I think live action super hero movies are overrated. If the Justice League movie won't be conventionally hand drawn animation, then I'd like to see it rendered in CGI, like the upcoming TMNT movie. But that's just me.

My dream JL lineup goes thusly:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman (Obviously! A director would have to be insane to make a JL movie and not use the Trinity)
    Flash (Either Barry Allen or Wally West)
    Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner with Barry, Hal Jordan with Wally)
    Martian Manhunter
    Black Canary (I was going to pick Aquaman, but I felt that another woman would be needed. Perhaps we could take some creative liberties and have an African American Black Canary for racial balance, which would be the only reason I would pick John as the GL).
    Edited on 02/28/2007 1:48pm
    Edited 3 total times.

-Silverstar-

[13]Feb 28, 2007
    JLU1306 wrote:

Hmmm, I don't know about those choices. For one thing, you've got a lineup of 10 characters; that's way too many focal characters for a single feature (a movie's budget can only be stretched so far, after all). Jim Carrey and Dennis Haysbert are both too old to play Wally and John, IMO, and I'm just plain not feeling Courtney Cox as Diana. Somehow, I can't see Monica from Friends in a star-spangled thong. Bale and Routh would be the obvious choices to play Bats and Supes, respectively, but like I said earlier, their availability would depend on any loopholes in their solo movie contracts.

I don't know enough Hollywood 'talent' to name any actors that I could see in these roles, so I won't bother with any dream casting. Instead, I'll just post the ideal JL roster (as I see it):

The Big Three (Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman) are a given.
    Flash (most likely Wally West)
    Green Lantern (most likely Hal or Kyle; I don't see them going with John except possibly for PC reasons)
    Black Canary (there should ideally be another woman on the team, and BC was in the original JLA)
    maybe Aquaman

I didn't mention Martian Manhunter or Hawkgirl because I don't see either of them being used. J'onn's appearance would require A LOT of FX makeup if he were to be played by an actor; it would probably be best to render him as a CGI 'special effect', plus MM's 'grab-bag' powers could pose a bit of a writing problem, especially the morphing and phasing. As for Hawkgirl, her being used would depend largely on how close they were to stay to the cartoon. If the movie's not going to be a direct base on the show, I don't see them going with her. Also, like J'onn, the special FX would have to be pretty darn stunning to effectively pull off those wings.
    Edited on 02/28/2007 2:05pm
    Edited 2 total times.

SupermanNYC

[14]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 45
    Very good news. This news has hit the internet like a virus! We are already talking about this on the Smallville forum.

JLU51306

[15]Feb 28, 2007

I was just guessing on the Flash and WW actors, I really can't think of many people who would fit the part.

I think it would be alot better if it was in animation, It should a at least 8 heroes in it, now if they did put martian manhunter in it I think the actor should be the guy who played xavier in x-men but then he still might not fit the part.

I think john stewart green lantern is better than hal jorden green lantern, I've never liked hal jorden or kyle raynor, wally west should be the flash and I say that because a little humor ain't bad and thats the main reason i've always liked wally west being the flash.

it would be pointless to put supergirl in the movie and black canarys good but i'd rather have vixen or huntress in it instead.

I forgot, I think green arrow should be in it.

Martiangrl

[16]Feb 28, 2007

Actually, I think there is a good chance of Green Lantern being John Stewart since WB will probably want to give the team some kind of racial diversity (and aliens don't count).

Jim Carrey would make a better Plastic Man than Flash, but that'll never happen.

Lena_Wayne15

[17]Feb 28, 2007

You like John more than Hal and Kyle?

I believe you are the first person I met that actually feels that way.

Wow...

Personally, I find John to be the most boring GL. An architect? Come on... I like GUY better than John.

And Vixen and Huntress wouldn't work well in the JLA, imo. Sure, they both were in it at seperate times, but Huntress got fired. Not that I have anything against her, I just think she fits better with the BOP or the JSA... And Vixen, no...don't see it. Vixen was in the JL Detroit. Pretty much all of their characters were killed because they sucked. Black Canary is a founding member, well, Post-Crisis, Pre-Infinite Crisis, at least. She has more history with the League than Vixen and Huntress do. Keep in mind the movie will be based off of the comic, not the cartoon.

Martiangrl

[18]Feb 28, 2007
    I didn't say I liked John more than Hal or Kyle. I said there is probably a good chance of him being the GL for the movie because they'll probably want at least one non-white human hero up there. That's PC America for you.

Lena_Wayne15

[19]Feb 28, 2007
    Martiangrl wrote:
    I didn't say I liked John more than Hal or Kyle. I said there is probably a good chance of him being the GL for the movie because they'll probably want at least one non-white human hero up there. That's PC America for you.

I was responding to JLU, not you. However, they may go the PC route and use John. But...couldn't they make J'onn black, like they did in Smallville?

-Silverstar-

[20]Feb 28, 2007
    Why not? J'onn's a shapeshifter, after all. He could just spend a good portion of the movie morphed into a human form, black, white or whatever. That's a good idea, actually. In the cartoon, J'onn was voiced by an African-American actor, Carl Lumbly.

JLU1306 wrote:
    (The movie) should a at least 8 heroes in it

Why? The show didn't have 8 heroes in it. IMHO, They should keep the roster small (ideally, I would think it should be somewhere between 4 and 6 heroes), because unless the movie is going to be 3 or 4 hours long, they can only effectively focus on so many characters at once. Again, let's not confuse quantity with quality here.
    Edited on 02/28/2007 7:23pm
    Edited 7 total times.