We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Justice league movie officaly hitting the big screen.

-Silverstar-

[41]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 9
    JLU1306 wrote:
    I didn't mean for martian manhunter to wear the costume when he is morphed into a human, he should just wear the costume when he is in his alien form. I don't think martian manhunter should be in human form most of the movie, I think that would be stupid, if martian manhunter is going to be in the movie, he should be mostly in alien form the movie, and if they make him human most of the movie, they would confuse the people that have never seen the show or read the comics of JL than they will be confused thinking that martian manhunter is a human and shifts into aliens

I'm just taking the budget into consideration. Constructing a costume and makeup of that caliber would be expensive, not to mention uncomfortable for whichever poor shmuck would have to wear it. I figured that J'onn would be a CGI-animated 'special effect' in his Martian and creature forms, like the Hulk in his movie. As for the notion of J'onn as an African-American humanoid in the film being 'stupid', well, J'onn adopted an African-American humanoid form as Bloodwynd in the comics for a time, and he appeared as a black man with red contacts when he appeared on Smallville, and neither of those appearances seemed to cause any problems.

:
    like i said as my first hero choice, i do want hawkgirl in it but someone pointed to my attention that they would not choose hawkgirl unless they were going to make the movie based on the animated series, so if they won't put hawkgirl in it, I say they put hawkman in it, do you not understand that special effects in this day and age are great and they could make hawkmans wings so real, it's not like it's 1970 with the starwars 4 5 and 6 episode special effects, look at x-men the last stand, angel had wings in the movie, i'm not saying they used the best special effects but it's not like they made his wings glued on, and the JL movie still might not even be made until 2010 and they might have even better special effects.

True, but as I indicated earlier, Angel was only in about 4 minutes of the entire movie, and he only displayed his wings for 2 of those minutes. Animating realistic looking wings for a single scene is one thing, animating them for the length of an entire feature would run into money. But it really doesn't matter to me, because I'm not a huge fan of the Hawk people, and wouldn't shed a tear if neither of them turned up in the movie *shrugs*

:
    notice i said less than 5 which i'm alright with just 5 heroes in it, like in the first super friends which you said there was 5 but any less than 5 it just wouldn't be justice league, it shouldn't be just superman, batman, wonder woman, and green lantern.

I never said that it should be just those 4. You know the Trinity are going to be in it, and I would assume that there will be at least 2 or 3 others included. But again, there are other factors to consider besides fans' desires, such as story, actors, agents, salaries and egos. It would just be easier for the writers and filmmakers to keep the team small and intimate. Just my views, though.
    Edited on 03/08/2007 7:28pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

-Silverstar-

[42]Mar 8, 2007
    [Double posting is bad, m'kay? Don't double post.]
    Edited on 03/08/2007 7:21pm

JLU51306

[43]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 18

who is the trinity, I don't think i have ever heard of them?

I don't think the budget of the costumes will be a problem,  I would rather see MM as an alien not a human, and I think in the parts of the movie that he is human as a African-American is a great Idea but I don't want him to be a human in the movie more than he is an alien in it.

Lena_Wayne15

[44]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 16
    JLU51306 wrote:

who is the trinity, I don't think i have ever heard of them?

Everyone's heard of the DC Trinity: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman.

-Blackstar-

[45]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 8
    You know, the Trinity, aka the Big 3. The cornerstones of the DCU. In other words, these guys:

Edited on 03/09/2007 5:15am

JLU51306

[46]Mar 9, 2007

cool, I never knew that, the only comics i'm familiar with is teen titans, justice league unlimited, and superman comics, I never saw Trinity and I wouldn't mind reading those comics.

Hyou_Gattai

[47]Mar 9, 2007
    the JL movie will be hittin in 2011....that's what i read, i don't know if this is true.

JLU51306

[48]Mar 9, 2007
    I heard the movie will come out 2009 or 2010.

zmally

[49]Mar 10, 2007
    • level: 6
    if GL is John Stewart... Samuel L Jackson!!!!

I hope it ties in with the current solo movie series that would be good, but who knows what they'll do?

Hyou_Gattai

[50]Mar 10, 2007
    JLU51306 wrote:
    superman: the man of steel, is the one coming in 2009

Lena_Wayne15

[51]Mar 10, 2007
    JLU51306 wrote:

No. They don't even have a script yet, how do you expect them to have it come out in '09?

-Silverstar-

[52]Mar 10, 2007
    zmally wrote:

I hope it ties in with the current solo movie series that would be good, but who knows what they'll do?

The movie is said to be based on the comics, not the cartoon, so the chances of John Stewart being depicted are slim, I'd say. Possible, but highly unlikely.

JLU51306

[53]Mar 10, 2007

Lena_Wayne15 wrote:

No. They don't even have a script yet, how do you expect them to have it come out in '09?

I don't know where I got 09 from, I guess i got it mixed up with the superman movie.

I thought of a actor to play john stewart if they choose that green lantern for the movie

Denzel Washington as john stewart.

these are the villians I think should be in the movie as the main villians

Darkseid

Brainiac

Edited on 03/10/2007 10:56am

gamerboy190

[54]Mar 10, 2007
    zmally wrote:

Interesting. Samuel L. Jackson is a good actor, that would be interesting...

Hyou_Gattai

[55]Mar 10, 2007
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    zmally wrote:

Interesting. Samuel L. Jackson is a good actor, that would be interesting...
    great actor, but the old

delinquent2Duo

[56]Mar 10, 2007
    • level: 12
    DC UNIVERSE ORIGINAL MOVIES
    DC Comics, Warner Home Video (WHV) and Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) began the production and distribution of “DC Universe,” a series of original, animated PG-13 movies in July 2006. This original made for DVD movie is part of the DC Universe series of animated PG-13 films written and directed by acclaimed comic book creators and animators and featuring recognizable talent. WHV will be the exclusive worldwide home entertainment distributor for all DC Universe movies which will include a slate of 2-3 action-packed films per year. Superman Doomsday is the first DC Universe original animated movie. Other DC properties with films in development include Justice League, Teen Titans, Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman.

Lena_Wayne15

[57]Mar 11, 2007
    Sorry, but old news. However, it was announced at the NYCC, that whenever they make a GL movie, it will be Hal Jordan, b/c he is the classic GL and the one with his own book at the moment.

Timm has said he is unsure about which Flash b/c there have been so many and the Flash is a legacy character. There's Jay, Barry, Wally, and now Bart. Since they're going with Hal as GL, it would make more sense to use Barry as the Flash. However, Wally is more well known. Bart is the current Flash, though.

delinquent2Duo

[58]Mar 11, 2007
    • level: 12
    Darn, sorry been slacking on worlds finest site. Gotta start visiting more often so next time i'll be first to know lol.

JLU51306

[59]Mar 11, 2007

they will for sure use Hal Jorden in the GL movie, and since John Stewart isn't the most well known of the GLs, but still just like in JLH they chose john stewart as the main GL in the JL and I guess they got it from the aniamted series and there's still a chance they will pick him as the GL in JL the movie.

I would rather see Wally West as the flash then any of the others because he is sarcastic and funny and the other flashs aren't sarcastic or funny and thats why I think he would be the best flash for the movie.

-Silverstar-

[60]Mar 11, 2007
    JLU51306 wrote:

they will for sure use Hal Jorden in the GL movie, and since John Stewart isn't the most well known of the GLs, but still just like in JLH they chose john stewart as the main GL in the JL and I guess they got it from the aniamted series and there's still a chance they will pick him as the GL in JL the movie.

I don't think so; they've basically confirmed that it's going to be Hal in the movie. Hal Jordan is the classic Green Lantern, and he is the GL who is a founding League Member, not John. John was the main GL in Justice League Heroes because that game was more directly adapted from the show. Once more, the movie will be based on the comics, not the cartoon. Besides, if the film producers choose to go the Smallville route and hire an African-American actor to play Martian Manhunter, then there won't be a need for John.

:

I would rather see Wally West as the flash then any of the others because he is sarcastic and funny and the other flashs aren't sarcastic or funny and thats why I think he would be the best flash for the movie.

No offense, but what do you really know about the other Flashes? You said yourself that you're not an extensive comic reader. Not trying to be rude, but you really shouldn't attempt to pass judgment on the comics' characters unless you've actually read them.

FTR, the characterization of Flash as the comic greenhorn goofball was mainly for the show; Wally wasn't exactly like that in the comics. In the comics, Plastic Man was the main comic relief of the Justice League. Plas in the comics was basically what Wally was like in the cartoon. But Warner Bros. couldn't secure the legal rights to use Plas for the show (although we was referred to in "The Greatest Story Never Told").

Edited on 03/11/2007 8:03pm
    Edited 6 total times.