Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Justice league movie officaly hitting the big screen.

  • Avatar of Lena_Wayne15

    Lena_Wayne15

    [61]Mar 11, 2007
    • member since: 06/22/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,255
    JLU51306 wrote:

    they will for sure use Hal Jorden in the GL movie, and since John Stewart isn't the most well known of the GLs, but still just like in JLH they chose john stewart as the main GL in the JL and I guess they got it from the aniamted series and there's still a chance they will pick him as the GL in JL the movie.

    Well, obviously, they will use him for New Frontier, because Hal Jordan is the main character. NF is the story that made him cool, as many fans say. And Timm has said that they will use Hal for the GL movie. That doesn't mean that John won't appear, but Hal will be the main character.

    And like Silver pointed out, JLH was pased off of the cartoon. The new DTVs will be based off of the comics. One of the main reasons Hal wasn't even in JLU was because he ws tchnically dead at the time, but working as the Spectre.

    JLU51306 wrote:
    I would rather see Wally West as the flash then any of the others because he is sarcastic and funny and the other flashs aren't sarcastic or funny and thats why I think he would be the best flash for the movie.

    It's obvious your main exposure to The Flash is from the cartoon. The cartoon Wally is based off of his characterization in the early nineties. By the time JLU rolled around, Wally was married and quite serious. He knew where he was going in life, and was trying his best to live up to his uncle's legacy. Something Barry would be proud of.

    Speaking of Barry Allen, he was inspirational, and Wally would never have become the Flash without him. Unlike the comics, JLU Flash had no one come before him. He was the one and only. Wally, in the comics, took up the mantle of the Flash to honor his fallen Uncle, Barry Allen, who had sacrificed his life in the original Crisis. Wally was always working to make his uncle proud and support the legacy.

    That said, Wally is my favorite of the four Flashes. Bart at the moment is being written to emo for my taste. But it would be cool to see a Flash movie set during WWII with Jay Garrick. With Barry Allen, they could really play off the fact that he worked as a CSI Agent, which unlike the 70s, is cool now.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JLU51306

    JLU51306

    [63]Mar 11, 2007
    • member since: 01/19/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 870

    -Silverstar- wrote:

    I don't think so; they've basically confirmed that it's going to be Hal in the movie. Hal Jordan is the classic Green Lantern, and he is the GL who is a founding League Member, not John. John was the main GL in Justice League Heroes because that game was more directly adapted from the show. Once more, the movie will be based on the comics, not the cartoon. Besides, if the film producers choose to go the Smallville route and hire an African-American actor to play Martian Manhunter, then there won't be a need for John.

    I said was they would for sure use Hal for the GL in the GL movie, and I said that they might choose john as GL in the JL movie since thats GL they chose for the GL in JLH. And since he has become more popular and known there will be a bigger chance for them to use him in the movie.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JLU51306

    JLU51306

    [64]Mar 11, 2007
    • member since: 01/19/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 870

    -Silverstar- wrote:

    No offense, but what do you really know about the other Flashes? You said yourself that you're not an extensive comic reader. Not trying to be rude, but you really shouldn't attempt to pass judgment on the comics' characters unless you've actually read them. FTR, the characterization of Flash as the comic greenhorn goofball was mainly for the show; Wally wasn't exactly like that in the comics. In the comics, Plastic Man was the main comic relief of the Justice League. Plas in the comics was basically what Wally was like in the cartoon. But Warner Bros. couldn't secure the legal rights to use Plas for the show (although we was referred to in "The Greatest Story Never Told").

    I never read the flash comics but after seeing the wally west flash in JL the animated series the wally west flash grew on me and thats the one I like the best, It's not like I'm bashing the other flashes I just like that flash better. I'm not passing judgment on any of the flashs, it's just a matter of opinion and i like wally west the best. Just because he wasn't a funny guy in the comics dosen't mean there going to keep him that way for the movie, Lets just say I like the JLU's wally west and not the wally west from the comics.

    Edited on 03/11/2007 9:16pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Lena_Wayne15

    Lena_Wayne15

    [65]Mar 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/22/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,255
    What you seem to not understand though is that the movie IS based off of the comics. They're going to use the comic characters and their personalities!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of -Blackstar-

    -Blackstar-

    [66]Mar 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/08/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 6,000
    JLU1306 wrote:
    I said was they would for sure use Hal for the GL in the GL movie, and I said that they might choose john as GL in the JL movie since thats GL they chose for the GL in JLH. And since he has become more popular and known there will be a bigger chance for them to use him in the movie.


    Kindly stop referencing that one video game, because it's completely irrelevant to the live-action film. Once more, Justice League Heroes was based off of the Cartoon Network show, so naturally they chose John Stewart as the main GL for that game (although Hal and Kyle did appear in the game as unlockable characters). JLH wasn't the 1st JL video game or even the 2nd. Who was/wasn't chosen for that one video game has no bearing whatsoever on the movie. I mean, Zatana was chosen over Hawkgirl as the 7th League member in the main line up of JLH, but that's not a guarantee that Zatana will be appear in the movie. Using your logic, I could say that there's a chance that they'll use Green Arrow instead of Green Lantern because GA was chosen for Justice League Task Force, an SNES 2D fighting game that predated the TV show by several years, but that's no guarantee that Ollie will be in the movie.

    John may appear in the movie in some way shape or form (he might be portrayed as an architect, the way he was in the comics), but it's doubtful that the movie producers will choose John over Hal as the film's GL when the movie is going to based off of the comics rather than the TV show. The movie will be based on the comics for the fans of the comics, and the cold hard truth is that regardless of how well known the TV show's version of John has become, the fact remains that Hal Jordan was and still is the premiere Green Lantern in the comics, not John Stewart. Hal was the 1st GL as well as a founding member of the JLA, and is the most popular with comic fans. As much as you may like John, it's highly unlikely that the producers will choose him over Hal for the film.

    Plus, that interview pretty much confirms that Hal Jordan will be the movies' GL.
    Edited on 03/12/2007 7:14am
    Edited 7 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of -Silverstar-

    -Silverstar-

    [67]Mar 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/08/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 7,266
    JLU1306 wrote:
    I said was they would for sure use Hal for the GL in the GL movie, and I said that they might choose john as GL in the JL movie since thats GL they chose for the GL in JLH. And since he has become more popular and known there will be a bigger chance for them to use him in the movie.


    What are you saying? "I said they would for sure use Hal in the JL movie and I said that they might use John." What does that even mean? You're contradicting yourself.

    Look, you may like John Stewart more (or more accurately, he's probably the only GL you really know), but don't delude yourself into thinking that John is more popular than Hal Jordan. To many, many, many DC fans, Hal is THE Green Lantern. John was chosen for the cartoon mainly because they needed an ethnic member, and John was only a hard-nosed Marine in the cartoon because he had to be something tougher than an architect, which is what he was in the comics. I'm not saying that there's no chance that John will turn up in in the film, but he's not going to be the premier GL of the movie, nor will he be the cartoon show's version of John. Like we've been telling you for the past 3 pages, the movie ISN'T going to be based on the cartoon. That interview confirmed it. The GL in the movie is going to be Hal Jordan, not John Stewart. Period.

    :
    I never read the flash comics but after seeing the wally west flash in JL the animated series the wally west flash grew on me and thats the one I like the best, It's not like I'm bashing the other flashes I just like that flash better. I'm not passing judgment on any of the flashs, it's just a matter of opinion and i like wally west the best. Just because he wasn't a funny guy in the comics dosen't mean there going to keep him that way for the movie, Lets just say I like the JLU's wally west and not the wally west from the comics.


    That argument is groundless. You can't say that you like Wally the best over the other Flashes, for the simple fact that by your own admission you don't know anything about the other Flashes. If you've ever actually read the comics and and seen the others in action and you still preferred Wally, then I'd cut you some slack. But until then, you're just coming off like someone who's only exposure to JL is the show and knows not what he speaks of. The ONLY reason that you think Wally West is the best Flash ever is because he's the one they chose for the cartoon show, and therefore he's the only Flash you know anything about. If they had gone with Barry Allen as Flash on the show, then you'd be telling us how much better Barry is than the others Flashes right now. Likewise if they had used Jay Garrick for the show. But the movie ISN'T going to be based on the show, so nothing attributed to the cartoon is relevant in this case.You can't say that you prefer the TV version of Wally to the comics version because you've never seen the comics version. As Lena pointed out, Wally was closest to his TV counterpart in the early 90's, before he matured, married and settled down. But if the movie chronicles the founding of the JLA, chances are slim that they'll go with Wally, who wasn't the first Flash or even the second. If they wanted to tie in to the comics' present timeline, then they could go with Bart, who's the current Flash. But if the movie chronicles the JLA's formation, it'll most likely be Jay or Barry. I'm not saying that Flash won't have a sense of humor, just that it's iffy that he'll be TV's Wally West. Once again, the rest of us are trying to approach this thing logically, but it seems that you're capacity for logic is being clouded by fanboysim and by the fact that you're basing everything from your standpoint on the show, and it's been established (quite tellingly, I think) that this movie is not going to be based on the show. Wake up and smell the imported java brewing.
    Edited on 03/12/2007 9:49am
    Edited 6 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JLU51306

    JLU51306

    [68]Mar 12, 2007
    • member since: 01/19/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 870

    -Silverstar- wrote: 

    I don't think so; they've basically confirmed that it's going to be Hal in the movie.

    How am i contridicting myself, I basically said what you said, "They will for sure use Hal in the movie, But theres still a chance that he will be in it because he has grown more popular with animated series which gives him the chance of him being in it.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JLU51306

    JLU51306

    [69]Mar 12, 2007
    • member since: 01/19/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 870

    -Silverstar- wrote:

    What are you saying? "I said they would for sure use Hal in the JL movie and I said that they might use John." What does that even mean? You're contradicting yourself.

    Thats exactly what I said, How am I contradicting myself. And I never said John stewart was more popular than Hal, I said john stewart has become more popular than he was back then.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JLU51306

    JLU51306

    [70]Mar 12, 2007
    • member since: 01/19/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 870

    -Silverstar- wrote:

    You can't say that you like Wally the best over the other Flashes, for the simple fact that by your own admission you don't know anything about the other Flashes.

    I can say I like wally the best over the other flashes because it's my own opinion, you have your opinion which flash you like and I have my opinion, although I didn't read any of the flash comics and I say that I like the flash that I've seen the most of, So what do you want me to do about, dislike all flashes because I haven't seen all of them, this is very irrelevant, this thread isn't about which flash is the best, It's about the JL movie coming out.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JLU51306

    JLU51306

    [71]Mar 12, 2007
    • member since: 01/19/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 870

    -Blackstar- wrote:

    Kindly stop referencing that one video game, because it's completely irrelevant to the live-action film. Once more, Justice League Heroes was based off of the Cartoon Network show, so naturally they chose John Stewart as the main GL for that game (although Hal and Kyle did appear in the game as unlockable characters).

    I was only refering to the JLH game to make a point.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gamerboy190

    gamerboy190

    [72]Mar 12, 2007
    • member since: 05/11/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 6,292
    Anyway, to change the topic, I hope this movie does well enough to make other movies based on this. I concede to the fact that I have no knowledge of comics at all nor will I try to find any. I hope to gain knowledge from this movie and future movies that comes out with this continuity. But JLU, please, I depend on the Star Bros, Lena, and others who know about the comics well and I might need this info to make future episodes. So please stop sending misinformation please?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of -Silverstar-

    -Silverstar-

    [73]Mar 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/08/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 7,266
    JLU51306 wrote:

    -Silverstar- wrote:

    I don't think so; they've basically confirmed that it's going to be Hal in the movie.

    How am i contridicting myself, I basically said what you said, "They will for sure use Hal in the movie, But theres still a chance that he (John) will be in it because he has grown more popular with animated series which gives him the chance of him being in it.



    Dude, THEY'RE GOING WITH HAL JORDAN FOR THE MOVIE, NOT JOHN STEWART. THE MOVIE IS GOING TO BE BASED ON THE COMICS, NOT THE ANIMATED SERIES. This has already been announced and confirmed. The fact that this movie will not be an adaptation of the cartoon show is a very basic fact that you seem unable or unwilling to grasp for whatever reason. Short of erecting an 8-ft tall neon sign with those words embossed in big, blazing letters in front of your house, I don't know how much clearer we can make that for you.
    Edited on 03/12/2007 6:11pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of -Blackstar-

    -Blackstar-

    [74]Mar 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/08/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 6,000
    JLU1306 wrote:
    "They will for sure use Hal in the movie, But theres still a chance that he will be in it because he has grown more popular with animated series which gives him the chance of him being in it.


    Oy. I give up. You've been told over and over that the JL movie is going to be based off of the comics, not the cartoon show. And the article darn near said that they would be using Hal Jordan, and yet you continue to say "There's a chance that they'll use John." like a broken MP3. Even if Jonh does appear in the movie, he won't be a Green Lantern, because Hal will be in it and 2 GLs would be quite redundant.

    Fine. Believe what you want to believe. But when the movie comes out and you see Hal Jordan on the big screen, don't shout "Hey! Green Lantern's a white guy!"
    Edited on 03/12/2007 6:22pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of -Silverstar-

    -Silverstar-

    [75]Mar 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/08/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 7,266
    JLU51306 wrote:

    -Silverstar- wrote:

    You can't say that you like Wally the best over the other Flashes, for the simple fact that by your own admission you don't know anything about the other Flashes.

    I can say I like wally the best over the other flashes because it's my own opinion, you have your opinion which flash you like and I have my opinion, although I didn't read any of the flash comics and I say that I like the flash that I've seen the most of, So what do you want me to do about, dislike all flashes because I haven't seen all of them, this is very irrelevant, this thread isn't about which flash is the best, It's about the JL movie coming out.



    You can like whomever you choose to like, chum. I honestly couldn't care less about that. But I'm just saying that you can't truthfully say that you prefer one Flash over the others for the simple fact that you don't know enough about the others to accurately make that call. If you're a fan of the JL cartoon version of Flash, fine. Just say that. But it's foolish of you to try to say that the TV version of Flash is superior to any of the comics' versions without having ever read the comics. You can't logically make a comparison without knowledge of what it is you're comparing. That was my point. What you should have said was "My only knowledge of Justice League is the show, and I like Wally West. And since I don't know jack squat about any of the comics Flashes, I'd have to say that I prefer the TV Flash, 'cause he's the only one I know about."

    But you're right about this being an irrelevant point, because for the umptee-seventh time, the JL movie is NOT going to be based off the cartoon show.
    Edited on 03/12/2007 6:23pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of -Blackstar-

    -Blackstar-

    [76]Mar 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/08/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 6,000
    Moving on...

    Who do you all think the big villain of the film will be? I'm thinking maybe Darkseid. As Sylent already said, having Lex as the villain would be too much like rehashing Superman Returns, and none of the Batman villains are tough enough to take on the Justice League (except for the Joker).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of -Silverstar-

    -Silverstar-

    [77]Mar 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/08/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 7,266
    I'm thinking either Brainiac or Darkseid (possibly both in some fashion, since the trend in these comics movies is to feature 2 villains, a major one and a minor one, sometimes working in tandem). Those 2 seem like the only big-time villains who could accurately pose a global threat which would call for the entire League, except for maybe the White Martians, but that would just be a retread of "Secret Origins".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Lena_Wayne15

    Lena_Wayne15

    [78]Mar 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/22/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,255
    The White Martians can be used, because they are a large scale threat, and that's one reason the League formed in Morrison's 'New Wolrd Order'.

    Starro is an awesome villain, but I think a giant evilspace starfish would seem too cheesy to use, even if he can take control of people's minds. There's Darkseid, but it could turn into a major space battle.

    But you're wrong when you said there isn't a Bat-villain who could take the League. I present to you Ra's Al Ghul. The only problem is that Batman Begins used him first.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of -Silverstar-

    -Silverstar-

    [79]Mar 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/08/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 7,266
    Good points, all.

    Brainiac to me still seems like a likely contender, especially since he's been considered for a number of canceled Superman sequels.

    Doomsday is another possibility, but they're already using him for Superman: Doomsday.
    Edited on 03/12/2007 8:05pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JLU51306

    JLU51306

    [80]Mar 12, 2007
    • member since: 01/19/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 870

    -Silverstar- wrote:

    The movie is said to be based on the comics, not the cartoon, so the chances of John Stewart being depicted are slim, I'd say. Possible, but highly unlikely.

    I am saying exactly what your saying here, And I never said the movie was going or could be based of the cartoon. I only said that since John Stewart was in the cartoon and every JL, JLA, and JLU fan most likely watched the show might give john a small chance that he might be in it, and john was in the comics wasn't he? And you said the movie would be based off the comics means he might be in it since he was in the comics.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.