Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Justice league movie officaly hitting the big screen.

JLU51306

[81]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 18

--Silverstar- wrote:

Dude, THEY'RE GOING WITH HAL JORDAN FOR THE MOVIE, NOT JOHN STEWART. THE MOVIE IS GOING TO BE BASED ON THE COMICS, NOT THE ANIMATED SERIES. This has already been announced and confirmed. The fact that this movie will not be an adaptation of the cartoon show is a very basic fact that you seem unable or unwilling to grasp for whatever reason. Short of erecting an 8-ft tall neon sign with those words embossed in big, blazing letters in front of your house, I don't know how much clearer we can make that for you.

no need to shout, and no it can't get much clearer.

Edited on 03/12/2007 8:56pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JLU51306

[82]Mar 12, 2007

-Blackstar- wrote:

Oy. I give up. You've been told over and over that the JL movie is going to be based off of the comics, not the cartoon show. And the article darn near said that they would be using Hal Jordan, and yet you continue to say "There's a chance that they'll use John." like a broken MP3. Even if Jonh does appear in the movie, he won't be a Green Lantern, because Hal will be in it and 2 GLs would be quite redundant. Fine. Believe what you want to believe. But when the movie comes out and you see Hal Jordan on the big screen, don't shout "Hey! Green Lantern's a white guy!"

I could have swarn that Silverstar said that "the chances of john stewart being depicted are slim, I'd say. Possibly, but highly unlikely.

Edited on 03/12/2007 9:19pm

JLU51306

[83]Mar 12, 2007

-Silverstar- wrote:

You can like whomever you choose to like, chum. I honestly couldn't care less about that. But I'm just saying that you can't truthfully say that you prefer one Flash over the others for the simple fact that you don't know enough about the others to accurately make that call. If you're a fan of the JL cartoon version of Flash, fine. Just say that. But it's foolish of you to try to say that the TV version of Flash is superior to any of the comics' versions without having ever read the comics.

like I said, though I don't know much about the other flashes I still like wally west. What do you want me to do about it, dislike all flashes because I  haven't seen or read about them all.

-Silverstar wrote:

If you're a fan of the JL cartoon version of Flash, fine. Just say that.

And I did, right here

JLU51306 wrote:

Lets just say I like JLU's wally west and not the wally west from the comics.

Edited on 03/12/2007 9:21pm

JLU51306

[84]Mar 12, 2007
    I think that the villians will be Darkseid, the Joker, and Braniac.

-Blackstar-

[85]Mar 13, 2007
    • level: 8
    JLU51306 wrote:
    I think that the villians will be Darkseid, the Joker, and Braniac.

Who's "Braniac"? A villain with the power of fiber? I think you meant to say Brainiac

One, maybe two of them, but not all 3. I highly doubt that they'll use the Joker, since he's going to be in the sequel to Batman Begins. The producers could have a storyline similar to "Twilight" that could incorperate both Brainiac and Darkseid, but that's also unlikely, since the movie's won't be based on the JL animated series.

I like the idea of the White Martian plot. That would be a great way to give a J'onn a major role.

-Silverstar-

[86]Mar 13, 2007
    • level: 9
    JLU1305 wrote:
    I could have swarn that Silverstar said that "the chances of john stewart being depicted are slim, I'd say. Possibly, but highly unlikely.

I did indeed, but that was before the interview was posted. Now that the official word is that the movie will be based on the JLA comics, it's a no-brainer that the Green Lantern depicted will be Hal Jordan. They'd tick off too many DC fans if they didn't go with Hal.

:
    I only said that since John Stewart was in the cartoon and every JL,
    JLA, and JLU fan most likely watched the show might give john a small
    chance that he might be in it, and john was in the comics wasn't he?
    And you said the movie would be based off the comics means he might be
    in it since he was in the comics.

John was in the comics, but he wasn't the tough-as-nails military man he was on the show; that was just for TV. Also, John was an active GL predominantly during the 70's; he hasn't been an active Lantern in the books for some time now (unless one counts the Justice League Adventures comic series, which is direcly based off the cartoon). And by no means is John Stewart as popular a GL as Hal Jordan. Hal was the first Green Lantern, and a founding JLA member. Just because a lot of JL readers watched the show doesn't mean that they've all accepted John into their collective bosoms and are ready to place him over Hal; I know a lot of people who really wanted Hal or Kyle Rayner to be the GL of the cartoon show, but Kyle would've been redundant since Wally was being portrayed as the youngster of the team, and Hal was undercover as The Spectre by the time the series debuted. A lot of folks were head-over-heels with ecstacy when Hal popped up in "Time, Warped", even though he was only on screen for about a minute.
    Edited on 03/13/2007 6:28am

Hyou_Gattai

[87]Mar 13, 2007
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    I highly doubt that they'll use the Joker, since he's going to be in the sequel to Batman Begins
    BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT is the sequel to Batman Begins, and the Joker is still on plans to be villian,
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    incorperate both Brainiac and Darkseid, but that's also unlikely, since the movie's won't be based on the JL animated series
    very unlikely, since in the sequel to Superman Returns (Superman: The Man of Steel), the rumoured main villians will be brainiac and/or general zod, sicen Brandon Routh has only beign programmed for 3 superman movies, i dont think we will be seeing any time soon any clash between Darkseid vs Superman or Doomsday vs Supes

JLU51306

[88]Mar 13, 2007

JLU51306 wote:

Might give john a small chance that he might be in it.

One of the last things I said about john stewart being in it, and I said he might be in it, I didn't say for him to be the JLs GL in the movie when I said this, I just meant for him to make a guest apperance in the movie.

JLU51306

[89]Mar 13, 2007

I don't think you should use Brainiac as a minor villian because that would make him look like a weak, unimportant villian, So if brainiac is going to be in it he should be a major villian or he shouldn't be in it at all.

Now maybe Brainiac be the major villian and have a couple minor villians such as Clayface, and The Parasite.

I think if they are going to use a global threat like the white martians they should use the manhunters, I think it would be cool to see the JL fighting the manhunters.

JLU51306

[90]Mar 13, 2007

Who's "Braniac"? A villain with the power of fiber? I think you meant to say Brainiac.

Typo.

-Silverstar-

[91]Mar 13, 2007
    JLU51306 wrote:
    I think if they are going to use a global threat like the white martians they should use the manhunters, I think it would be cool to see the JL fighting the manhunters.
    Possibly, only thing is: the Manhunters are kind of centric to the Green Lantern Corps. Ideally, the story should center on all of the heroes equally. This is a JLA movie, not the Green Lantern movie (though that's supposedly in the works.) If any one character or set of characters were to get special treatment in the story, I would imagine it would be one or all of the Big Three.

:
    One of the last things I said about john stewart being in it, and I said he might be in it, I didn't say for him to be the JLs GL in the movie when I said this, I just meant for him to make a guest apperance in the movie.

That too is possible; he could make an Easter egg cameo as an architect in a news report or something, kind of a homage to the comics.
    Edited on 03/13/2007 12:52pm
    Edited 4 total times.

-Blackstar-

[92]Mar 13, 2007
    JLU51306 wrote:

Who's "Braniac"? A villain with the power of fiber? I think you meant to say Brainiac.

Typo.

That was a little thing called a "joke". Relax.

JLU51306

[93]Mar 13, 2007

and I took it as a joke.

JLU51306

[94]Mar 13, 2007

Possibly, only thing is: the Manhunters are kind of centric to the Green Lantern Corps. Ideally, the story should center on all of the heroes equally. This is a JLA movie, not the Green Lantern movie (though that's supposedly in the works.) If any one character or set of characters were to get special treatment in the story, I would imagine it would be one or all of the Big Three.

It would be better to shine some light on the other members of the justice league, the big three already get enough attention with the superman and batman sequels, now maybe wonder woman but she really has no Big villians, So I think it would be better to have the attention on The Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, and maybe Aquaman.

I had an idea who else could be in the JL movie, The Atom would be cool to see in the JL movie.

-Blackstar-

[95]Mar 13, 2007
    JLU1306 wrote:
    It would be better to shine some light on the other members of the justice league, the big three already get enough attention with the superman and batman sequels, now maybe wonder woman but she really has no Big villians, So I think it would be better to have the attention on The Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, and maybe Aquaman.

Don't count on that happening. The Big 3 are the Big 3 for a reason. Do you know how many DC comic fans would be ticked off if they paid money to see a Justice League movie and the Trinity was only in a handful of scenes? Nobody wants to see a JL movie focusing on just those characters (except for you, of course). When the X-Men movies came out, I had hoped that they wouldn't focus so much on Wolverine, but of course, they did. And why? Because Wolvie is (arguably) the most popular X-Man. Hate to disappoint you, JLU, but the Justice League movie is going to focus on Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, same as always. Which is not to say that the others won't get some decent scenes. Although I personally doubt that we'll see much of Aquaman, if he appears in the movie at all. But you must bear in mind that the average super hero movie focuses it's attention on 1, 2, 3, or at the most 4 or 5 main characters, and when you have a pluarity of heroes, you will inevitably end up with some characters having more to do than others. If any character(s) will dominate the movie, it will be 1 or all of those 3. Believe it.
    Edited on 03/13/2007 8:19pm
    Edited 2 total times.

-Silverstar-

[96]Mar 13, 2007
    FTR, the founding 7 members of the JLA were Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Martian Manhunter, Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) and Aquaman. So unless the writers take liberties with the script, I'd say it's a safe bet these are the characters who will be featured in the movie. How much or how little I can't say, but I'm pretty sure that the Big Three will be featured prominently; they're all to popular and iconic not to be. J'onn has been in every incarnation of the Justice League since it's inception, so I would reckon he'll be used rather extensively. I don't see Aquaman doing all that much, if he's in it at all, but you never know.
    Edited on 03/13/2007 8:22pm

JLU51306

[97]Mar 13, 2007

when I said that they should shine some light on the other heroes i didn't mean for them to get more scenes then the big three, I only meant for them to get equal scene's, like I said I don't want them to have all focus on superman batman and WW, and if they are going to have all focus on the big three than they should just call it the Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman movie.

If they don't put Aquaman in they movie they should put The Atom in his place.

-Blackstar-

[98]Mar 14, 2007
    JLU1306 wrote:
    when I said that they should shine some light on the other heroes i didn't mean for them to get more scenes then the big three, I only meant for them to get equal scene's, like I said I don't want them to have all focus on superman batman and WW, and if they are going to have all focus on the big three than they should just call it the Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman movie.

OK, understood and I agree, except that I wouldn't mind seeing a Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman movie, provided it was done well. But a movie about Supes, Bats and Wondy should rightfully be called Trinity. It's shorter. Anyway, that's a nice thought, but like I already said, having that many characters and giving everyone equal amounts of screentime in the space of 60 to 120 minutes would be a fairly tall order.

:

1. It's not etched in stone that they'll use 7 heroes. Just because it's that way on the show, it doesn't automatically mean that the movie will do it that way.

2. If the movie is going to be about the forming of the JLA, then it's doubtful that the Atom will appear at all, given that he's not a founding member. Ray Palmer could make an Easter egg appearance as a normal scientist and just not shrink.

3. I still think that a team with more than 4 members should have at least 2 women. And not Supergirl. As much as I like Kara, 2 Kryptonians on the same team would be quite redundant.
    Edited on 03/14/2007 5:58am
    Edited 5 total times.

-Silverstar-

[99]Mar 14, 2007
    JLU51306 wrote:

I agree that there's no great need or desire (on my part, anyway) for the producers to use Aquaman, for reasons I've already stated. On the other hand, while I have nothing against Ray, I still think they should put another female hero in there for gender balance. More than 3 dudes and only 1 lady (if that's truly going to be the case) just wouldn't fly in the Politically Correct 21st century, and everybody can't-and shouldn't-be crushing on Wonder Woman. The most logical choice (IMO) would be Black Canary, since she was basically the 2nd woman to join the JLA.
    Edited on 03/14/2007 5:42am
    Edited 3 total times.