Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Justice league movie officaly hitting the big screen.

Hyou_Gattai

[101]Mar 14, 2007
    • level: 9
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    I still think that a team with more than 4 members should have at least 2 women. And not Supergirl. As much as I like Kara, 2 Kryptonians on the same team would be quite redundant.
    right, and seeing how hyperactive Kara always is, this would unbalance the team, because we have Bats as the brain, Supes is the muscles and lil'bit of brain and WW is both, Kara would not fit properly
    -Silverstar- wrote:
    The most logical choice (IMO) would be Black Canary, since she was basically the 2nd woman to join the JLA.
    exactly, this would be the better choice
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sylent_asassin

[102]Mar 14, 2007
    • level: 26
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    JLU51306 wrote:
    I think that the villians will be Darkseid, the Joker, and Braniac.
    Who's "Braniac"? A villain with the power of fiber? I think you meant to say Brainiac

LMAO!!! That's rich!

Braniac: *in Burton's voice* I'm here to assimilate your world of all its knowledge and information and destroy it... but first, you simply must try my Bran muffins. Not only is it healthy, but it will assist in softening your stool.

In regard to a major villian for the JL film, I will stand by my original idea of Darkseid (played by Dennis Heysbert). Darkseid has an invasion force and formidible minions (The Furies, Kalibak, Steppenwulf, Granny Goodness) that could give the league fits. The only thing that would concern me is the usage of Boom tubes, Apocolyptian civil war refrences and the war between New Genesis that might go over the average Joe's head.

Ra's (pronounced Raysh) Al Ghul / Tower of Babel would be pretty cool, but Superman wouldn't have the chance to engage someone in fisticuffs; something that was sorely lacking in Superman Returns. Instead of laying the smackdown, he'd be busy putting out fires.

A well-known nemesis of the JLA in the comics is Starro as Lena pointed out. He has great power, but the appearance leaves much to be desired. A telekinetic, purple Starfish wouldn't be taken seriously to the general public. Perhaps if he had a host body... Still, mind-controlling organisms rub me the wrong way.
    Edited on 03/14/2007 10:35am

JLU51306

[103]Mar 14, 2007
    • level: 18

-Blackstar- wrote:

1. It's not etched in stone that they'll use 7 heroes. Just because it's that way on the show, it doesn't automatically mean that the movie will do it that way. 2. If the movie is going to be about the forming of the JLA, then it's doubtful that the Atom will appear at all, given that he's not a founding member. Ray Palmer could make an Easter egg appearance as a normal scientist and just not shrink. 3. I still think that a team with more than 4 members should have at least 2 women. And not Supergirl. As much as I like Kara, 2 Kryptonians on the same team would be quite redundant.

I agree about 2 women in the team, maybe Huntress could be in it, and I think that there shouldn't be less than 5 heroes and no more than 8 heroes on one team, I think that some big heroes that won't be in the JL team for the movie should make small apearances like you said about the atom, maybe aquaman and hawkgirl could make small apearances too.

JLU51306

[104]Mar 14, 2007

Sylent_assasin wrote:

In regard to a major villian for the JL film, I will stand by my original idea of Darkseid (played by Dennis Heysbert). Darkseid has an invasion force and formidible minions (The Furies, Kalibak, Steppenwulf, Granny Goodness) that could give the league fits. The only thing that would concern me is the usage of Boom tubes, Apocolyptian civil war refrences and the war between New Genesis that might go over the average Joe's head.

I do like the idea of denis haysbert playing darkseid but darkseid is very large and I don't think denis haysbert could fit the part but I do like the idea of darkseid being the main villian.

sylent_asassin

[105]Mar 14, 2007
    • level: 26
    Are you kidding? If you're going strictly for size, you could always get a wrestler that can't speak English like the 7'4" Great Khali.

Meh. That wouldn't work.

Dennis has the height (legit 6'4"), the body type, powerful voice and the prominent forehead so he wouldn't require too much prosthetic make-up. All he would need is some 3" boots, the costume and red, omega-beam contacts. The only question I would have is his ability to play an genocidal antogonist. He's usually on the other side of the spectrum.

-Silverstar-

[106]Mar 14, 2007
    JLU51306 wrote:
    I agree about 2 women in the team, maybe Huntress could be in it, and I think that there shouldn't be less than 5 heroes and no more than 8 heroes on one team, I think that some big heroes that won't be in the JL team for the movie should make small apearances like you said about the atom, maybe aquaman and hawkgirl could make small apearances too.
    Nah, Huntress is too much like Batman; redundant heroes would just confuse people. Besides, she's not a founding JLA member. They couldn't really depict Huntress properly without delving into her ties with Batsy, which would be too much of a distraction from the main plot.

5 heroes I can see, 6, possibly, but 8? You really like the thought of the writers getting migraines, don't you? I still contend that in order to effectively focus on each team member, the team's roster must be relatively small. Having 8 heroes is fine, as long as you don't mind some of them (most likely the Trinity) getting a ton more screen time than others, because with a roster that big, that would be an inevitability. The filmmakers have only got about 80 to 120 minutes to establish all of the characters, where they came from, how they meet each other, some conflict for them to resolve, some serious fight scenes and their reason for wanting to become a team; there's no way you can get all of that in there and manage an equal amount of camera time and character development for 8 separate main characters, unless they're planning to make the film the length of something like Gone With The Wind or Das Boot. C'mon, the original JLA didn't have any more than 7 members.

As for cameo appearances by other heroes: Aquaman and Atom, maybe, but Hawkgirl, probably not. Outside of the cartoon show, she wasn't much to speak of; she was merely an extension of her male counterpart, Hawkman. FTR, by 'Easter egg' appearances, I meant that you could see Ray Palmer (Atom) and/or Arthur Curry (Aquaman) as regular folks in brief cameos, like in news reports or out on the streets or as scientists in a lab, not as superheroes. What would be the point in showing other characters donning spandex if they're not going to join the League? Showing Capes walking around who don't join the JLA would be too confusing to viewers not familair with the DC franchise.
    Edited on 03/14/2007 1:06pm
    Edited 7 total times.

-Blackstar-

[107]Mar 14, 2007
    • level: 8
    Well, in JLU's defense, he never said anything about Atom or Hawkman getting fitted for tights. He just suggested that they could possibly make Easter egg appearances, which could happen.

However, I still say that Black Canary would be a better choice for the 2nd woman than Huntress. Granted, my opinion is a tad biased because I'm not really a Huntress fan. IMHO, She's basically Batman with curves (except for the fact that Huntress is willing to kill, unlike Batman). Having 2 brooding, non-powered vigilante heroes would be just as redundant as having 2 Kryptonians. I think that Ashley Scott (the actress who played Huntress in WB's short-lived Birds of Prey series was smoking hot, but that's about it.

Yowza!

Edited on 03/14/2007 12:52pm
    Edited 2 total times.

JLU51306

[108]Mar 14, 2007

I never said they had to be in their superhero costumes, I just said they could make small apearances.

if there would be 6 heroes my choice of the heroes would be:

superman (of course)

batman (of course)

WW (of course)

the flash: wally west (my opinion)

green lantern: hal jordan

martian manhunter

are there any other superhero women besides huntress and black canary that are well known enough to be in it.

JLU51306

[109]Mar 14, 2007

-Blackstar- wrote:

However, I still say that Black Canary would be a better choice for the 2nd woman than Huntress. Granted, my opinion is a tad biased because I'm not really a Huntress fan. IMHO, She's basically Batman with curves (except for the fact that Huntress is willing to kill, unlike Batman). Having 2 brooding, non-powered vigilante heroes would be just as redundant as having 2 Kryptonians.

your right, I guess I never thought about it like that.

gamerboy190

[110]Mar 14, 2007
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    Are you kidding? If you're going strictly for size, you could always get a wrestler that can't speak English like the 7'4" Great Khali.

Meh. That wouldn't work.

Dennis has the height (legit 6'4"), the body type, powerful voice and the prominent forehead so he wouldn't require too much prosthetic make-up. All he would need is some 3" boots, the costume and red, omega-beam contacts. The only question I would have is his ability to play an genocidal antogonist. He's usually on the other side of the spectrum.

Funny Sylent, althought he's called The Crap Khali...

JLU51306

[111]Mar 14, 2007

Sylent_Asassin wrote:

Are you kidding? If you're going strictly for size, you could always get a wrestler that can't speak English like the 7'4" Great Khali. Meh. That wouldn't work. Dennis has the height (legit 6'4"), the body type, powerful voice and the prominent forehead so he wouldn't require too much prosthetic make-up. All he would need is some 3" boots, the costume and red, omega-beam contacts. The only question I would have is his ability to play an genocidal antogonist. He's usually on the other side of the spectrum.

I'm just putting all things into consideration.

Edited on 03/14/2007 5:40pm

gamerboy190

[112]Mar 15, 2007
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    Well, in JLU's defense, he never said anything about Atom or Hawkman getting fitted for tights. He just suggested that they could possibly make Easter egg appearances, which could happen.

However, I still say that Black Canary would be a better choice for the 2nd woman than Huntress. Granted, my opinion is a tad biased because I'm not really a Huntress fan. IMHO, She's basically Batman with curves (except for the fact that Huntress is willing to kill, unlike Batman). Having 2 brooding, non-powered vigilante heroes would be just as redundant as having 2 Kryptonians. I think that Ashley Scott (the actress who played Huntress in WB's short-lived Birds of Prey series was smoking hot, but that's about it.

Yowza!

Damn, she looks hot!

Hyou_Gattai

[113]Mar 16, 2007
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    -Blackstar- wrote:

Yowza!

Damn, she looks hot!
    you are right, sexyyyyy

-Blackstar-

[114]Mar 16, 2007
    • level: 8

The Birds of Prey
    version of Huntress, who was named Helena Kyle for that series, had low-level super powers. I actually would have preferred it if Warner Brothers had used this version of Huntress than the comics version used on JLU.

Lena_Wayne15

[115]Mar 16, 2007
    • level: 16
    But...This isn't Earth-2...

Well, there's a Helena Kyle/Dubrova on New Earth, but she's the daughter of Catwoman and Sam Bradley, not Selina and Bruce.

I just saying....

gamerboy190

[116]Mar 16, 2007
    -Blackstar- wrote:

The Birds of Prey
    version of Huntress, who was named Helena Kyle for that series, had low-level super powers. I actually would have preferred it if Warner Brothers had used this version of Huntress than the comics version used on JLU.

I concur.

Joeycrak

[117]Mar 18, 2007
    • level: 1
    What?  No love for Plastic Man?    He should totally be in the movie and you know who should play him?     Bruce Campbell.   You can't deny it.

-Silverstar-

[118]Mar 19, 2007
    Don't squawk to us about it. Talk to the script writers. There's not even a script yet, let alone a final cast; so right now nobdody has any idea who's going to make the final cut. If the movie producers want to use Plas for the movie, then they will. Although I think there are legal restrictions banning any major usage of Plastic Man (hence why his sole major TV appearance was Ruby-Spears' Plastic Man Comedy Adventure Show, which wasn't connected to the DC universe).
    Edited on 03/19/2007 6:15am

Hyou_Gattai

[119]Mar 19, 2007
    Joeycrak wrote:
    What? No love for Plastic Man?
    so my question to you is: do you know who plastic man is?

gamerboy190

[120]Mar 19, 2007
    Hyou_Gattai wrote:
    Joeycrak wrote:
    What? No love for Plastic Man?
    so my question to you is: do you know who plastic man is?

Obviously, Plastic Man would at least gotten an episode or even be in the cast if the League thinks he's that important.