Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Justice league movie officaly hitting the big screen.

Hyou_Gattai

[121]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 9
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    Hyou_Gattai wrote:
    Joeycrak wrote:
    What? No love for Plastic Man?
    so my question to you is: do you know who plastic man is?

Obviously, Plastic Man would at least gotten an episode or even be in the cast if the League thinks he's that important.
    lol, i think that the only one that cares for plastic man is Batman
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Joeycrak

[122]Mar 21, 2007
    • level: 1

Eel O'Brian?   I'm sure thats not the answer you were looking for.  I don't personally know him, but i do read his comics.   Well, what comics that exist, Kyle Baker's series was great and what made me envision him as Bruce Campbell.   

I only brought it up because everyone is listing their choices for the "league" and no one thought of good ole Plas.  You need the comedy he brings to the team.

Plus Bruce Cambell even looks like him.  But i know if the movie is made, he probably wont be in it, and if plas. is in it, he probably won't be played by bruce campbell.

gamerboy190

[123]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 18
    Hyou_Gattai wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    Hyou_Gattai wrote:
    Joeycrak wrote:

Obviously, Plastic Man would at least gotten an episode or even be in the cast if the League thinks he's that important.

Word...

Hyou_Gattai

[124]Mar 23, 2007
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    Hyou_Gattai wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    Hyou_Gattai wrote:
    Joeycrak wrote:

Word...
    you are asking me why?

gamerboy190

[125]Mar 23, 2007
    Hyou_Gattai wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    Hyou_Gattai wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    Hyou_Gattai wrote:
    Joeycrak wrote:

Word...
    you are asking me why?

Nah, just my way of agreeing with you.

batmanbat

[126]Mar 25, 2007
    • level: 6
    hmm... my dream team would be

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman (Big three)
    Black Canary
    Green Arrow (ARROW, not LANTERN. U think they'd hav Canary but no Lantern? Please)
    J'onn (I think the Smallville approch would be good. heck, use the same actor for all i care.)

I really hope the writers do a 4-man roster. it would be like, the Trinity, and that other dude. 6 is a good number.

-Silverstar-

[127]Mar 26, 2007
    THIS JUST IN: rumor has it that actor Christian Bale, as per his Batman Begins commitment, is contractually obligated to play Batman in this proposed Justice League movie. So that would appear to be one actor cast already.

Ric_lv

[128]Mar 26, 2007
    Hehe.... Do you predict long lines at the cinemas, like when a Star Wars movie comes out?

-Silverstar-

[129]Mar 26, 2007
    If the Hollywood spin doctors make the trailers tantalizing enough, it's sure to bring the geek armies out in droves.

sylent_asassin

[130]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 26
    Just imagine the geeks camping out for weeks in advance just to be the first one in line.

-Silverstar-

[131]Mar 26, 2007

Cosplayers!

RUN!!!!!!!

gamerboy190

[132]Mar 26, 2007
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    Just imagine the geeks camping out for weeks in advance just to be the first one in line.

Oh My God....

Hyou_Gattai

[133]Mar 26, 2007
    lmao, batman has more boobs than Wonder Woman

Ric_lv

[134]Mar 27, 2007
    It might sound pathetic for some people here, but as a JLU TV show admirer, I would like them to continue the story. So many people are wanting the 6th season of JLU which will never show. But if they made a 3-hour movie (with extended DVDs later, like it was done with Lord of the Rings) they could draw 2 campaings of fans together. Those who have followed DC comics from the very root, and those like me - just the TV show watchers. Besides, DC comics are only freely available in USA, in Europe we watch cable and sattelite. Continuing the TV show, would also draw more fans from Europe to this movie. As for the script. First the movie could start with review what happened after the Lex and Darkseid's dissapearance...
    It could be like: "After the dissapearance of Lex and Darkseid the world has become a safeland - no major villain attacks, just pure crime as in normal world. Earth was no more a target for them. The Justice League was no longer needed, so it slowly disapeared. WW went back to the island to help her mother, Superman simply started to live in the farm where humans adopted him, far away from others. He started to write a book. Batman as Bruce started to work as the head of FBI or other serious goverment institution, Flash, well... He simply found a job and lived as a normal man exept he didn't use any transportation. [Optional: he could also be living together with Giganta. Remember the last minutes of Destroyer, hehe. But anyway, she shouldn't appear in the movie very much as she is not a hero originaly. She could, like, save Flash from a fall somewhere in the movie, that's all]. Aquaman - no questons asked, deep in the sea. Green Lantern (John Stewart) started to work in fashion as a main manager.[Optional: John was sent back to GL core. When the action starts, Hal comes in John’s place]. Martian Manhunter... Well.. For him I could just say, he disapeared. He's a mystery man. Hawkgirl flew away from Earth, as she couldn't find her purpose here. She became a rough mercenary. As for all the other heros and villians, they simply took their own ways, which dont need to be described as they wont/shouldn't appear in the movie....
    So here we are living in this rather peaceful world. But ofcourse the movie is just starting and so it happens... Lex Luthor returns to Earth leaving Darkseid behind.He has gained a lot information and power and once again tries to rule the Earth. He also draws together some of the villains. Which ones and how many, it depends. And here the movie starts…Manhunter and Hawkgirl come to help Earth to beat Lex, because Martian sensed a huge evil energy closing to Earth and he also found Hawkgirl and together they arrived."
    About the actors… To avoid superstar egos, I’d rather not use many superstars.My list:

Superman – current Superman Brandon Routh
    Batman – Chris O’Donnell
    Wonder Woman – someone new, but has to look like WW. 5’11 – 6’0 tall.
    Flash – Seann William Scott (has to shave)
    Lex Luthor – Kevin Spacey
    Don’t know for others.

Shayera-Hol

[135]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 20

Here are my cast picks

Superman -- George Eads from CSI. He's not tall enough (only 6'-0"), but the same height as Christian Bale, buff and wholesome. BTW, he was the voice of Captain Atom on JLU

Batman -- My favorite would be Steven Seagal. He has the bat-voice and the martial arts and broods well. But he's now too old and out of shape, so I guess Christian Bale is OK......or Chris O’Donnell

Wonder Woman -- Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Green Lantern (John Stewart) -- My current favorite is Dennis Haysbert. He was also the voice of Kilowog on JLU. I also like Laurence Fishburn, (6'4") and Michael Dorn (also 6-4). I originally thought Denzel (6-0), but I think I like these guys better.

Martian Manhunter -- A CG figure won't work, but Dolph Lundren will. He's foreign (but his voice could be dubbed/modified anyway), he's huge, he's buff, and he has a weird facial bone structure. Mold his head like Worf and you're good to go. Peter Kock (Swede in Heartbreak Ridge) is also ok.

Hawkgirl -- Jeri Ryan, Seven of Nine in Star Trek. Looks good as a redhead. Also Rebecca Rojmin-Stamos (Mystique) or Angelina Jolie.

Flash -- Sean Wiliam Scott.

Black Canary -- Charlize Theron

I found this picture on internet:

Looks good, except for Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman is the wrong color.

Edited on 03/27/2007 6:53am

Ric_lv

[136]Mar 27, 2007
    Dolph Lundgren is perfect for Martian Manhunter! I forgot this actor... But you don't have to change his voice, because MM also has an accent, so does Dolph. Maybe pitch down the voice. And yeah, his face should do the trick.

But Wonder Woman has to be taller than 5'8" so Catherine Zeta Jones is not a good idea. Great face, though! Gabrielle Reece could be good, but she's a bit too tall (6'3") and she's not a real professional actress.

Edited on 03/27/2007 8:21am
    Edited 2 total times.

-Blackstar-

[137]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 8
    I don't know. The idea of an African American Wonder Woman sounds cool to me. I know that it would never happen in a million years, unless someone makes a movie about Amazon (the fusion of WW and Strom from the Amalgam universe).

Edited on 03/27/2007 9:01am
    Edited 2 total times.

sylent_asassin

[138]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 26
    Ali Landry is so physically perfect and would visually make a spectacular Wonder Woman. Don't know if she can act though. She can make a hell of a Doritos commercial.

Hope I don't get in trouble for this.

-Silverstar-

[139]Mar 27, 2007
    Shayera-Hol wrote:
    Here are my cast picks

Superman -- George Eads from CSI. He's not tall enough (only 6'-0"), but the same height as Christian Bale, buff and wholesome. BTW, he was the voice of Captain Atom on JLU

Batman -- My favorite would be Steven Seagal. He has the bat-voice and the martial arts and broods well. But he's now too old and out of shape, so I guess Christian Bale is OK......or Chris O’Donnell

Wonder Woman -- Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Green Lantern (John Stewart) -- My current favorite is Dennis Haysbert. He was also the voice of Kilowog on JLU. I also like Laurence Fishburn, (6'4") and Michael Dorn (also 6-4). I originally thought Denzel (6-0), but I think I like these guys better.

Martian Manhunter -- A CG figure won't work, but Dolph Lundren will. He's foreign (but his voice could be dubbed/modified anyway), he's huge, he's buff, and he has a weird facial bone structure. Mold his head like Worf and you're good to go. Peter Kock (Swede in Heartbreak Ridge) is also ok.

Hawkgirl -- Jeri Ryan, Seven of Nine in Star Trek. Looks good as a redhead. Also Rebecca Rojmin-Stamos (Mystique) or Angelina Jolie.

Flash -- Sean Wiliam Scott.

Black Canary -- Charlize Theron

Interesting picks. All of the mentioned choices for John Stewart could work; however, it seems that in all likelihood the GL in the movie will be Hal Jordan. An interview posted a few pages back stated that the JL movie will be based on the comics rather than the show.

Dolph Lundren (whatever happened to him, BTW?) could possibly work as Martian Manhunter, though I personally would probably go with the guy who played him on Smallville. I don't know why, but I like the idea of J'onn being African-American in his human form (possibly because of Carl Lumbly's voicing him).

Ric_lv

[140]Mar 27, 2007
    How about Julie Strain as Wonder Woman? She's got the looks and she's 6'1".
    Here's an example:
    http://www.ez-entertainment.net/carpet/JulieStrainCC2.JPG
    http://www.julie-strain.com/Julie_Strain_Gallery-Julie_Strain_as_Wonder_Woman.jpg

In those pictures she is not dressed by professionals, so in real movie she'd look better.
    Edited on 03/27/2007 12:16pm