Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Justice league movie officaly hitting the big screen.

gamerboy190

[141]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 18
    Ric_lv wrote:
    How about Julie Strain as Wonder Woman? She's got the looks and she's 6'1".
    Here's an example:
    http://www.ez-entertainment.net/carpet/JulieStrainCC2.JPG
    http://www.julie-strain.com/Julie_Strain_Gallery-Julie_Strain_as_Wonder_Woman.jpg

In those pictures she is not dressed by professionals, so in real movie she'd look better.

It depends. Her acting credibility will be put to the test and of her origins of the Amazonian Theory to make at least believe that she can seen like she came from it. It sounds weird, yes, but that kind of devotion and conviction in her voice and her origins is the only way that she'll be credible for the Wonder Woman part.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Hyou_Gattai

[142]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 9
    Shayera-Hol wrote:

Here are my cast picks

Superman -- George Eads from CSI. He's not tall enough (only 6'-0"), but the same height as Christian Bale, buff and wholesome. BTW, he was the voice of Captain Atom on JLU

Batman -- My favorite would be Steven Seagal. He has the bat-voice and the martial arts and broods well. But he's now too old and out of shape, so I guess Christian Bale is OK......or Chris O’Donnell

Wonder Woman -- Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Green Lantern (John Stewart) -- My current favorite is Dennis Haysbert. He was also the voice of Kilowog on JLU. I also like Laurence Fishburn, (6'4") and Michael Dorn (also 6-4). I originally thought Denzel (6-0), but I think I like these guys better.

Martian Manhunter -- A CG figure won't work, but Dolph Lundren will. He's foreign (but his voice could be dubbed/modified anyway), he's huge, he's buff, and he has a weird facial bone structure. Mold his head like Worf and you're good to go. Peter Kock (Swede in Heartbreak Ridge) is also ok.

Hawkgirl -- Jeri Ryan, Seven of Nine in Star Trek. Looks good as a redhead. Also Rebecca Rojmin-Stamos (Mystique) or Angelina Jolie.

Flash -- Sean Wiliam Scott.

Black Canary -- Charlize Theron

I found this picture on internet:

Looks good, except for Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman is the wrong color.

good choices, only thing that i will change is Michael Rosenbaum over, Sean Wiliam Scott.
    I loved Charlize Theron idea for Black Canary

21chewbakka21

[143]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 19
    I'm waiting every superhero/comics-based movie, alike this one, but i'm always afraid what rubbish they will make... The Fantastic Four, the Ghostrider = great dissapointments. Why think the hollywood writers, they can make a better story as the original?

-Blackstar-

[144]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 8
    Simple explanation: Hollywood ran out of good ideas years ago. All they know how to do is remake classics (poorly) and stick on the numbers 2, 3 and 4 to the ends of titles.

21chewbakka21

[145]Mar 30, 2007
    You are right Blackstar, but this does not explain one thing: if they stole a story anyway why cannot show at least a little respect for the original concept? The latest and lamest was Ghostrider, i really like the comics, and the movie was nothing to do with it. The only good comics-based movies were the X-men 1-3, Sin City, and the first two Batman's in my opinion.

Hyou_Gattai

[146]Mar 30, 2007
    Spider Man?

JLU51306

[147]Mar 31, 2007
    I liked the Fantastic Four movie, I didn't think it was bad, it had alot of good action scene's and liked that they went with Doctor Doom as the villian. And Spider-man 1-2 were good and I know the third one will be good, superman returns wasn't good but it wasn't bad it was okay, Batman Begins was great and the sequel of Batman which is called The Dark Knight and it will be even better, I wonder who is going to play the Joker? I still don't know if JL the movie will be good, I hope it is.
    Edited on 03/31/2007 5:47pm
    Edited 2 total times.

-Silverstar-

[148]Mar 31, 2007
    JLU51306 wrote:
    I liked the Fantastic Four movie, I didn't think it was bad, it had alot of good action scene's and liked that they went with Doctor Doom as the villian.
    F4 was OK, IMHO. I didn't agree with a lot of the changes they made to it, such as Doom traveling into space with the Four, his being Reed's rival and a big time businessman and him being smitten with Sue, who was working for him (which never happened in the comics), leaving out his studying of sorcery and being ruler of Latveria, and so on. Has anybody seen the second movie? They stopped talking about that one pretty quick, so I'm guessing it must've tanked.
    :
    And Spider-man 1-2 were good and I know the third one will be good,
    Spider-Man 1 was OK, 2 wasn't as good as 1, though it should noted that I'm not a huge Spidey fan. And how do you know the 3rd one will be good? Do you have inside information, or are you Karnak the Magnificent and have the ability to predict the future? If it's the latter, then I've got to know: will anyone ever find a suitable vehicle for Joe Piscopo?
    :
    superman returns wasn't good but it wasn't bad it was okay,
    Superman Returns was a little too long and light on action, IMO. Plus, I didn't think they needed the triangle between Supes, Lois and that other dude. I mean, come on, what mere mortal can compete with flippin' SUPERMAN?? The kid we didn't need either. Hopefully the sequel will make up for those mistakes.
    :
    Batman Begins was great
    I agree, and it needed to be, since all the Batman movies after the Keaton/Nicholson one stunk on ice.
    :
    and the sequel of Batman which is called The Dark Knight and it will be even better
    Again, how do you know this? I used to be optimistic like you before I became jaded and bitter, but nowadays I've learned not to make predictions like that, 'cause you risk looking like an idiot if it sucks. I thought Herbie Goes Bananas was going to the best Love Bug movie yet; boy was I wrong.
    :
    I wonder who is going to play the Joker?
    Rumor has it that it will be Heath Ledger.
    :
    I still don't know if JL the movie will be good, I hope it is.
    We all do. If, after all the hype surrounding it and the super-long wait for it to actually happen, the JL movie turns out to blow hard, then Hollywood's going to burn. And I've got the torch and cannister of kerosene.
    Edited on 03/31/2007 7:41pm
    Edited 2 total times.

JLU51306

[149]Apr 1, 2007

JLU51306 wrote:
    I liked the Fantastic Four movie, I didn't think it was bad, it had alot of good action scene's and liked that they went with Doctor Doom as the villian.

-Silverstar- wrote: 

Has anybody seen the second movie? They stopped talking about that one pretty quick, so I'm guessing it must've tanked.

I saw a commercial for it not that long ago and it's coming out in like month and 2 weeks I think, I don't think that pulled it, It will be more popular when it's close to theater release.

:
    And Spider-man 1-2 were good and I know the third one will be good,

-Silverstar- wrote:

Spider-Man 1 was OK, 2 wasn't as good as 1, though it should noted that I'm not a huge Spidey fan. And how do you know the 3rd one will be good? Do you have inside information, or are you Karnak the Magnificent and have the ability to predict the future?

Who's Karnak? I don't know if it will be good, I'm just predicting it will be since I think the other ones were good and my favorite villian is in it, and the commercial for it look like it would be good.

:
    and the sequel of Batman which is called The Dark Knight and it will be even better

-Silverstar- wrote:

Again, how do you know this? I used to be optimistic like you before I became jaded and bitter, but nowadays I've learned not to make predictions like that, 'cause you risk looking like an idiot if it sucks.

Optimism is good. And me thinking it will be good is just my opinion, and I think it will be good because it's the only batman sequel thats ever had the same guy and I think it would be cool to see the joker in a batman movie again, Just what I think though.

Edited on 03/31/2007 11:33pm

21chewbakka21

[150]Apr 1, 2007

I know, probably i'm the only one, but i doesn't liked the Spidermen movies. In my childhood I was a big Spidey fan, but nowadays i like the more serious comics. Yet i waited the first film very much, but it was disappointing to me. No particular reason, i can't explain, but i wanted something else...

Batman Begins wasn't bad, just one problem with it: the original was better. And Christian Bale overacted his role a bit.

But i forgot one really fantastic movie: the Hellboy film was awesome!

batmanbat

[151]Apr 1, 2007
    • level: 6
    Heath Ledger has been confirmed. Chris O'Donnel? As BATMAN? He sucked as Robin. Shoot me now.

batmanbat

[152]Apr 1, 2007
    Wait! Don't get any ideas! I don't wanna be shot!

PS just get the same cast from the solo movies (when they're cast).

Overrated17

[153]Apr 1, 2007
    • level: 2
    Batman Begins? Great? That failure of a film is nowhere near the classic that was the original Tim Burton Batman. Nolan needs to go back to crappy, pretentious films like Memento and leave Batman to Tim Burton. Burton was the only man who could make Batman interesting.
    Edited on 04/01/2007 9:16pm

JLU51306

[154]Apr 1, 2007
    Overrated17 wrote:
    Batman Begins? Great? That failure of a film is nowhere near the classic that was the original Tim Burton Batman. Nolan needs to go back to crappy, pretentious films like Memento and leave Batman to Tim Burton. Burton was the only man who could make Batman interesting.

I didn't think Batman Begins was bad at all, To me it was better than Tim Burtons Batman, Batman in the cartoon series was always sneaky about everything and Batman wasn't sneaky in Tim burtons batman but instead it looked like he he was having a hard time moving in the Batman suit, And Batman was sneaky in Batman Begins. IMO I think Batman Begins is the best batman so far.

-Silverstar-

[155]Apr 2, 2007

This is just my opinion, but Tim Burton's first Batman movie with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson was great (Jack was born to play the Joker, IMO), and Batman Begins was also satisfying. All the films in between those 2 sucked duck butter (especially Batman Forever, easily one of the wost pieces of cinematic turd ever captured on celluloid).

-And personally, I think the best portrayal of Batman that I've seen so far is Bruce Timm's, particularly in Batman: TAS and Justice League.

Edited on 04/02/2007 5:25am
    Edited 2 total times.

JLU51306

[156]Apr 2, 2007
    -Silverstar- wrote:

This is just my opinion, but Tim Burton's first Batman movie with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson was great (Jack was born to play the Joker, IMO), and Batman Begins was also satisfying. All the films in between those 2 sucked duck butter (especially Batman Forever, easily one of the wost pieces of cinematic turd ever captured on celluloid).

-And personally, I think the best portrayal of Batman that I've seen so far is Bruce Timm's, particularly in Batman: TAS and Justice League

I didn't hate Tim Burtons Batman and Jack nicholson was perfect for the Joker, I thought it was good too but I think Batman Begins was much better. and I agree the best thing I've seen batman in was Batman:TAS and JL/JLU.

Edited on 04/02/2007 4:35pm

batmanbat

[157]Apr 4, 2007
    Overrated17 wrote:

R u kidding? Batman Begins kicked BUTT!

JLU51306

[158]Apr 5, 2007
    I am really excited to see Spider-Man 3, That movie is going to be awesome, and after seeing what Venom looks like in the movie I know it will be the best so far, and one day I was watching "Game Head" on Spike and one of the hosts of the show pointed out that the way that the words Spider-Man 3 are on all the commercials and advertisments it is all written the same way as the words Playstation 3, and I don't know who used that stile of writing first, Does anybody know?
    Edited on 04/05/2007 10:09pm

theportal

[159]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 26
    JLU51306 wrote:
    I am really excited to see Spider-Man 3, That movie is going to be awesome, and after seeing what Venom looks like in the movie I know it will be the best so far, and one day I was watching "Game Head" on Spike and one of the hosts of the show pointed out that the way that the words Spider-Man 3 are on all the commercials and advertisments it is all written the same way as the words Playstation 3, and I don't know who used that stile of writing first, Does anybody know?

You've seen a pic of Venom?! Show it, please!

JLU51306

[160]Apr 6, 2007

Okay, here's the link for the picture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Venomwebbing.png

Venom looks really awesome! and theres a couple more pictures that I will put on a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sm3_wp2_1280x1024.jpg and the last one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Venom-nbc.png .