Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Justice league movie officaly hitting the big screen.

LadyMalfoy

[161]May 6, 2007
    • level: 3

I haven't read through all the pages of posts here, but is there really still a JL movie slated to be made?

I personally liked Batman Begins, and I think it is one of the best, like the original one made by Tim Burton.  I'm just a little concerned to see how they reinterpret the role of The Joker with heath.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JLU51306

[162]May 6, 2007
    • level: 18
    LadyMalfoy wrote:

I haven't read through all the pages of posts here, but is there really still a JL movie slated to be made?

I personally liked Batman Begins, and I think it is one of the best, like the original one made by Tim Burton. I'm just a little concerned to see how they reinterpret the role of The Joker with heath.

Yes, there is going to be a Justice League movie, it is going to happen, I hope they make it as good as the animated series.

-Blackstar-

[163]May 7, 2007
    • level: 8
    LadyMalfoy wrote:

Yes, there is, but the final lineup isn't fixed yet. There's not even a script written as of right now. The movie probably won't be released until 2009 or 2010.

-Silverstar-

[164]May 7, 2007
    • level: 9
    Also, just FTR, the movie will be based on the JLA comics, not the cartoon show. So anyone expecting the movie to just be a recreation of the JL cartoon in live-action form, you might be disappointed.

gamerboy190

[165]May 29, 2007
    Can't wait until it actually comes out.

Todd_Gray

[166]May 30, 2007
    • level: 5

Lena_Wayne15 wrote:
    Wow...the old Batman training the younger Superman and WW is Wrong-Sick. That would be awful. As for which characters to use, this is my list: Superman Batman Wonder Woman Flash (Wally: Just because we need a rookie) Green Lantern (Hal) Green Arrow Black Canary Martian Manhunter and for good measure: Aquaman or Hawkman

Using the core, seven members of the animated JL series (Supes, Bats, Manhunter, Flash, GL, Wonder Woman, and Hawkgirl), plus Green Arrow, (and more female hero to balance out the sexes preferably Black Canary). Too many heroes would be overkill, but nine core heroes is definitely doable because we've eseen it done well with the X-Men movies' many different heroes. Add in a couple of quick appearances by a couple of other heroes like Aquaman and Supergirl (possible spin-off movie potential), and you'd have a certified hit on your hands if it's written well.

Now, the storyline...

If this project does eventually see fruition, the one main thing I would not like is the typical "Earth's super heroes save the planet from invading aliens" or stopping Lex Luthor themes. Perhaps a sorcery-based villain like the powerful Mordru with a gang of baddies under his control, perhaps consisting of one of the better-known arch-villains of each JL hero involved (Man-Bat from Batman, Parasite from Superman, Sinestro from Green Lantern, Shadow Thief from Hawkgirl, etc.).

And hopefully, the producers should invest the time into a film like this if they're going to do it in the first place. Don't offer the fans some paultry, fast-paced, 1:45 minute long movie that doesn't really give the fans the real JL adventure they want, give them a 2 1/2 hour film with some real characters with "meat" to them.

Better yet, do a two or three-part movie storyline (like the Matrix, Lord Of The Ring, X-Men series were done), in 2 hour movies. Trilogies seems to be the way everyone is doing movies nowadys anyway, so how about a continuing story/battle between our heroes and the evil forces of Mordru pver that span?

Edited on 05/30/2007 6:20pm

JLU51306

[167]May 30, 2007
    Todd_Gray wrote:

Lena_Wayne15 wrote:
    Wow...the old Batman training the younger Superman and WW is Wrong-Sick. That would be awful. As for which characters to use, this is my list: Superman Batman Wonder Woman Flash (Wally: Just because we need a rookie) Green Lantern (Hal) Green Arrow Black Canary Martian Manhunter and for good measure: Aquaman or Hawkman

Using the core, seven members of the animated JL series (Supes, Bats, Manhunter, Flash, GL, Wonder Woman, and Hawkgirl), plus Green Arrow, (and more female hero to balance out the sexes preferably Black Canary). Too many heroes would be overkill, but nine core heroes is definitely doable because we've eseen it done well with the X-Men movies' many different heroes. Add in a couple of quick appearances by a couple of other heroes like Aquaman and Supergirl (possible spin-off movie potential), and you'd have a certified hit on your hands if it's written well.

Now, the storyline...

If this project does eventually see fruition, the one main thing I would not like is the typical "Earth's super heroes save the planet from invading aliens" or stopping Lex Luthor themes. Perhaps a sorcery-based villain like the powerful Mordru with a gang of baddies under his control, perhaps consisting of one of the better-known arch-villains of each JL hero involved (Man-Bat from Batman, Parasite from Superman, Sinestro from Green Lantern, Shadow Thief from Hawkgirl, etc.).

And hopefully, the producers should invest the time into a film like this if they're going to do it in the first place. Don't offer the fans some paultry, fast-paced, 1:45 minute long movie that doesn't really give the fans the real JL adventure they want, give them a 2 1/2 hour film with some real characters with "meat" to them.

Better yet, do a two or three-part movie storyline (like the Matrix, Lord Of The Ring, X-Men series were done), in 2 hour movies. Trilogies seems to be the way everyone is doing movies nowadys anyway, so how about a continuing story/battle between our heroes and the evil forces of Mordru pver that span?

Well, I said they should be 8 heroes but as some people ponited out that all of these heroes wouldn't each get enough screen time, of course Superman and Batman are gonna get more screen time then any other hero, but as you noticed in X-men 3 they had a selection of 10 heroes and the heroes like Beast, Angel, Kitty, and Ice Man didn't get that much screen time at all, so most likey the highest number of heroes in JL movie should be 6 or 7 heroes with other heroes doing cameo appearences.

I like your idea of using Mordru and smaller villains like Parasite and Man-Bat as the villians, the alien invasions and Lex Luthers scemes are getting a bit old IMO, But I think your idea could work well.

amari24

[168]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 4
    cristopher reeve would be a good superman and i like bale as the batman

sporkman5353

[169]Jul 25, 2007

amari24 wrote:

And how is reeves possible???????????????

Lena_Wayne15

[170]Jul 25, 2007
    • level: 16
    amari24 wrote:

Christopher Reeve was a good Superman, but he's dead, so that's not going to happen.

heffa105

[171]Jul 29, 2007
    • level: 10
    If they are going to get christian bale and that bloke who was superman in superman returns, as well as anyother known actors to play them, it going to cost an absolute fortune!! and would u think that the movie would encourage spin offs or not really...

mobbs456

[172]Aug 3, 2007

Yah a Justice League Movie - though who will be in it and what it will be about is beyond me (I'm not a comic book fan...) my dream-wishlist is:

Superman: Brandon Routh (he was a great Superman and spookily looks like Reeve)

Batman: Christian Bale (he made a great Batman though he is still no Kevin Conroy)

Wonder Woman: Chasmina Carpenter (wasn't there supposed to be a WW movie?)

Green Lantern: from the heated debates I've been reading i hear Hal Jordon will be the selected man (Didn't he appear in 'The Once and Future Thing part two'?) what about Jake-what's his name from Brokeback Mountain?

J'ohn Martian Manhunter: Obvious choice - Carl Lumby the man who did the voice of him? i dont know Hollywood well enough to suggest anyone else to portray an Alien.

Black Canary's name has been thrown about so what about Sarah Michelle Gellar (although rumour has it she will be playing Harley Quinn in the new batman film).

Lena_Wayne15

[173]Aug 3, 2007
    They're saying that the movie is going to have Superman, Wonder Woman, GL, Flash, and Batman. So they're going with the Big 5 of DC Comics. My casting:

Superman: Brandon Routh
    Batman: Christian Bale
    Wonder Woman: Lena Heady
    GL (Hal): Nathan Fillion
    Flash: Undecided, I can't figure out who'd make a good Barry Allen.

[174]Aug 4, 2007

Routh, & Bail are the only choice for Superman, & Batman. I say that because most non-die-hard, and/or new fans who have seen those movies, now have a mental picture of Supes, & Bats. Now, as someone here said, all that remains for this are 1. Routh, & Bail willingly want to do said parts{which, by the by, I believe both do!}, & 2. Loopholes in their respective contracts allowing these roles in these movies to be played.

In addition, I'm all for the idea of Hal Jordan as GL, & for the movie to be a part of {at least} a trilogy. I also support the idea of a small castof only 4-6. Too many stars, & character stories to follow, the movie would be hard to hold together, & maintain itself.

I also had another idea. If they{WB/DC} wanted to do more than, or {just}4-6 heros, they could do a trilogy, so that in each movie, they could focus on only 2-3 heros, & each movie focus on a different 1 or 2 heros, thus in a trilogy, they{WB/DC}, could safetly do characters' stories, & appearances, w/out ruining anything.

I hope this movie isn't just a bad attempt to cash in on the fame of JLA, but instead a reallyexcellent movie based on the really awesome comics. I'm looking forward to this!

Lastly, I know everyone has their own opinions, & I respect that. I myself, never, don't now, & never will like any of the magicial powered heros, or villains, or the respective stories that went with those charactersabout magic. Anyway, no offense/flamming to anyone who does like these things, but I don't think that the movie would be about any of that, because I don't remember those characters, & plots ever being too popular. As I said, no offense/flamming to those of you who like that stuff. Everyone has a different opinion, & I respect that.

Edited on 08/04/2007 9:44pm

HiratsuPheonix

[175]Aug 5, 2007
    • level: 1
    My ideal JLA movie lineup would have Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, GL (Guy), Captain Atom, Fire, Ice, and MM.

Lena_Wayne15

[176]Aug 6, 2007
    HiratsuPheonix wrote:
    My ideal JLA movie lineup would have Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, GL (Guy), Captain Atom, Fire, Ice, and MM.

Yeah...but then some way fate would make it so they all DIE! I CAN'T TAKE TED DYING AGAIN!

sylent_asassin

[177]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 26
    This is how I would cast the JL Movie:

Superman - Brandon Routh

Batman - Christian Bale

Wonder Woman - Ali Landry

Green Lantern - Dennis Quaid

Flash - Sean William Scott

Martian Manhunter - Carl Lumbly or Michael Jai White

OR

Black Canary - Jessica Biel

Lena_Wayne15

[178]Aug 6, 2007
    See, Quaid would have made a PERFECT Hal Jordan, but I think he's too old now. Same for Harrison Ford.

HiratsuPheonix

[179]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 1

Lena_Wayne15 wrote:
    HiratsuPheonix wrote:
    Yeah...but then some way fate would make it so they all DIE! I CAN'T TAKE TED DYING AGAIN!

Ted didn't die! That was a robot version of him! The real Ted's taking a vacation on KooeyKooeyKooey, with Max, Bart, and Kon.

[180]Aug 6, 2007
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    This is how I would cast the JL Movie:

Superman - Brandon Routh

Batman - Christian Bale

Wonder Woman - Ali Landry

Green Lantern - Dennis Quaid

Flash - Sean William Scott

Martian Manhunter - Carl Lumbly or Michael Jai White

OR

Black Canary - Jessica Biel

Cool cast, dude! They all look like they could play those roles nicely! One thing though, I'd do a very slight makeup job on Flash, & Black Canary to make them look far better than really good; which btb, your choice lineup of stars is awesome!