Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Justice League: The New Frontier

theportal

[1]Dec 18, 2007
    • level: 26

I'm getting volumes 1 and 2, and I was wondering: are there more, or is that the complete story outside of the upcoming special? I hope there's nothing necessary to the story that I'll be missing out on...

And for the sake of making this thread a little more relevant to the upcoming DTV:

http://www.warnervideo.com/jlnewfrontier/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HomerPyle

[2]Dec 18, 2007
    • level: 7
    That's all there is to my knowledge; I read it through the Absolute Edition as opposed to the volumes.

You'll love it though; one of the best graphic novels I've read.

gamerboy190

[3]Dec 18, 2007
    • level: 18
    theportal wrote:

I'm getting volumes 1 and 2, and I was wondering: are there more, or is that the complete story outside of the upcoming special? I hope there's nothing necessary to the story that I'll be missing out on...

And for the sake of making this thread a little more relevant to the upcoming DTV:

http://www.warnervideo.com/jlnewfrontier/

Cool....

Lena_Wayne15

[4]Dec 18, 2007
    • level: 16
    That's it. New Frontier is amazing. The characterization of the characters, is amazing. Spot on for Hal Jordan. The art is gorgeous. And the little stories, sure they may seem small, but they are wonderful. The tale of the Losers makes me cry each and every time I read it. It's so well done.

gamerboy190

[5]Dec 18, 2007
    Lena_Wayne15 wrote:
    That's it. New Frontier is amazing. The characterization of the characters, is amazing. Spot on for Hal Jordan. The art is gorgeous. And the little stories, sure they may seem small, but they are wonderful. The tale of the Losers makes me cry each and every time I read it. It's so well done.

I've personally haven't seen it. How is it?

sylent_asassin

[6]Dec 19, 2007
    I was thinking of picking this up as a gift for a good friend who's into the old school comic book story-telling style. I just might do it now.

Lena_Wayne15

[7]Jan 26, 2008
    Just to let everyone know, the DTV is good. They left out some stories, but still good.

theportal

[8]Jan 27, 2008
    Lena_Wayne15 wrote:
    Just to let everyone know, the DTV is good. They left out some stories, but still good.

How have you seen it?! Wonder-con?

Anyway, I got volumes 1 and 2 for Christmas. Very good story.

Lena_Wayne15

[9]Jan 27, 2008
    Someone leaked it on the internet. Very good. They left out a lot, and some scenes were mentioned in newbroadcasts instead of shown (The Losers), but overall it was good. Barry and Iris were adorable. And Borneaz was a great Jordan.

Drilllbit666

[10]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 3
    i really didntt like it. it jusy skirted over every character it featured. the 75 minute time frame just didnt work out

theportal

[11]Feb 4, 2008
    Drilllbit666 wrote:
    i really didntt like it. it jusy skirted over every character it featured. the 75 minute time frame just didnt work out

How did you see it??

suss2it

[12]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 14

theportal wrote:
    Drilllbit666 wrote:
    How did you see it??

Lena_Wayne15 wrote:
    Someone leaked it on the internet. Very good. They left out a lot, and some scenes were mentioned in newbroadcasts instead of shown (The Losers), but overall it was good. Barry and Iris were adorable. And Borneaz was a great Jordan.

I don't like the short amount of times for this movie or Superman: Doomsday, they should have made both 2 hours in length, or better yet just make a mini series, kinda like Afro Samurai.

Edited on 02/12/2008 5:17pm
    Edited 2 total times.

jcyz91

[13]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 3
    where did you find the movie online?

gamerboy190

[14]Feb 18, 2008
    suss2it wrote:

theportal wrote:
    Drilllbit666 wrote:
    How did you see it??

Lena_Wayne15 wrote:

I don't like the short amount of times for this movie or Superman: Doomsday, they should have made both 2 hours in length, or better yet just make a mini series, kinda like Afro Samurai.

But it possibly would've added unimportant information or unnecessary fighting scenes...

jmizzle505

[15]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 23
    Would it be better to get the "Absolute" edition of this trade? I guess my real question is this: is the "Absolute" edition worth the money over getting volumes 1 & 2 instead?

sylent_asassin

[16]Feb 26, 2008
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    suss2it wrote:

theportal wrote:
    Drilllbit666 wrote:
    How did you see it??

Lena_Wayne15 wrote:

But it possibly would've added unimportant information or unnecessary fighting scenes...

I actually saw the pre-screening at the WonderCon in San Francisco on Saturday. It was pretty good, but there were a few things that were left unexplained. I wish I had access to the TPB before hand.

jmizzle505

[17]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 23
    Well, I just watched the show, and I thought it was decent. Some dialog seemed rushed, though, as they compressed lines from the comic into animation for the timing purposes (I'm assuming). I highly enjoyed Neil Patrick Harris as Barry Allen, because he felt more natural for the voice of a Flash character, unlike the guy who did Batman's voice, imo. Having Lucy "Xena: Warrior Princess" Lawless do Wonder Woman's voice seemed fitting as well.

I noticed that some of the crew on this movie also worked on the "Justice League" series as well. Besides Bruce Timm, Andrea Romano, Stan Berkowitz, and many others in the end credits. Even the animation was outsourced to South Korea (like in Justice League), although this time it was a different company. Knowing this, I am saddened that we'll (probably) never see that cancelled dtv, "Worlds Collide," that was supposed to bridge the Justice League series with the relaunched Unlimited series.

It's good to know that the Justice League lives in other DC shows like "Smallville" and "The Batman," though.

insomniac360

[18]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 21
    I watched the movie and liked it. David Boreanaz did a good job, though I can't help but think that David would've been a great Batman. The Martian Manhunter was different than the JLU one. He seemed more social and smiled more, which wasn't much of a plus. I thought the retro designs were good.

Maverick-DBZ-

[19]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 7

I liked the movie too and thought it was well made and animated. I especially liked the end with Green Lantern, WOW!

The one thing I hated the most though was Batman's new voice, I nearly bit my own tongue off hearing it for the first time! It was horrible, and every time he spoke I just cringed! I have nothing against Jeremy Sisto, but I just felt they could have casted someone better for the role of Batman.

I agree with the above poster, Lucy Lawless was the perfect voice for Wonder Woman. AWESOME!

Edited on 02/29/2008 12:17am

JLU51306

[20]Mar 1, 2008
    I just got done watching it and I quite enjoyed it. I liked how thay spread out the time frame for each character so the movie not just about Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.

My score 9.0