Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Justice League: The New Frontier

r10tp00f

[21]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 7

I never read the graphic novel, I think I would have enjoyed it more. I really, strongly disliked this movie. I thought the voice for Batman was horrible, as well as the voice for J'onn. The two voices might have better if they were reversed. The other voices were all good though. I simply didn't like though, I thought it was boring, it dragged on... or as a paradox to that it felt rushed, as if they were just trying to cram in all these stories at once, and trying so hard to make each one of them meaningful. I don't know. I immensely hated Superman Doomsday as well. It was nothing like the old comic story. Maybe the problem with both was that fact they were limited to 70 or 75 mins. Maybe if they had been longer... that's just not enough time to tell these stories properly.

On a side note, I know Bruce Timm did the DCAU and related shows for 14 years... but the continuity he established was incredible. I understand that he was bored and wanted to try his hand at some different projects, but I'd say he's ultimately failing. It's time to get back to the DCAU. Make DTVs from that continuity. I want new JLU. Also i didn't by the New Frontier, because after Doomsday I didn't know if i'd like it (and thank god i didn't waste the $$$) However if it was part of the DCAU then simply for the sake of being an obcessive collector I would have purchased it as well as Doomsday and Brainiac Attacks... why, becuz i'm sucker, and I have the box sets & movies of all the DCAU. Seriously though they're loosing money and I'm sure i'm not the only sucker who would have did this.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

heeroyuy2006

[22]Mar 8, 2008
    • level: 8
    I thought New Frontier was awesome. I loved the voices. It took getting used to Jeremy Sisto doing Batman's voice, but he wasn't that bad. The rest of the voice actors were perfect, especially David Boreanaz, Lucy Lawless, Kyle Maclachlan, and Neil Patrick Harris. The story and animation were amazing. I've only read the 8 page preview of New Frontier, but from that I can tell the dvd is very faithful. Now, I know the dvd leaves portions of the comic out because of time constraints, but NF is far more faithful than Superman: Doomsday.

jmizzle505

[23]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 23
    lol. Reading people complain about Batman's voice acting in this show is funny. If you want to hear one of the worst Batman voices (which makes this voice acting seem great), check out the "Justice League Heroes" video game. I honestly thought that they got a black man to do his voice.

If you just want to hear one of the worst animated voiceovers in history, check out the "X-Men: Pryde of the X-Men" voiceover for Wolverine, which was done with a heavy Australian accent.

ootsdemons

[24]Mar 16, 2008
    Drilllbit666 wrote:
    i really didntt like it. it jusy skirted over every character it featured. the 75 minute time frame just didnt work out

agreed ,it was a total waste of time

gamerboy190

[25]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 18
    theportal wrote:
    Lena_Wayne15 wrote:
    Just to let everyone know, the DTV is good. They left out some stories, but still good.

How have you seen it?! Wonder-con?

Anyway, I got volumes 1 and 2 for Christmas. Very good story.

I'm about to go to Wondercon and see it.

sylent_asassin

[26]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 26
    jmizzle505 wrote:
    lol. Reading people complain about Batman's voice acting in this show is funny. If you want to hear one of the worst Batman voices (which makes this voice acting seem great), check out the "Justice League Heroes" video game. I honestly thought that they got a black man to do his voice.

If you just want to hear one of the worst animated voiceovers in history, check out the "X-Men: Pryde of the X-Men" voiceover for Wolverine, which was done with a heavy Australian accent.

I believe Ron Pearlman, the guy that voiced Orion in JLU is the one who did the samples for Bats in the game. It wasn't too bad... It certainly could have been much worse.

Regarding Logan, he's supposed to have a French Canadian accent. You might have mistaken that for an Aussie accent. In the early cartoon series, that was the voice he was given. In recent X-men series (and movies), the person that voiced his character had rough, gravely American accents which is what we've grown accustomed to.

sylent_asassin

[27]Mar 17, 2008
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    Lena_Wayne15 wrote:
    Just to let everyone know, the DTV is good. They left out some stories, but still good.

How have you seen it?! Wonder-con?

Anyway, I got volumes 1 and 2 for Christmas. Very good story.

I'm about to go to Wondercon and see it.

Really? You'll have to wait until next year. WonderCon is once a year in San Francisco, Ca.. You should be able to pick up the books at your local comic store. I've been looking for Volume 1, but can only find 2.

jmizzle505

[28]Mar 18, 2008
    I guess I'm spoiled from Kevin Conroy's voiceover of Batmn in JLU. Ron Perlan's voice is recognizable to me, but I didn't realize it was him until reading the previous post. I recognize his work mostly as Slade on "Teen Titans."

Same with Logan. After hearing his portrayal in the 1990's cartoon, and then going back and watching "Pryde of the X-Men," I can see why they got someone with that accent to do the voice.

maya14belle

[29]Mar 21, 2008
    Maverick-DBZ- wrote:

I liked the movie too and thought it was well made and animated. I especially liked the end with Green Lantern, WOW!

The one thing I hated the most though was Batman's new voice, I nearly bit my own tongue off hearing it for the first time! It was horrible, and every time he spoke I just cringed! I have nothing against Jeremy Sisto, but I just felt they could have casted someone better for the role of Batman.

I agree with the above poster, Lucy Lawless was the perfect voice for Wonder Woman. AWESOME!

I know this is a little off-topic, but I have a question I have been wanting to know for a while ever since I first saw the tv show. What exactly is Wonder Woman's personality? I do not really understand her very well like I understand the others.

jmizzle505

[30]Mar 21, 2008
    Well, Wonder Woman's an Amazon from the island of Themyscira. Her mother, Hippolyta, formed her from clay, and she was raised on the island with no men around. She's sent to the rest of the world to be the "ambassador" of the island. That's all I can recall on her history off the top of my head. She doesn't understand man's world as much, because she grew up on an island of Amazons.

maya14belle

[31]Mar 21, 2008
    jmizzle505 wrote:
    Well, Wonder Woman's an Amazon from the island of Themyscira. Her mother, Hippolyta, formed her from clay, and she was raised on the island with no men around. She's sent to the rest of the world to be the "ambassador" of the island. That's all I can recall on her history off the top of my head. She doesn't understand man's world as much, because she grew up on an island of Amazons.

Thank you for that information on her history. But what is her personality though, you know, her good characteristics and bad characteristics?

maya14belle

[32]Mar 27, 2008
    maya14belle wrote:
    jmizzle505 wrote:

Thank you for that information on her history. But what is her personality though, you know, her good characteristics and bad characteristics?

Someone PLEASE answer my question. I really want to know the answer.

GavinGibbons

[33]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 29
    I love the retro feel to the movie and some of the darker moments that batman and hal supply (by darker i mean unexpected violence)

maya14belle

[34]Mar 29, 2008
    maya14belle wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    jmizzle505 wrote:

Someone PLEASE answer my question. I really want to know the answer.

Not trying to be a spolied brat or anything, but I REALLY, REALLY WANT THE ANSWER!!!!!

jmizzle505

[35]Mar 31, 2008
    I really liked this show for it's retro feel to it.

Here's a url to the DC Database Wikia of (the current) Wonder Woman (please copy & paste to your browser):

http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Wonder_Woman_%28Diana%29

I don't know how to explain her personality. In comics, (just about) every writer kind of re-interprets a character to fit their storylines, so finding a clear, definite answer to the "characteristics" of Wonder Woman can be tough to answer in those respects.

I know they've done a storyline, "Who is Diana Prince," in the latest Wonder Woman comics run. I'm unsure if it will help answer your question though.

You might want to try posting this question in a DC comics forum rather than this movie/ show discussion thread. I personally use "Z-Cult" (zcultfm.com/~comic/), which is a "comics community" forum.

maya14belle

[36]Mar 31, 2008
    jmizzle505 wrote:
    I really liked this show for it's retro feel to it.

Here's a url to the DC Database Wikia of (the current) Wonder Woman (please copy & paste to your browser):

http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Wonder_Woman_%28Diana%29

I don't know how to explain her personality. In comics, (just about) every writer kind of re-interprets a character to fit their storylines, so finding a clear, definite answer to the "characteristics" of Wonder Woman can be tough to answer in those respects.

I know they've done a storyline, "Who is Diana Prince," in the latest Wonder Woman comics run. I'm unsure if it will help answer your question though.

You might want to try posting this question in a DC comics forum rather than this movie/ show discussion thread. I personally use "Z-Cult" (zcultfm.com/~comic/), which is a "comics community" forum.

Thank you for that idea.

filmstu2005

[37]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 7

maya14belle wrote:
    jmizzle505 wrote:
    I really liked this show for it's retro feel to it. Here's a url to the DC Database Wikia of (the current) Wonder Woman (please copy & paste to your browser): http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Wonder_Woman_%28Diana%29 I don't know how to explain her personality. In comics, (just about) every writer kind of re-interprets a character to fit their storylines, so finding a clear, definite answer to the "characteristics" of Wonder Woman can be tough to answer in those respects. I know they've done a storyline, "Who is Diana Prince," in the latest Wonder Woman comics run. I'm unsure if it will help answer your question though. You might want to try posting this question in a DC comics forum rather than this movie/ show discussion thread. I personally use "Z-Cult" (zcultfm.com/~comic/), which is a "comics community" forum.
    Thank you for that idea.

Watch Justice League and Justice League Unlimited the animated series. I think the creators of the show really interpreted the personality of Wonder Woman (Diana) as close as it could get. She's kind, caring, passionate, a bit naive as she came from a world of Amazons and is still learning about the flaws of man's world. But she is as equally strong as she is kind. Brave, daring, with feministic values. She is undeinably beautiful yet is terribly unaware of it. She unknowingly excludes it from her self descripition because it doesn't define her character. But if you infuriate her, you should run for the hills. Only she'd still catch you.

Batman said she "is perfect, and the fact that she doesn't know it makes her even more perfect."

maya14belle

[38]Apr 8, 2008
    filmstu2005 wrote:

maya14belle wrote:
    jmizzle505 wrote:
    I really liked this show for it's retro feel to it. Here's a url to the DC Database Wikia of (the current) Wonder Woman (please copy & paste to your browser): http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Wonder_Woman_%28Diana%29 I don't know how to explain her personality. In comics, (just about) every writer kind of re-interprets a character to fit their storylines, so finding a clear, definite answer to the "characteristics" of Wonder Woman can be tough to answer in those respects. I know they've done a storyline, "Who is Diana Prince," in the latest Wonder Woman comics run. I'm unsure if it will help answer your question though. You might want to try posting this question in a DC comics forum rather than this movie/ show discussion thread. I personally use "Z-Cult" (zcultfm.com/~comic/), which is a "comics community" forum.
    Thank you for that idea.

Watch Justice League and Justice League Unlimited the animated series. I think the creators of the show really interpreted the personality of Wonder Woman (Diana) as close as it could get. She's kind, caring, passionate, a bit naive as she came from a world of Amazons and is still learning about the flaws of man's world. But she is as equally strong as she is kind. Brave, daring, with feministic values. She is undeinably beautiful yet is terribly unaware of it. She unknowingly excludes it from her self descripition because it doesn't define her character. But if you infuriate her, you should run for the hills. Only she'd still catch you.

Batman said she "is perfect, and the fact that she doesn't know it makes her even more perfect."

But that is the thing. She seems to show this side of her toward some characters, mostly J'onn. But when Hawkgirl betrayed the league in Starcrossed, it was as if Diana showed a cold-hearted and bitter side toward her. She said to Shayera when seeing her in a cell in Pt. 3 "I should leave you to burn." She released her, but I feel that if Diana would have left Shayera to die. I think she didn't do it because it would not be a way of a Justice League member. Diana I bet did it because her duty told her to help Shayera, not her heart. She even tried to convince the other league members that Shayera should be dismissed from the league. Also when Shayera returned to the league in the Unlimited, Diana continued to distrust her. It was aa if she had a tendency to hold grudges. I hate Diana for that, even though it makes her interesting. That was why I found Diana confusing.

maya14belle

[39]Apr 8, 2008
    maya14belle wrote:
    filmstu2005 wrote:

maya14belle wrote:
    jmizzle505 wrote:
    Thank you for that idea.

But that is the thing. She seems to show this side of her toward some characters, mostly J'onn. But when Hawkgirl betrayed the league in Starcrossed, it was as if Diana showed a cold-hearted and bitter side toward her. She said to Shayera when seeing her in a cell in Pt. 3 "I should leave you to burn." She released her, but I feel that if Diana would have left Shayera to die. I think she didn't do it because it would not be a way of a Justice League member. Diana I bet did it because her duty told her to help Shayera, not her heart. She even tried to convince the other league members that Shayera should be dismissed from the league. Also when Shayera returned to the league in the Unlimited, Diana continued to distrust her. It was aa if she had a tendency to hold grudges. I hate Diana for that, even though it makes her interesting. That was why I found Diana confusing.

If she really was kind, she would not have these bad qualities I typed here. She is obviously not the most kind-hearted person in the world or the universe.

theportal

[40]Apr 8, 2008
    filmstu2005 wrote:

maya14belle wrote:
    jmizzle505 wrote:
    Thank you for that idea.

When did Batman say that?