Justice League: The New Frontier

maya14belle

[41]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 8
    maya14belle wrote:
    filmstu2005 wrote:

maya14belle wrote:
    jmizzle505 wrote:
    I really liked this show for it's retro feel to it. Here's a url to the DC Database Wikia of (the current) Wonder Woman (please copy & paste to your browser): http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Wonder_Woman_%28Diana%29 I don't know how to explain her personality. In comics, (just about) every writer kind of re-interprets a character to fit their storylines, so finding a clear, definite answer to the "characteristics" of Wonder Woman can be tough to answer in those respects. I know they've done a storyline, "Who is Diana Prince," in the latest Wonder Woman comics run. I'm unsure if it will help answer your question though. You might want to try posting this question in a DC comics forum rather than this movie/ show discussion thread. I personally use "Z-Cult" (zcultfm.com/~comic/), which is a "comics community" forum.
    Thank you for that idea.

Watch Justice League and Justice League Unlimited the animated series. I think the creators of the show really interpreted the personality of Wonder Woman (Diana) as close as it could get. She's kind, caring, passionate, a bit naive as she came from a world of Amazons and is still learning about the flaws of man's world. But she is as equally strong as she is kind. Brave, daring, with feministic values. She is undeinably beautiful yet is terribly unaware of it. She unknowingly excludes it from her self descripition because it doesn't define her character. But if you infuriate her, you should run for the hills. Only she'd still catch you.

Batman said she "is perfect, and the fact that she doesn't know it makes her even more perfect."

But that is the thing. She seems to show this side of her toward some characters, mostly J'onn. But when Hawkgirl betrayed the league in Starcrossed, it was as if Diana showed a cold-hearted and bitter side toward her. She said to Shayera when seeing her in a cell in Pt. 3 "I should leave you to burn." She released her, but I feel that if Diana would have left Shayera to die. I think she didn't do it because it would not be a way of a Justice League member. Diana I bet did it because her duty told her to help Shayera, not her heart. She even tried to convince the other league members that Shayera should be dismissed from the league. Also when Shayera returned to the league in the Unlimited, Diana continued to distrust her. It was aa if she had a tendency to hold grudges. I hate Diana for that, even though it makes her interesting. That was why I found Diana confusing.

I also found Diana despicable for her distrust, coldness, and hatred toward Shayera, even though you cannot blame her since Shayera did betray the league.

Also, J'onn is a martian who does not trust humanity. Yet, Diana is kind and caring toward him despite that. I read that J'onn betrayed the league in A Knight of Shadows, but I think it could be inaccurate. He even one time felt humans were selfish after reading their minds in Tabula Rasa and almost felt that he should not help them. I felt that J'onn is a martian who you can be unsure of easily. I do like J'onn, I am just saying that Diana is confusing because she trusts someone who despises humanity, yet distrusts Shayera after the events of Starcrossed. Shayera may have been mysterious and brutal, but she never tried to abandon her cause or shown any sign of disliking humans all together. It is almost as if Diana's personality is varied.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

filmstu2005

[42]Apr 9, 2008
    • level: 7
    maya14belle wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    filmstu2005 wrote:

maya14belle wrote:
    jmizzle505 wrote:
    I really liked this show for it's retro feel to it. Here's a url to the DC Database Wikia of (the current) Wonder Woman (please copy & paste to your browser): http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Wonder_Woman_%28Diana%29 I don't know how to explain her personality. In comics, (just about) every writer kind of re-interprets a character to fit their storylines, so finding a clear, definite answer to the "characteristics" of Wonder Woman can be tough to answer in those respects. I know they've done a storyline, "Who is Diana Prince," in the latest Wonder Woman comics run. I'm unsure if it will help answer your question though. You might want to try posting this question in a DC comics forum rather than this movie/ show discussion thread. I personally use "Z-Cult" (zcultfm.com/~comic/), which is a "comics community" forum.
    Thank you for that idea.

Watch Justice League and Justice League Unlimited the animated series. I think the creators of the show really interpreted the personality of Wonder Woman (Diana) as close as it could get. She's kind, caring, passionate, a bit naive as she came from a world of Amazons and is still learning about the flaws of man's world. But she is as equally strong as she is kind. Brave, daring, with feministic values. She is undeinably beautiful yet is terribly unaware of it. She unknowingly excludes it from her self descripition because it doesn't define her character. But if you infuriate her, you should run for the hills. Only she'd still catch you.

Batman said she "is perfect, and the fact that she doesn't know it makes her even more perfect."

But that is the thing. She seems to show this side of her toward some characters, mostly J'onn. But when Hawkgirl betrayed the league in Starcrossed, it was as if Diana showed a cold-hearted and bitter side toward her. She said to Shayera when seeing her in a cell in Pt. 3 "I should leave you to burn." She released her, but I feel that if Diana would have left Shayera to die. I think she didn't do it because it would not be a way of a Justice League member. Diana I bet did it because her duty told her to help Shayera, not her heart. She even tried to convince the other league members that Shayera should be dismissed from the league. Also when Shayera returned to the league in the Unlimited, Diana continued to distrust her. It was aa if she had a tendency to hold grudges. I hate Diana for that, even though it makes her interesting. That was why I found Diana confusing.
    I also found Diana despicable for her distrust, coldness, and hatred toward Shayera, even though you cannot blame her since Shayera did betray the league. Also, J'onn is a martian who does not trust humanity. Yet, Diana is kind and caring toward him despite that. I read that J'onn betrayed the league in A Knight of Shadows, but I think it could be inaccurate. He even one time felt humans were selfish after reading their minds in Tabula Rasa and almost felt that he should not help them. I felt that J'onn is a martian who you can be unsure of easily. I do like J'onn, I am just saying that Diana is confusing because she trusts someone who despises humanity, yet distrusts Shayera after the events of Starcrossed. Shayera may have been mysterious and brutal, but she never tried to abandon her cause or shown any sign of disliking humans all together. It is almost as if Diana's personality is varied.

Well, i slightly agree with you on that one. There is a big difference b/w J'onn and Shayera. Jo'nn was manipulated by Morgan Le Fay's powers which caused him to betray the league, but not in the same manner as Shayera. J'onn connected with Diana in an interesting way. Id even go as far as saying they were the closest league members. Shayera betrayed the entire Earth, gave away their secrets to Thanagar, even how to use their own powers against them. I guess the stakes were higher. Id be way more upset with Shayera than with Jo'nn's minor situation. J'onn didn't necessarily distrust or despise humanity. He simply thought they were off their rockers and had to be watchful around them. And he eventually found ways to focus on their good.

If you recall, she told Shayera in "The Balance" that she forgave her a long time ago. She's not necessarily one to hold grudges unless your Ares. She wasn't necessarily cold towards Shayera afterwards, just careful. She forgave but didnt forget.

Wonder Woman would never, i mean NEVER left Shayera to die that way, at least not after seeing how remorseful she had become. However, if Shayera had done a complete 180 and stayed the enemy throughout the entire story arc in Starcrossed, Im sure she would have left her to burn. Like i said, she's caring, strong and bold, but if you infuriate her you better run for the hills. She's no damsel in distress. She still has her Amazonian sense of justice and feministic views.

Oh, and that quote where batman says Diana is perfect? I read it somewhere. If im not mistakened his exact words were "Diana is perfect, she just doesn't know it. And that makes her even more perfect

maya14belle

[43]Apr 9, 2008
    filmstu2005 wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    filmstu2005 wrote:

maya14belle wrote:
    jmizzle505 wrote:
    Thank you for that idea.

I also found Diana despicable for her distrust, coldness, and hatred toward Shayera, even though you cannot blame her since Shayera did betray the league. Also, J'onn is a martian who does not trust humanity. Yet, Diana is kind and caring toward him despite that. I read that J'onn betrayed the league in A Knight of Shadows, but I think it could be inaccurate. He even one time felt humans were selfish after reading their minds in Tabula Rasa and almost felt that he should not help them. I felt that J'onn is a martian who you can be unsure of easily. I do like J'onn, I am just saying that Diana is confusing because she trusts someone who despises humanity, yet distrusts Shayera after the events of Starcrossed. Shayera may have been mysterious and brutal, but she never tried to abandon her cause or shown any sign of disliking humans all together. It is almost as if Diana's personality is varied.

Well, i slightly agree with you on that one. There is a big difference b/w J'onn and Shayera. Jo'nn was manipulated by Morgan Le Fay's powers which caused him to betray the league, but not in the same manner as Shayera. J'onn connected with Diana in an interesting way. Id even go as far as saying they were the closest league members. Shayera betrayed the entire Earth, gave away their secrets to Thanagar, even how to use their own powers against them. I guess the stakes were higher. Id be way more upset with Shayera than with Jo'nn's minor situation. J'onn didn't necessarily distrust or despise humanity. He simply thought they were off their rockers and had to be watchful around them. And he eventually found ways to focus on their good.

If you recall, she told Shayera in "The Balance" that she forgave her a long time ago. She's not necessarily one to hold grudges unless your Ares. She wasn't necessarily cold towards Shayera afterwards, just careful. She forgave but didnt forget.

Wonder Woman would never, i mean NEVER left Shayera to die that way, at least not after seeing how remorseful she had become. However, if Shayera had done a complete 180 and stayed the enemy throughout the entire story arc in Starcrossed, Im sure she would have left her to burn. Like i said, she's caring, strong and bold, but if you infuriate her you better run for the hills. She's no damsel in distress. She still has her Amazonian sense of justice and feministic views.

Oh, and that quote where batman says Diana is perfect? I read it somewhere. If im not mistakened his exact words were "Diana is perfect, she just doesn't know it. And that makes her even more perfect

If Diana didn't want to kill Shayera, why did she say "I should leave you to burn."?

maya14belle

[44]Apr 9, 2008
    filmstu2005 wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    filmstu2005 wrote:

maya14belle wrote:
    jmizzle505 wrote:
    Thank you for that idea.

Also, I saw The Balance episode. When she told Shayera she forgave her a long time ago, she sounded sarcastic, not sincere. Diana was still obviously unforgiving. Also, I am not trying to be against J'onn. I am saying if J'onn did something bad, I bet Diana would stand by him. But she didn't do it with Shayera, which made her confusing to me. She held a grudge told Shayera. Even Green Lantern said so in The Once and Future Thing Western Tales. I really despised Diana for her grudge. I felt like if she was real, I would yell at her and hit her for distrusting Shayera.

Lena_Wayne15

[45]Apr 9, 2008
    • level: 16
    maya14belle wrote:
    filmstu2005 wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    filmstu2005 wrote:

maya14belle wrote:
    jmizzle505 wrote:
    Thank you for that idea.

Also, I saw The Balance episode. When she told Shayera she forgave her a long time ago, she sounded sarcastic, not sincere. Diana was still obviously unforgiving. Also, I am not trying to be against J'onn. I am saying if J'onn did something bad, I bet Diana would stand by him. But she didn't do it with Shayera, which made her confusing to me. She held a grudge told Shayera. Even Green Lantern said so in The Once and Future Thing Western Tales. I really despised Diana for her grudge. I felt like if she was real, I would yell at her and hit her for distrusting Shayera.

In Diana's defense, what Shayera did was far worse than what J'onn did. I mean, she Shayera knew what she was doing the whole time. She placed the Earth, and the six billion innocent lives on a time bomb, so to speak. Shayera knew she was a slepper agent. She knew she was murdering everyone on the plant. She didn't do anything to save anyone until the last second. Sure, she saved the day, but it's a hard thing to forgive. See, if she was under control of a giant yellow cockroach of fear, being unforgiven is silly.

maya14belle

[46]Apr 9, 2008
    Lena_Wayne15 wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    filmstu2005 wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    filmstu2005 wrote:

maya14belle wrote:
    jmizzle505 wrote:
    Thank you for that idea.

In Diana's defense, what Shayera did was far worse than what J'onn did. I mean, she Shayera knew what she was doing the whole time. She placed the Earth, and the six billion innocent lives on a time bomb, so to speak. Shayera knew she was a slepper agent. She knew she was murdering everyone on the plant. She didn't do anything to save anyone until the last second. Sure, she saved the day, but it's a hard thing to forgive. See, if she was under control of a giant yellow cockroach of fear, being unforgiven is silly.

But Shayera thought her people were building a force field, not a bypass that would destroy Earth. When she figured out her peoples' true intentions, she betrayed them and handed information to the league. Couldn't Diana have thought of that? And I still want the answer to comment 43.

suss2it

[47]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 14
    OK but Shayera helped and knowingly planned an invasion of the entire Earth planet. She betrayed the League by giving out their weaknesses so they could be held hostage. Only after realizing that the planet was going to become a bypass she decided that it was now time to save them. And yes Wonder Woman did say she should let her burn, after she was her prisoner and after having every single life on Earth threatened, yet she still freed her.

maya14belle

[48]Apr 10, 2008
    suss2it wrote:
    OK but Shayera helped and knowingly planned an invasion of the entire Earth planet. She betrayed the League by giving out their weaknesses so they could be held hostage. Only after realizing that the planet was going to become a bypass she decided that it was now time to save them. And yes Wonder Woman did say she should let her burn, after she was her prisoner and after having every single life on Earth threatened, yet she still freed her.

Are you saying that I am right, that Diana deep down wanted Shayera to die?

maya14belle

[49]Apr 10, 2008
    maya14belle wrote:
    suss2it wrote:

If I am right, then Diana was indeed cold-hearted and evil in a certain way toward Shayera. Well, I hope I am wrong, because Diana is supposed to be a hero, not some villain.

filmstu2005

[50]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 7

maya14belle wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    suss2it wrote:
    If I am right, then Diana was indeed cold-hearted and evil in a certain way toward Shayera. Well, I hope I am wrong, because Diana is supposed to be a hero, not some villain.

The important thing you should remember is that although she was very angry and bitter, just like your typical Amazon, over Shayera's betrayal (think of it as a betrayal by a sister. A woman. A teammate, which makes it almost worse than a man's betrayal), the important thing to remember is that even if she did say "I should leave you to burn,", did she? Did she leave Shayera to burn and die?

NO. Which shows remorse. She knew it would be the wrong thing to do, she did NOT want Shayear to die which means Diana is not a cold-blooded killer.

And you have to remember its only a cartoon. I merely stated that the writers interpreted Wonder Woman's personality in the best way that Ive seen. And i stand by it. They really did present her character well.

maya14belle

[51]Apr 11, 2008
    filmstu2005 wrote:

maya14belle wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    suss2it wrote:

The important thing you should remember is that although she was very angry and bitter, just like your typical Amazon, over Shayera's betrayal (think of it as a betrayal by a sister. A woman. A teammate, which makes it almost worse than a man's betrayal), the important thing to remember is that even if she did say "I should leave you to burn,", did she? Did she leave Shayera to burn and die?

NO. Which shows remorse. She knew it would be the wrong thing to do, she did NOT want Shayear to die which means Diana is not a cold-blooded killer.

And you have to remember its only a cartoon. I merely stated that the writers interpreted Wonder Woman's personality in the best way that Ive seen. And i stand by it. They really did present her character well.

Thank you for saying that. Also, I just wanted to hear opinions from others in order to understand Diana better. Also, deep down, I do like Diana, which is why I was hoping I was wrong about her wanting Shayera to die. I just felt like I wanted to hate her for her bitterness toward Shayera and it made her confusing to me because if it were anyone like J'onn or Batman who did something awful to Earth, I bet Diana would have stood by those sort of people. But she didn't stand by Shayera, who was her teammate. That made her questionable because I thought Diana was so kind-hearted. But after reading these comments, I think I understand Diana better.

Lena_Wayne15

[52]Apr 11, 2008
    maya14belle wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    suss2it wrote:

It's no different than putting someone on death row for murder, which Shayera took part in. The Thanagarians actually killed people. That wouldn't have happened without Shayera's help. It's the same with treason. Either way you look at it, it's treason. Many societies and cultures, and the US used to, kill dissenters. Shayera could be seen as that.

maya14belle

[53]Apr 11, 2008
    Lena_Wayne15 wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    suss2it wrote:

It's no different than putting someone on death row for murder, which Shayera took part in. The Thanagarians actually killed people. That wouldn't have happened without Shayera's help. It's the same with treason. Either way you look at it, it's treason. Many societies and cultures, and the US used to, kill dissenters. Shayera could be seen as that.

The Thanagarians killed people. When?

Lena_Wayne15

[54]Apr 11, 2008
    maya14belle wrote:
    Lena_Wayne15 wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    suss2it wrote:

You don't honeslty believe no one would have died in the Invasion, can you? It was war. Humans were killed. It's kinda obvious.

maya14belle

[55]Apr 11, 2008
    Lena_Wayne15 wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    Lena_Wayne15 wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    suss2it wrote:

You don't honeslty believe no one would have died in the Invasion, can you? It was war. Humans were killed. It's kinda obvious.

But it was not shown on-screen.

suss2it

[56]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 14
    maya14belle wrote:
    Lena_Wayne15 wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    Lena_Wayne15 wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    suss2it wrote:

But it was not shown on-screen.
    That doesn't meant it didn't happen.

edi0t

[57]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 4
    movie was good

maya14belle

[58]Apr 12, 2008
    edi0t wrote:
    movie was good

Sorry I caused everyone to spent time talking about Diana. I forgot this was a movie forum. But this was the only undead topic I could find in order to talk about her and be able to understand her. But I am done with Diana now and we should just talk about the movie, even though I have not seen it yet.

JLU51306

[59]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 18
    Will there be a sequel? Because it seems they could make Crisis on Infinite earths a movie.