Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Look at this!

theportal

[1]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 26

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=201678&page=10

That's some collection.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GavinGibbons

[2]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 29
    holly collectable figurines batman!!!! i thought it was just the top layer... until i scrolled down to see the rest of them

MajLorne

[3]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 21
    Whoa most of them sculpted? Dude's got lots of time and cash on hand lol. But eh, very nice though.
    It would be nice if that person designed some model figures that could be mass produced to be sold in stores.

JLU51306

[4]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 18
    I'm an avid toy collector (except I don't open them), and as I've looked, he has some pretty rare ones, the Question is one.

sylent_asassin

[5]May 1, 2008
    • level: 26
    Ah, I have more figures than this guy. Just check the "Action Figure Museum" link in my signature to see. I'm sure most of you already have. I like some of his customs.

I've posted roughly an 8th of the figures that I have. I haven't even touched my Star Wars and Star Trek collection.

GavinGibbons

[6]May 7, 2008
    • level: 29
    cool collections peeps

Loganace

[7]May 18, 2008
    • level: 9
    JLU51306 wrote:
    I'm an avid toy collector (except I don't open them), and as I've looked, he has some pretty rare ones, the Question is one.

Thats what I don't get about some collectors why buy a figure if your not even gonna open the container...

JLU51306

[8]May 18, 2008

Well its not really about opening them, it takes down the value of the toy dramatically when you do. I saw on some show where they showed an extremely old Green Arrow action figure, they said in the case it is worth some where around 7,000 dollars, and out of the case, it's only worth a couple hundred dollars.

To know you have something 'rare and valuable', and it won't be rare and valuable, or at least as much, when you open them, is why I don't open them, can't speak for everybody else though.

Edited on 05/18/2008 10:27pm

Loganace

[9]May 19, 2008
    • level: 9
    JLU51306 wrote:

Well its not really about opening them, it takes down the value of the toy dramatically when you do. I saw on some show where they showed an extremely old Green Arrow action figure, they said in the case it is worth some where around 7,000 dollars, and out of the case, it's only worth a couple hundred dollars.

To know you have something 'rare and valuable', and it won't be rare and valuable, or at least as much, when you open them, is why I don't open them, can't speak for everybody else though.

But you buy the freaking figure for your self not to sell it...

JLU51306

[10]May 19, 2008
    It's hard to explain, it's nice knowing I guess that you have something valuable.

MajLorne

[11]Jun 4, 2008

Loganace wrote:
    Agreed, plus how would you know in a few years or decades from now if what you have is worth a lot of $ or not?

Lol, I mean let's say someone has some old batman toys based on the original Tim Burton's batman movie, like that batwing. How much would that be worth today [out of the box]?

Edited on 06/04/2008 5:40pm

JLU51306

[12]Jun 5, 2008
    MajLorne wrote:

Loganace wrote:
    Agreed, plus how would you know in a few years or decades from now if what you have is worth a lot of $ or not?

Lol, I mean let's say someone has some old batman toys based on the original Tim Burton's batman movie, like that batwing. How much would that be worth today [out of the box]?

Out of the box is worth no more than 8 dollars. You know because an original character, like Vigilante, he's never had his own action figure before, and now he does from JLU, and it's worth upto 30 to 50 dollars, usually original characters, not a character with a different color, the original one, is most of the time worth some money.

And what also makes them worth money is being rare, Shayera-Hol action figure you can't even find, at some places they are selling it for 40 dollars. the 10 inch Hawkgirl from the first two seasons of JL is worth 120 dollars, I've seen the exclusive San Diego Comiccon Solomon Grundy action figure sell for 750 dollars! It mainly depends on the rarity. Right now I have $1700 worth of unopened action figures, and I only paid $450 dollars for them all, giving me a profit of $1200, that's why I collect them, and I like the action figures I buy to, sometimes it's not even about value.

MajLorne

[13]Jun 5, 2008
    Well then, congrats to you

JLU51306

[14]Jun 6, 2008
    Thanks , It took me many years to collect all of them.

HomerPyle

[15]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 7
    My friend bought tons of mint-condition B:TAS figures online for hundreds and hundreds of dollars, planning to sell them after a few years, but within a day of getting them he couldn't resist opening them up and playing with them like he was still a kid.