Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Most overused of the big 7?

-Silverstar-

[21]Apr 4, 2007
    • level: 9
    You may have a point there, but in any regard, the question is moot; even if you're logistically correct, the fact remains Batsy's fan base would never allow him to just appear on the show part-time. Too many people (including the show's executive producer, Bruce Timm) were Batman fans for them to not feature him on the show prominently.
    Edited on 04/04/2007 10:08am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Pokeysteve

[22]Apr 17, 2007
    It's funny how some people say he was barely used at all and some say he was always there. Stop exaggerating for effect and tell the damn truth. I can understand if you don't remember that well but jeez at least say "I remember...". Now with that I remember Batman being used the second least behind J'onn. Especially after they changed it to Unlimited and all these new characters flooded in. I think Lantern was the most over used mainly because he was usually the guy some one brought along. And yes i think Stewart was a crab ass a lot. Kind of kept the others in line though haha especially Wally!

-Blackstar-

[23]Apr 17, 2007
    • level: 8
    Pokeysteve wrote:
    ]It's funny how some people say he was barely used at all and some say he was always there. Stop exaggerating for effect and tell the damn truth.
    I agree with you, but look who created this topic, Overrated17. Exaggerating for effect is basically all he does. He makes these off the wall statements just to see what kind of reaction he'll get. Frankly, I smell troll on him.
    Edited on 04/17/2007 5:34am

teenagersrule15

[24]Apr 17, 2007
    • level: 6
    I think the most over-used was Green Lantern and Superman in season 1(of the box-sets) and maybe Hawkgirl too them showing her coming back to the team and all, I did find Batman and perhaps Flash too to make alot of appearances in season 2(of the box-sets)but i kinda liked it beeing that Bats and Red r my 2 favs of the show and it's cool how they always call each other for back-up like in Eclipsed Pt. 2(Flash calls Bats) and in Maid of Honor Pt.2(Bats calls Flash).

Pokeysteve

[25]Apr 17, 2007
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    [Exaggerating for effect is basically all he does. He makes these off the wall statements just to see what kind of reaction he'll get. Frankly, I smell troll on him.
    His evil plan is kind of working.

Chrisin99

[26]Jan 21, 2008
    • level: 2

Batman is ... THE MAN!! And by far the best liked, and smartest of all the characters. (With the biggest and best Rouges Gallery of Villians OF THEM ALL!) But I find it funny that Batman, being the one characted that was ...USED.... the most, and HE WAS ONLY A PART- TIMER!! WHo figures......?

MovieMark17

[27]Feb 14, 2008
    • level: 35

Some of the reasons on this thread as to why Batman is useless are laughable. Batman, in fact, all of the JL in JL 1+2 were painfully overused - there were too many establishing character episodes that failed to juggle the characters with a fluidness; always pushing one or more to the sidelines to make way for the specific character-related storyline. Season one was guilty of this the most.

Anyways - people saying that Batman was useless and contributed nothing to the show…sigh. I feel pity for those who comment on how useless he is just because he cant lift a building or fly, or whatever. His dark origins made way for some of the best writing on the show. The rest all had some nice stories, but it was bats who, for me, always stole it, because the characters had so much mythology to fall back on, and could elaborate with ease on his inner demons.

If you just watch the show for action and think they he got in the way too much, then it's clear you only watch the show for thems fightin' skillz. But if you watch it for multi-layered, complex storytelling, then you should find Batman a compelling central character. In the episode "For the man who has everything" he easily manages to steal the story from supes with a simple glimpse of his past, and how he has always imagined that his father saved the day, instead of getting shot. He's a fascinating character, and there's a reason so many of his shows work.

In the JL it always irritated me how everything usually fell upon Superman saving the day. If you ask me, the most overused character is Flash - but that is by no means a critical judgement, more so a fan boy-ish praise to the writers!

Edited on 02/14/2008 3:08pm

gamerboy190

[28]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 18
    MovieMark17 wrote:

Some of the reasons on this thread as to why Batman is useless are laughable. Batman, in fact, all of the JL in JL 1+2 were painfully overused - there were too many establishing character episodes that failed to juggle the characters with a fluidness; always pushing one or more to the sidelines to make way for the specific character-related storyline. Season one was guilty of this the most.

Anyways - people saying that Batman was useless and contributed nothing to the show…sigh. I feel pity for those who comment on how useless he is just because he cant lift a building or fly, or whatever. His dark origins made way for some of the best writing on the show. The rest all had some nice stories, but it was bats who, for me, always stole it, because the characters had so much mythology to fall back on, and could elaborate with ease on his inner demons.

If you just watch the show for action and think they he got in the way too much, then it's clear you only watch the show for thems fightin' skillz. But if you watch it for multi-layered, complex storytelling, then you should find Batman a compelling central character. In the episode "For the man who has everything" he easily manages to steal the story from supes with a simple glimpse of his past, and how he has always imagined that his father saved the day, instead of getting shot. He's a fascinating character, and there's a reason so many of his shows work.

In the JL it always irritated me how everything usually fell upon Superman saving the day. If you ask me, the most overused character is Flash - but that is by no means a critical judgement, more so a fan boy-ish praise to the writers!

Regarding Flash, he seemed like a character that NEEDED character development to be taken seriously, so that could be a factor in your claim that he's overused.