Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Poll: What do you think of Hawkgirl?

Where does she rank in your mind?

Shayera-Hol

[61]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 20
    So you've seen it. Well you could understand because arguing is many times a sign of romance, many of my friends do that and it's pretty funny.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maya14belle

[62]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 8
    Shayera-Hol wrote:
    So you've seen it. Well you could understand because arguing is many times a sign of romance, many of my friends do that and it's pretty funny.

I guess so. Thank you for saying so. I think the romance between Hawkgirl and Green Lantern is the best romance in the series.

demonnaruto13

[63]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 19
    i think there should be a she is hot option

maya14belle

[64]Apr 6, 2008
    Shayera-Hol wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    Shayera-Hol wrote:
    Well, you should see JLU then, because she is different there, and I am sure you'll change your mind about her.

She softened a lot, which gave her character development.

How did she softened? Also, I look at the Justice League Unlimited intro. Why did she no longer wear that headdress she had in the beginning?
    1. She is not that tough anymore, but she is still almost the same Hawkgirl we knew.
    2. She doesn't wear it since Starcrossed, because she is not a Hawkgirl anymore, she is just Shayera Hol.

I realized in the episode Hunter's Moon that she doesn't like to be called Hawkgirl anymore either. Vigilante called her that during an argument and Shayera was saying that she told him not to call her that until she saw his leg injury. Even though I still sometimes prefer to call her Hawkgirl, I thought Vigilante was so cold, rude, and insensitive. The name Hawkgirl I believe reminds Shayera too much of her betrayal in Starcossed and the time before that when she kept secrets. That is why she despises the name. She wants to put that part of the past behind her. Vigilante should have thought of that, even though you cannot completely blame him.

I may sound hypocritical, but I have been used to the name Hawkgirl for a while. I like that name better. Even though Shayera is not real, I do not mean to be mean.

maya14belle

[65]Apr 6, 2008
    maya14belle wrote:
    Shayera-Hol wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    Shayera-Hol wrote:
    Well, you should see JLU then, because she is different there, and I am sure you'll change your mind about her.

She softened a lot, which gave her character development.

How did she softened? Also, I look at the Justice League Unlimited intro. Why did she no longer wear that headdress she had in the beginning?
    1. She is not that tough anymore, but she is still almost the same Hawkgirl we knew.
    2. She doesn't wear it since Starcrossed, because she is not a Hawkgirl anymore, she is just Shayera Hol.

I realized in the episode Hunter's Moon that she doesn't like to be called Hawkgirl anymore either. Vigilante called her that during an argument and Shayera was saying that she told him not to call her that until she saw his leg injury. Even though I still sometimes prefer to call her Hawkgirl, I thought Vigilante was so cold, rude, and insensitive. The name Hawkgirl I believe reminds Shayera too much of her betrayal in Starcossed and the time before that when she kept secrets. That is why she despises the name. She wants to put that part of the past behind her. Vigilante should have thought of that, even though you cannot completely blame him.

I may sound hypocritical, but I have been used to the name Hawkgirl for a while. I like that name better. Even though Shayera is not real, I do not mean to be mean.

I still though sometimes call her just Shayera when I watch the JLU episodes.

MajLorne

[66]Apr 6, 2008
    • level: 21
    Vigilante was angry that Shayera's people invaded Earth [trying to turn it into a passage way to invade their enemies] plus they tortured him when he refused to accept their rule over earth. So he has some bad memories about her people and probably took his anger out on her.

maya14belle

[67]Apr 7, 2008
    maya14belle wrote:
    D-------------- wrote:
    I also like to see Hawkgirl without her mask. It brings out her softer side. It's as if she no longer has anything to hide.

I think that headdress was a symbol of her secrets.

The headdress also might have represented her connection to Thanagar and her former tough and brutal personality.

maya14belle

[68]Apr 8, 2008
    MajLorne wrote:
    Vigilante was angry that Shayera's people invaded Earth [trying to turn it into a passage way to invade their enemies] plus they tortured him when he refused to accept their rule over earth. So he has some bad memories about her people and probably took his anger out on her.

But Shayera is nothing like her people. Also, it was as if Vigilante had revenge and revenge is a bad quality to have. It also seemed he was more angry about what the Thanagarians did to him than to Earth. That is self-centered, though only in my point of view. But maybe he felt equally angry for what Shayera's people did to Earth also. Sorry if I am making Vigilante sound bad.

MajLorne

[69]Apr 9, 2008
    I know, but I'm saying that's what his perspective was. Plus Shayera did for a time work w/her own people so that didn't help her case in his opinion. overally he was just in a bad mood when he got injured and just took his anger out on her.
    Of course it looks bad, but how else would he have vented out his anger in that situation?

suss2it

[70]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 14
    maya14belle wrote:
    I think it might have represented her former tough and brutal personality.
    Former?
    Edited on 04/10/2008 4:14pm

maya14belle

[71]Apr 10, 2008
    suss2it wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    I think it might have represented her former tough and brutal personality.
    Former?

Well, in JLU, she does not seem to be tough, brutal, ill-tempered, and aggresive as she was before. That is why I said former. She even is no longer war-like and militaristic. You can tell since her clothes in JLU were more like normal exercise clothing and she does not battle impulsively like she did in JL. In the Wake the Dead episode, in which she returns to the league, she shows herself to be more gentle than she was before.

maya14belle

[72]Apr 15, 2008
    maya14belle wrote:
    Shayera-Hol wrote:
    Okay, I'll answer. But you have to see the episode, try on youtube or veoh.

In the episode Wild Cards Part 1, at the beginning they were arguing, about a bank, and John said: What is it with you? Everytime we're together you're like this. And Shayera said: I don't know what you're talking about. And then John said: Yes, you do. But then the computer found an adress, so everything ended. Second question, Joker put bombs everywhere in town and the league must defuse them. And John went together with Shayera. And it showed romance because well.....they were just arguing: Shayera: Maybe you should let me defuse it. John: Maybe you should shut up. And then he touched her hand, nothing more. The Joker said: Will Green Lantern ever admit to his feelings? Will Hawkgirl ever stop sublimating her passions with that big honkin' mace? Will true love conquer all? Not on my show! And then, in the end of Wild Cards part 2 they kissed.
    Green Lantern: You know how we feel about each other. Shayera: John... Green Lantern: And I know you feel the same way. Shayera: It's not that simple. John, this can't go any further. Green Lantern: Why not? Shayera: Well... we work together. Green Lantern: So? Guess we have something in common. Shayera: We can't be worrying about each other when we're fighting the bad guys. Green Lantern: Too late for that. What else you got? Shayera: Ugh... It's crazy, I mean, look at us. Just look at us. Green Lantern: I see a man, and a woman. And then Green Lantern removes Shayera's helmet. They slowly get closer and kiss.

I did see the episode. I just didn't get the romance in Wild Cards Pt. 1. But still, how could that arguing be a sign of romance? It didn't seem so to me.

Sorry to ask this question, but how can yelling at someone to shut up be considered romantic? Joker obviously thought so. Also, what did GL mean when he said to Hawkgirl "Everytime we're together you're like this." Like what?

maya14belle

[73]Apr 16, 2008
    -Her personality rubs me the wrong way. For the first two seasons of JL, Hawkgirl was a nails-on-a-blackboard annoying little ballbuster, always spoiling for a fight, getting in everybody's face and acting like she's got bigger grapefruits than the guys. OK, Shayera, you're a chick but you're tough. We get it. Now zip your beak! Ballbusters are an immediate turnoff for me: I don't like guys who are like that, and IMO, people like that aren't any more tolerable with estrogen. Then after "Starcrossed", Shayera became a mopey little whiner. I got tired of listening to her blubber and complain all the time.[/QUOTE]
    Don't you dare call Shayera a whiner! She was just more gentle and mature in JLU, that's all!

maya14belle

[74]Apr 16, 2008
    maya14belle wrote:
    -Her personality rubs me the wrong way. For the first two seasons of JL, Hawkgirl was a nails-on-a-blackboard annoying little ballbuster, always spoiling for a fight, getting in everybody's face and acting like she's got bigger grapefruits than the guys. OK, Shayera, you're a chick but you're tough. We get it. Now zip your beak! Ballbusters are an immediate turnoff for me: I don't like guys who are like that, and IMO, people like that aren't any more tolerable with estrogen. Then after "Starcrossed", Shayera became a mopey little whiner. I got tired of listening to her blubber and complain all the time.

Don't you dare call Shayera a whiner! She was just more gentle and mature in JLU, that's all![/QUOTE]
    Sorry about my message. I am still learning how to reply in a certain way. Can anyone give me tips?

MajLorne

[75]Apr 16, 2008

maya14belle wrote:
    -Silverstar- wrote:
    -Her personality rubs me the wrong way. For the first two seasons of JL, Hawkgirl was a nails-on-a-blackboard annoying little ballbuster, always spoiling for a fight, getting in everybody's face and acting like she's got bigger grapefruits than the guys. OK, Shayera, you're a chick but you're tough. We get it. Now zip your beak! Ballbusters are an immediate turnoff for me: I don't like guys who are like that, and IMO, people like that aren't any more tolerable with estrogen. Then after "Starcrossed", Shayera became a mopey little whiner. I got tired of listening to her blubber and complain all the time.
    Don't you dare call Shayera a whiner! She was just more gentle and mature in JLU, that's all! Sorry about my message. I am still learning how to reply in a certain way. Can anyone give me tips?
    And may I add that, um, she is just a cartoon character. I mean you don't have to defend this character all the time she isn't real. It's just someone else's opinion.

Edited on 04/16/2008 9:49pm

maya14belle

[76]Apr 17, 2008

I just like to write what is in my mind. I know that Shayera is not real. I made a point of that in one of my comments. Besides, I seen a lot of people on this website and other websites defend such characters too.

And I still want the answers to comment 72. And I need help also on how to reply and type properly.

maya14belle

[77]Apr 17, 2008
    Also, you are right. People have a right to say their opinion. Guess I was upset that time because Hawkgirl is one of my most favorite characters and she had good reasons for having a certain attitude in JLU.

Shayera-Hol

[78]Apr 21, 2008
    • level: 20
    maya14belle, I agree with you.

maya14belle

[79]Apr 23, 2008
    Shayera-Hol wrote:
    maya14belle, I agree with you.

Thank you.

maya14belle

[80]Apr 23, 2008
    maya14belle wrote:

I just like to write what is in my mind. I know that Shayera is not real. I made a point of that in one of my comments. Besides, I seen a lot of people on this website and other websites defend such characters too.

And I still want the answers to comment 72. And I need help also on how to reply and type properly.

Someone PLEASE give me the answers to comment 72!