Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Static Shock, et al

redhead4u

[1]Nov 9, 2007
    • level: 1

I really got into Static Shock.

Why is it when a series such as Static, Batman Beyond, Justice League, get going and a lot of momentum, they get pulled?

The Batman isn't too bad (but I hate the new Joker and other animation choices), but it will likely be gone soon. Seems that Teen Titans is about the only hero show moving along, but it's also geared toward much younger audiences.

Why do the more adult-themed hero shows get taken off? Any chance we could see some historical Nielson ratings to see how they stacked up?

Sorry for so many questions. I got my JLU DVD and didn't realize how great they were - the animation, the stories, the message, etc. It was just great stuff.

Yeah, there's another Batman movie coming out and Superman Returns sucked terribly (especially the "Superman's kid" angle). There's supposed to be a Wonder Woman and Justice League movie out (and Wolverine). Maybe I'm spoiled.

I just thought that Bruce Timm, et al did a great, great job and deserved better.

Am I off? What do you all think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

seto1

[2]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 16
    yeah dude i totally agree with all u said even including about joker and the returns movie i hated both,the batman is a very pale imitation of the Bruce Wayne i know and is very unrealistic,by the way isnt teen titans over also dude

sylent_asassin

[3]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 26
    Justice League Unlimited ended for a couple of reasons. One, Bruce Timm stated that he was tired of the superhero scene and wanted to do other things for a while. The other was the Cartoon Network's desire to air shows produced by their networks. JLU, Teen Titans, Batman Beyond, Static Shock are all WB produced shows.

There probably won't be a Wonder Woman movie. The family that owns the rights to the character are being difficult.

redhead4u

[4]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 1

Yeah, I heard that about Timm, too. There were others, and they were also very good.

As far as the Wonder Woman movie goes, it has potential, but it would depend upon what story they tell. Will it be the 1940's? The current version? Will she fly or use her invisible jet? Will she be shown to be as strong as Superman, or just very strong? How long will they take to show her origin? Will there be any references to other heroes? What is the message?

Lots of questions. It's not like Batman or Superman who are generally accepted and don't require any more origin movies. If they do a WW movie and a JL movie, they need (IMO) to use the same actress for both.

I thought Lynda Carter was a bad choice when they had the series, and the ones that are rumored to be WW look like they could pull it off. With the writer's strike, it could push it back much farther, if it does get made.

gamerboy190

[5]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 18
    seto1 wrote:
    yeah dude i totally agree with all u said even including about joker and the returns movie i hated both,the batman is a very pale imitation of the Bruce Wayne i know and is very unrealistic,by the way isnt teen titans over also dude

Static Shock was good, but some flows. The Virgil/Daisy relationship, for example...

Antiyonder

[6]Nov 17, 2007
    • level: 39
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    Justice League Unlimited ended for a couple of reasons. One, Bruce Timm stated that he was tired of the superhero scene and wanted to do other things for a while. The other was the Cartoon Network's desire to air shows produced by their networks. JLU, Teen Titans, Batman Beyond, Static Shock are all WB produced shows.

Understable, but there's no reason why reruns should be restricted to satelite/DVD viewing. And yes, I think the only reason Cartoon Network refrains from rerunning it is due to the cast being adults and set outside school.

theportal

[7]Nov 19, 2007
    • level: 26
    sylent_asassin wrote:

There probably won't be a Wonder Woman movie. The family that owns the rights to the character are being difficult.

Bruce Timm certainly won't be getting away from the superhero scene anytime this year or next, with The Judas Contract only getting released near the end of next year. And who knows, he may do more DTVs. Plus he stated in an interview about Superman: Doomsday that he misses the 13-episode season process and prefers it to doing movies like Superman: Doomsday. So there is hope.