Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Supermans death?

RKORandyOrtan

[1]Feb 9, 2008
    • level: 2

Well I saw this video on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIGTMHRO8bs&feature=related

And I was wondering where this happened? The first 1:30 of the video. Did that happen in an justice league episode or what? If so any link or a video so I can see what happened? thanks.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DarthFreeza

[2]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 23
    I wouldn't know for sure since I'm not much of a Superman fan but I'd say it happened in Superman: Doomsday.

theportal

[3]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 26
    I haven't looked at the video, but it could be a clip from "Hereafter part 1".

keshiasiedah

[4]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 2
    the first 1,5 minute from the clip is from Hereafter part1 which is an episode of justice league unlimited

seto1

[5]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 16
    ooh i remember this episode i cant recall the name but i turns superman wasn't dead,he was simply transported far into the future as a result of a blast from a ray from toyman.To all present the ray had disintegrated superman,only batman suspected otherwise.You guys can check it out your self but to make my story short in the future the sun was red so superman was powerless, and had to seek the help of the only other living human there randall savage.

theportal

[6]Feb 11, 2008
    Vandal Savage, you mean. "Hereafter" is a good story. I've always enjoyed part 1, but I used to hate part 2. I now really enjoy both parts.

Season 2 is so awesome! Buy the DVD if you can!

seto1

[7]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 16
    opps yeah thats who i meant,oh this has always been one of my fav episodes,seeing someone like superman without his powers was awesome

sylent_asassin

[8]Feb 11, 2008
    theportal wrote:

Agreed. Season 2 is easily the best season of Justice League.

theportal

[9]Feb 12, 2008
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    theportal wrote:

Of JL, most definitely. I'm not so sure if it beats the second season of JLU though ("The Cat and the Canary" through to "Epilogue")...

sylent_asassin

[10]Feb 12, 2008
    theportal wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    theportal wrote:

Of JL, most definitely. I'm not so sure if it beats the second season of JLU though ("The Cat and the Canary" through to "Epilogue")...

The Cadmus arc was my absolute favorite, but in between those episodes were some very weak fillers which brought the season down.

jwgrlrrajn

[11]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 23

sylent_asassin wrote:
    The Cadmus arc was my absolute favorite, but in between those episodes were some very weak fillers which brought the season down.

No kidding, I think that Cat and the Canary was the worst episode of JLU that I've seen.

Edited on 02/12/2008 4:08pm

theportal

[12]Feb 13, 2008

sylent_asassin wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    theportal wrote:

Like what? Because that season had "Double Date" and "Hunter's Moon", two of JLU's best filler episodes. BTW, I loved "The Cat and the Canary".

Edited on 02/13/2008 12:46am

sylent_asassin

[13]Feb 13, 2008
    theportal wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    theportal wrote:

Like what? Because that season had "Double Date" and "Hunter's Moon", two of JLU's best filler episodes. BTW, I loved "The Cat and the Canary".

I actually enjoyed Double Date, but didn't particularly care for The Balance or Hunter's Moon. Shayera, who's normally a strong character was throwing herself a pity party throughout that entire episode. In addition, it did nothing to resolve the love triangle between John, Mari and Shayera. Actually, I think this is where it began.

theportal

[14]Feb 13, 2008
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    theportal wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    theportal wrote:

I actually enjoyed Double Date, but didn't particularly care for The Balance or Hunter's Moon. Shayera, who's normally a strong character was throwing herself a pity party throughout that entire episode. In addition, it did nothing to resolve the love triangle between John, Mari and Shayera. Actually, I think this is where it began.

The love triangle began in "Wake the Dead". Also, I felt that there was nothing wrong with Shay's portrayal in "Wake the Dead" or "Hunter's Moon". I think it only started to get out of hand in the two Hawkman episodes. The animation, music, fights, voices and story for "Hunter's Moon" were all top-notch. What's not to like? And Shay was entitled to a little bit of moping since that episode dealt with the direct ramifications of "Starcrossed".

sylent_asassin

[15]Feb 13, 2008
    theportal wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    theportal wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    theportal wrote:

The love triangle began in "Wake the Dead". Also, I felt that there was nothing wrong with Shay's portrayal in "Wake the Dead" or "Hunter's Moon". I think it only started to get out of hand in the two Hawkman episodes. The animation, music, fights, voices and story for "Hunter's Moon" were all top-notch. What's not to like? And Shay was entitled to a little bit of moping since that episode dealt with the direct ramifications of "Starcrossed".

Shayera had plenty of time to mope while she imprisioned herself in Dr. Fate's castle for a season and a half. There was a reason that J'onn told her that she wasn't pulling her weight as team leader and it became evidently clear during the mission. What I didn't like most of all was the writers dragging Vixen (an interesting character by herself) into a love triangle that was to be unresolved.