Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

That old Justice League Live action show

knuclear2005

[1]Oct 7, 2007
    • level: 18

anyone see it yet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League_of_America_%28Live_action%29

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sylent_asassin

[2]Oct 8, 2007
    • level: 26
    I remember dealers selling bootlegged DVD copies of this at the WonderCon. I wanted to buy one, but they asked too much for it. I heard it was cheezy anyway. I was probably better off saving the $15 for lunch at Hooter's.

knuclear2005

[3]Oct 12, 2007
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    I remember dealers selling bootlegged DVD copies of this at the WonderCon. I wanted to buy one, but they asked too much for it. I heard it was cheezy anyway. I was probably better off saving the $15 for lunch at Hooter's.

more like DORKY

gamerboy190

[4]Oct 12, 2007
    sylent_asassin wrote:

Where at?

sylent_asassin

[5]Oct 15, 2007
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:

Where at?

This was at the WonderCon in SF. You can look up toy shows in your area. At every toy show I've ever been to, there are at least 2 guys with a table full of bootlegged DVD's of 70's and 80's cartoons and anime. Usually, they'll have that cheezy Justice League movie.

I'm really surprised the shows allow them to sell that stuff as they're breaking copyright laws.

darklordavaitor

[6]Nov 7, 2007
    • level: 21
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    Where at?
    This was at the WonderCon in SF. You can look up toy shows in your area. At every toy show I've ever been to, there are at least 2 guys with a table full of bootlegged DVD's of 70's and 80's cartoons and anime. Usually, they'll have that cheezy Justice League movie. I'm really surprised the shows allow them to sell that stuff as they're breaking copyright laws.
    They probably don't know. Anyway, I think I've seen a bit of this particular show on RetroJunk. Sounds like somethingI have to see just how awful it is, like that Batgirl pilot.

CHROME2279

[7]Jan 10, 2008
    • level: 6

Well I bought it for $10 bucks.. and I can say IT IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!! The flash is FAT! Green lateren has cheesy animations, All the other heroes suck! and martian manhunter is John malkovich!

On this note there was another JLA live action short lived TV series in the late 70's called the Legends of Superheroes.. it had Burtward and Adam West as batman and robin, Frank gorshin as the riddler, Mordu, The weather wizard, Captian marvel, giganta, flash, black canary, solomon grundy, hawkman with cardboard wings).. that was by far the worst Superhero TV show EVER!!!!!!!

Here is the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_of_the_Superheroes

DarthFreeza

[8]Jan 10, 2008
    • level: 23
    CHROME2279 wrote:

Well I bought it for $10 bucks.. and I can say IT IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!! The flash is FAT! Green lateren has cheesy animations, All the other heroes suck! and martian manhunter is John malkovich!

On this note there was another JLA live action short lived TV series in the late 70's called the Legends of Superheroes.. it had Burtward and Adam West as batman and robin, Frank gorshin as the riddler, Mordu, The weather wizard, Captian marvel, giganta, flash, black canary, solomon grundy, hawkman with cardboard wings).. that was by far the worst Superhero TV show EVER!!!!!!!

Yes enough said...

What bout that Justice League movie coming out in 2009? I just learned about it, should I have high expectations?

theportal

[9]Jan 11, 2008
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    CHROME2279 wrote:

Yes enough said...

What bout that Justice League movie coming out in 2009? I just learned about it, should I have high expectations?

You only just heard about it? It's been big news for months. They're looking for young actors and it'll be part animation, part live-action, so it could suck. Also, is Iris the Flash's girlfriend? 'Cause she's supposed to be in it. Believe it or not, Talia al Ghul is meant to be in it too. The Green Lantern in the movie is supposedly John Stewart. Also, Superman will battle both Batman and Wonder Woman.

gamerboy190

[10]Jan 15, 2008
    theportal wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    CHROME2279 wrote:

Yes enough said...

You only just heard about it? It's been big news for months. They're looking for young actors and it'll be part animation, part live-action, so it could suck. Also, is Iris the Flash's girlfriend? 'Cause she's supposed to be in it. Believe it or not, Talia al Ghul is meant to be in it too. The Green Lantern in the movie is supposedly John Stewart. Also, Superman will battle both Batman and Wonder Woman.

This should be good....

DarthFreeza

[11]Jan 16, 2008
    • level: 23
    theportal wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    CHROME2279 wrote:

Yes enough said... What bout that Justice League movie coming out in 2009? I just learned about it, should I have high expectations?
    I only just heard of it. I'm usually buisy and dont get around to looking up movies much. I'd just like to know: Does it have any continuality from any shows and / or movies?
    Edited on 01/17/2008 2:34am
    Edited 2 total times.

gamerboy190

[12]Jan 16, 2008
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    CHROME2279 wrote:

Yes enough said...

I only just heard of it. I'm usually buisy and dont get around to looking up movies much. I'd just like to know:

Does it have any continuality from any shows and / or movies?
    This should be good....

I'll be waiting until then....

theportal

[13]Jan 17, 2008
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    CHROME2279 wrote:

Yes enough said... What bout that Justice League movie coming out in 2009? I just learned about it, should I have high expectations?
    I only just heard of it. I'm usually buisy and dont get around to looking up movies much. I'd just like to know: Does it have any continuality from any shows and / or movies?

As far as I know, it will be a stand-alone thing. However, it now looks like it won't be coming out until 2010 at the earliest.

gamerboy190

[14]Jan 19, 2008
    theportal wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    CHROME2279 wrote:

As far as I know, it will be a stand-alone thing. However, it now looks like it won't be coming out until 2010 at the earliest.

Damn, where do you live to wait that long?

theportal

[15]Jan 20, 2008
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    CHROME2279 wrote:

Damn, where do you live to wait that long?

... I'm talking about worldwide. The movie almost certainly won't see release ANYWHERE until 2010.

sylent_asassin

[16]Jan 24, 2008
    I heard that Aussie, Megan Gail was cast to play Wonder Woman.

She looks okay, I suppose, but I think they could have done better.

theportal

[17]Jan 26, 2008
    Well, they want young actors. I disagree with that idea, but never mind.