Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

They've already Poluted the DC Comics timeline, why not bring more Sidekicks bac

Chrisin99

[1]Nov 2, 2006
    • level: 2

OK.. I've been on here for hours reading all of this information about the Bat- Embargo, and how the creator's of the JL didn't want to use side kicks, and all of this stuff about the different universes (How Batman TAS and The Batman look different)) and how the Teen Titans can't cross over to to the JLU.

But frankly Paul Dini and the others writers and directors, crossed that line when they brought Supergirl (a sidekick) into the story line.  Yes, it was an important part of the story for the creation of Cadimus, and I'm glad they did it, but when they CROSSED THAT LINE, they should have continued to LOWER THERE STANDARDS and brought some of the other sidekicks back into play. Because frankly, that only would have boosted their rating, and made a whole lot Faithfully Dedicated Fans (like myself) happy.

Again I've read all of the stuff about the different universes, DCAU, etc, and how this cameo of this SPEEDY, couldn't be the SPEEDY from the Teen Titans. (which I know for a fact that it was ,And how THE FLASH, (JLU) and the Kid Flah (Teen Titans) are two different people). But again, Paul Dini or who ever wrote that script, CROSSED THAT LINE AGAIN, and there is no covering it up.

Frankly, I was pleased and overjoyed to see Speedy and Green Arrow (Hero and Sidekick) together again, and was wishing... was hoping... was PRAYING... (if only for a cameo) they could have teamed the Dynamic Duo Batman and Robin together again.

Yes I understand, that raises the RED FLAG on which Robin to use, (Dick Grayson, Tim Drake, or the other one), and then again this whole "BATMAN EMBARGO" thing comes up again, about not poluting the DC Comic time line any more than it's already been poluted. I see where that comes into play. BUT THEY'VE ALREADY CROSSED THAT LINE!! THE DAMAGE IS DONE!! 

ANd when they in brought Carter Hall as HawkMan, (season 5) it would have been GREAT to see him flying and fighting side by side with Shyera (sorry if I spelled that wrong), BUT THEY DIDN'T! (YEAH, YEAH.. I know, it was creepy the way they broght him into the story, and freaked everyone out, but by the finale he was fighting with the League!! And even if for a second, it would have been nice to see him flying "Side by Side" with Shyera

I think it'd be great to have a JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED  Movie and just throw the RULE BOOK out!! YOu know, and  bring in the Teen Titans, bring in Batgirl, and some other famous side kick like Speedy, and Aqua Lad. BECAUSE THE LINE HAS ALREADY BEEN CROSSED!

And forget about this whole BATMAN EMBARGO thing... (use the Batman charaters and villians) because BATMAN, by far (as we all know) has the best gallery of Rogue Villians).  SO bring back Joker (T.A.S.) (because i don't like the ape looking, rags wearing, shoelessand bigfooted Joker from the Batman, (who technically is not apart of this DC universe) AND LET'S MAKE A MOVIE!!

(By the way...)  Who can tell me some of the other famous sidekick?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Darknight57

[2]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 10
    I can't think of much that sidekicks would have added. Bringing them in would make it complicated to see them as equal team members, when I see Green Lantern and Green Arrow together in the league I think of them as equals but if I saw Batman and Robin in the league I wouldn't be able to help seeing Batman as the superior. With Batman and Robin or Green Arrow and Speedy or any superhero/sidekick duo, it's exactly as their titles suggest one is the hero and the others a sidekick. In a team like Justice League you must be able to consider them all basicly on the same level as each other, obviously strength levels and powers will vary but in the end they are all more or less as expirienced and in the same league. It's inevitable that if a team had a bunch of superheros and a bunch of sidekicks the heros would not consider the sidekicks on the same level as them and would not allow them on certain missions, think the new recruits in "X-men : Evolution". I guess you could have an episode with the sidekicks taking on a big mission to prove they were just as expirienced as the older members, but honestly who wants to see that ?
    Edited on 11/03/2006 4:50am

-Blackstar-

[3]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 8
    Darknight57 wrote:
    I can't think of much that sidekicks would have added. Bringing them in would make it complicated to see them as equal team members, when I see Green Lantern and Green Arrow together in the league I think of them as equals but if I saw Batman and Robin in the league I wouldn't be able to help seeing Batman as the superior. With Batman and Robin or Green Arrow and Speedy or any superhero/sidekick duo, it's exactly as their titles suggest one is the hero and the others a sidekick. In a team like Justice League you must be able to consider them all basicly on the same level as each other, obviously strength levels and powers will vary but in the end they are all more or less as expirienced and in the same league. It's inevitable that if a team had a bunch of superheros and a bunch of sidekicks the heros would not consider the sidekicks on the same level as them and would not allow them on certain missions, think the new recruits in "X-men : Evolution". I guess you could have an episode with the sidekicks taking on a big mission to prove they were just as expirienced as the older members, but honestly who wants to see that ?

I agree. Except for having a "special" episode where the sidekicks set off on their own to prove themselves as heroes, I don't see them serving much purpose on the show.

jujutheking

[4]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 11

Darknight57 wrote:

agreed, and i don't think they need more hero's.

gondomwing

[5]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 3
    if u remember speedy already apeared in patriot act 

-Blackstar-

[6]Nov 3, 2006
    gondomwing wrote:
    if u remember speedy already apeared in patriot act

Chrisin99 already mentioned Speedy's cameo in the very first post of this thread.

Chrisin99

[7]Nov 4, 2006
    YOu wrote..." I guess you could have an episode with the sidekicks taking on a big mission to prove they were just as expirienced as the older members, but honestly who wants to see that ? "
    ANswer.... I would. As would alot of other DIE HEART Justice League Fans.

Darknight57

[8]Nov 4, 2006
    • level: 10
    Well I apologise, but the point I was trying to make is that an episode like that is basicly all that sidekicks would add to the show. Other than that what extra purpose could you imagine them adding ?

-Silverstar-

[9]Nov 4, 2006
    • level: 9
    The expression is Die HARD, like the Bruce Willis movies.

But I have to agree with the others here, aside from the requisite "sidekicks save the day on their own, thus proving themselves" story, I don't really see sidekicks adding anything noteworthy to the show. It wouldn't have made much sense having sidekicks in the League since the League was supposed to be the the cream of the crop (one of many reasons why Unlimited was a bad move). Plus, the heroes constantly having to worry about 'the kids' and straining to keep their 'little buddies' out of trouble while trying to save the world would've have been more of a hindrance than a help. It would be like going back to having the superheroes hanging out with 2 dorky kids and a dog in a cape.

heeroyuy2006

[10]Nov 5, 2006
    Another possibility might be to show the creation of Young Justice, the Outsiders (?), or the DCAU version of the Teen Titans. Of course, this would kinda fit the description of a "special episode" where the sidekicks set off on their own and prove themselves which was mentioned in previous posts.

The_Question84

[11]Nov 5, 2006
    • level: 1
    i agree a bit about leave the kids out of there, but it was funny having Speedy and Green Arrow there bickering. and the point of that episode was to show that the lesser heroes are still heroes and should be respected. so i don't see that much damage, but yea addin more of the kids to the show would ruin it. just add the adults to the kids show if u have to.

JusticeLeaguer

[12]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 61
    Chrisin99 wrote:
    I would. As would alot of other DIE HEART Justice League Fans.

And I understand that but where do you get off calling yourself a die hard fan? I mean... you know what no, I won't get into it. Anyway, the fact is that there is an embargo and this allows them to have multiple shows at the same time without making it confusing(TT,TB,JLU at the same time) and if you want a younger(sidekick) crowd, head over to Teen Titans. If I remember correctly the Teen Titans formed to get out of the shadows of their mentors.

jsnkid

[13]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 9
    The only one i really would like to se is Nightwing, he wouldnt be considered a sidekick anymore because he's grown up but it WOULD be awesome to have him as more then a mullet on a roof.

green_arrow92

[14]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 20
    I would've also liked to see nightwing.

Lena_Wayne15

[15]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 16
    A friend of mine and I doctored a theory that Donna Troy can technically exist in the DCAU. We went for the Post-COIE and Pre-Infinite Crisis origin where Donna existed before Wonder Woman and her Greek ties were to the Titans of Myth.

Knavehart

[16]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 12
    I loved the appearence of Speedy,(though i would have liked a nod to his Arsenal handle) but it made sense for him to show up there for a thematic reason (a appearence of the Original 7 Soliders of Freedom from the 40's )Green Arrow, Speedy, Stargirl (The Star spangled Kid), STRIPE (Stripsey), Vigilante and the Crimson Avenger. It was cool for the folks at WB animation to make the little teneuous ties between the JLU and TT series, but I think it was more for the fans than for any sort of series continuity.

Other sidekicks (for DC anyway) include Wing (the Crimson Avenger's Sidekick) Sandy the Golden Boy (Sandman's Sidekick), Stripsey (Star Spangled Kid's sidekick, and the rare occasion where the sidekick is the adult to the Hero being a youth)

I never considered Supergirl to be a sidekick tho, since her adventures very rarely had her assisting Superman (I mean what would be the point of needing Two Kryptonians backing each other up?)

Chrisin99

[18]Dec 3, 2006

JusticeLeaguer wrote, ...

"i agree a bit about leave the kids out of there, but it was funny having Speedy and Green Arrow there bickering. and the point of that episode was to show that the lesser heroes are still heroes and should be respected. so i don't see that much damage, but yea addin more of the kids to the show would ruin it. just add the adults to the kids show if u have to. "

I love this episode. Seeing the two of them together again, in this episode name "The Patriot". And like you said, seeing the bicker, or talking so comfortably with one another, just really made this episode STAND OUT!! AND SHINE ABOVE THE OTHERS!!

Edited on 12/03/2006 11:59pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Chrisin99

[19]Dec 3, 2006

JSNKID worte, "The only one i really would like to se is Nightwing, he wouldnt be considered a sidekick anymore because he's grown up but it WOULD be awesome to have him as more then a mullet on a roof. "

I agree. Nightwing is a fully grown adult, and out of the shadow of Batman. And is now his own Superhero. So what other, (former) side kicks would falls under this catagory? Speedy? Who else?

Edited on 12/03/2006 11:58pm

-Blackstar-

[20]Dec 4, 2006
    Many of the original Teen Titans (from the comics, I mean, not the TV show); Speedy, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Aqualad, are former teen sidekicks.