Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Who is smarter?

-Blackstar-

[21]Oct 17, 2006
    • level: 8
    phillipejr wrote:
    (I think u need to learn how to read)

Listen, could we not fight anymore? This is beyond played out. I'd like to get back to discussing the show, if that's OK with you.

OK, I think we have successfully concluded that the smartest person in the League is not Batman. I would probably say it's either Ray Palmer or Mr. Terrific. Or possibly J'onn, since he's lived the longest and he can literally go into peoples' heads.
    Edited on 10/17/2006 3:15pm
    Edited 5 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

phillippejr

[23]Oct 17, 2006
    • level: 4

-Silverstar- wrote:
    phillipejr wrote:
    Batman>>>JL(I was talking about the topic.I said smarter not him being my fav character.)

If you bothered to make your points clear and understandable from the beginning, you wouldn't have to keep backtracking to explain yourself.
    :
    I never admitted that he wasn't the smartest in the league.

Well he most likely isn't, so you should.
    :
    (I think u need to learn how to read)
    You used that lame insult before. It wasn't funny or clever the first time you said it either. I'm just soaking up the irony of someone whose text resembles that of a retarded monkey trying to type while weaing boxing gloves accusing someone else of being illiterate. Type ONE legible post with no mispelled words in it for once and I might take you seriously.

My points were clear.I don't like to flee away from the topic at hand.U(yes still using it because i could) u should of known what the topic was.

-Silverstar-

[24]Oct 17, 2006
    • level: 9
    For pity's sake, stop trying to start a fight all the time. It's seriously getting old.

Can we get back on-topic, please?
    Edited on 10/17/2006 3:14pm

phillippejr

[25]Oct 17, 2006

-Silverstar- wrote:
    For pity's sake, stop trying to start a fight all the time. It's seriously getting old.

Can we get back on-topic, please?

I have been on topic until u decided to call me illiterate.I have been on topic the whole time before you insulted me.

Psi-Lord

[26]Oct 17, 2006
    • level: 1
    Good God, it doesn't matter who started it. Just end it already!!

FTR, Star never called you illiterate. He just said that you type like one, which you do, actually.

I've been lurking here for some time, and you never know when to quit. You just keep yammeering on and on and on. And whichever Star said that you always have to have the last word is absolutely correct! Do you practice this behaviour, or are just generally a pissed-off prick For the love of God, just shut the hell up so this thread can get back on topic already! Also, you're the one who's been draggin this forum off-topic with your stupid Batman remarks, and you're the one who started the argument, not either Star person.
    Edited on 10/17/2006 7:08pm

Psi-Lord

[27]Oct 17, 2006
    OH yeaH. Before Stoopid Jr takes this threaad off-topic again, I say the smartest is Martian Manhunter.

phillippejr

[28]Oct 18, 2006

Psi-Lord wrote:
    Good God, it doesn't matter who started it. Just end it already!! FTR, Star never called you illiterate. He just said that you type like one, which you do, actually. I've been lurking here for some time, and you never know when to quit. You just keep yammeering on and on and on. And whichever Star said that you always have to have the last word is absolutely correct! Do you practice this behaviour, or are just generally a pissed-off prick For the love of God, just shut the hell up so this thread can get back on topic already! Also, you're the one who's been draggin this forum off-topic with your stupid Batman remarks, and you're the one who started the argument, not either Star person.

How did i start it if he is the one who quoted me.I just responded to the topic and he starts it.U STF^

Psi-Lord

[29]Oct 18, 2006
    FOR GOD'S SAKE, GET OVER YOURSELF, YA STUPID DOUCHEEBAG!1 THIS THREAD IS ABOUT WHOS THE SMARETEST IS THE JUSTICE LEAGUE! IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU AND YOUR ISSUES!!!11 POST SOMETHING ON-TOPIC OR SHUT THE F**K UP!!!

-Blackstar-

[30]Oct 18, 2006
    Whoa! Settle down, dude. This thread could get modded or locked for that sort of thing! Listen, I think we've wasted enough time with this nonsense. I don't care who started it. I try to get this thread back on topic, but Phillipe still wants to rant and rave about who started the fight because he insists on being the "right man". Point is: he only gets off because you guys keep responding to his rants. I propose we give him the same treatment that we would an annoying troll and simply ignore his posts. Don't feed the trolls, shove them back under the bridge. If Phillipe wants to argue, he can do it with himself from now on. Who's with me?

Commencing ignoring of Phillippe..................NOW!

And with that, I may as well post my last thoughts on the topic again, just in case they got lost in the jungle:
    I wrote:
    OK, I think we have successfully concluded that
    the smartest person in the League is not Batman. I would probably say
    it's either Ray Palmer or Mr. Terrific. Or possibly J'onn, since he's
    lived the longest and he can literally go into peoples' heads.

Edited on 10/18/2006 2:15pm
    Edited 2 total times.

-Silverstar-

[31]Oct 18, 2006
    Psi-Lord, don't get yourself in trouble over Phillippe. He's not worth it. He's just an immature, argumentative egomaniac. Psychologically speaking, he's the classic exapmple of a "Right Man", someone whose fault it never is. No matter what the situation, it's always someone else who's to blame, not him. If he were to slip on a crack in the street, he'd get ticked off at the crack and accuse it of getting in his way, or he'd accuse the man who paved the sidewalk of deliberately putting that crack there just so he'd trip on it. Classic Right Man. Right Men will blame the air around them before they blame themselves for anything. Take it from someone who knows, it's impossible to win a debate with Phillippe, because he doesn't listen to anyone other than himself, he only hears what he wants to hear, he thinks he's never wrong, and he overracts about everything. He'll turn the most minute detail into a Federal case. And as you can see, he ALWAYS has to get the last word in, even when everyone else has long since stopped caring. Santayana said that "a fanatic is someone who redoubles his attack once he has lost sight of his goal", and that describes this kid to a T. I'm with Blackstar: from now on, let's just ignore Phillippe. Don't respond to anything he says. He wants to be right, I say we let the baby have his bottle and allow him to think he's right. He wants to be angry, so I say we just let him be angry while the rest of us continue with the topic. Which was what again? Oh yeah, the smart thing.

In response to what the lurker said, the smartest could be J'onn, but he's not very technological or especially Earth savvy. But he has lived for a millenium, so he surely must possess some wisdom. I don't think J'onn is THE smartest in the League, but he's likely in the Top 5 or Top 10.
    Edited on 10/18/2006 3:05pm
    Edited 8 total times.

doug4ever

[32]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 10
    i think the smartest is batman i think hes the smartest and plus why are you guys using such inapropriat launguage

-Silverstar-

[33]Oct 18, 2006
    I wasn't aware that the words "ignorant", "egomaniac" and "psychological" were inappropriate language.

Anyways, we've discussed this already (before the storm started), but for those who missed it, here it is once again: I definitely think that Batman is among the smartest in the League, but I don't think he's THE smartest. Sure, Batsy has tons of gadgets to play with, but only a handful were actually invented by him. Keep in mind, he has hired a lot of folks to invent his tech for him, and he was taught a lot of what he knows by scholars and kung fu masters and the like. Plus, his scientific know-how pales in comparison with other big-brains like Luthor or Ray Plamer (The Atom). Finally, if Batman were really the smartest in the League, he wouldn't have laid-out schematics to take out every other member of the League, and then been foolish enough to leave them around so they could conveniently get stolen.
    Edited on 10/18/2006 2:53pm
    Edited 4 total times.

-Blackstar-

[34]Oct 18, 2006
    doug4ever wrote:
    i think the smartest is batman i think hes the smartest and plus why are you guys using such inapropriat launguage

"You guys"? What did I say? The only person who cursed was Psi_Lord. But to answer your 1st question; Nah, we've covered that already. Batman is indeed smart, as well as a fast learner and an adapter, but he's not the smartest person in the League (and certainly not the smartest person in th DCU). The Atom (Ray Palmer) and Mr. Terrific are both experts in their respective fileds (science and mechanics/robotics). Batman has next to no knowledge in those fileds, therefore, he doesn't know everything. If he did, then guys like Atom and Mr. Terrific and Steel wouldn't be needed in the League.
    Edited on 10/18/2006 2:59pm
    Edited 2 total times.

doug4ever

[35]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 10
    okay how about atom

-Silverstar-

[36]Oct 18, 2006
    Ray Plamer is indeed an excellent scientist and his knowledge of microbiotics is unparalelled, but he's not a mechanical expert like John Henry Irons, nor is he a master of unarmed combat like Bruce or Diana.

Honestly, I don't think that there is a single smartest league member, since everyone is an expert in some respective field. But I would probably say that J'onn, Batman, Steel, Mr. Terrific or Atom were in the top tier. (If Superman were still like he was in the Silver Age when he had a computer-like brain and could instantly understand any known language and so on, then I'd put him on that list as well.)
    Edited on 10/20/2006 7:32pm

jujutheking

[37]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 11

doug4ever wrote:

agreed

-Silverstar-

[38]Oct 20, 2006
    jujutheking wrote:

doug4ever wrote:

agreed

Cut the crap, Phillippe. We all know it's you. You've created a new account just so you can continue arguing about this. Real mature. Don't be stupid. If you've got suspended, just wait out your sentence; a move like this is only to land you into more trouble. But if you've been banned, well, you're about to get banned again.

:Reported:
    Edited on 10/21/2006 10:21am
    Edited 3 total times.

jujutheking

[39]Oct 21, 2006
    • level: 11
    -Silverstar- wrote:
    jujutheking wrote:

doug4ever wrote:

agreed

"Agreed"? You agree with what, exactly? Batman being the smartest or "us guys" using inappropriate language? In each case, I stand by my original statements. See above. ^^

"U" know who this is right?I was agreeing with him.

-Blackstar-

[40]Oct 21, 2006
    jujutheking wrote:
    -Silverstar- wrote:
    jujutheking wrote:

doug4ever wrote:

agreed

"Agreed"? You agree with what, exactly? Batman being the smartest or "us guys" using inappropriate language? In each case, I stand by my original statements. See above. ^^

"U" know who this is right?I was agreeing with him.

Yeah, I know exactly who you are. We know that it's you, Phillippe. You created another account for yourself. Just when I thought that you couldn't get any lamer. The problem with you is that you don't know when to quit. Do you ever plan to get back on topic? Or do you plan to waste even more of everyone's time with this s**t? Because if all you want to do is talk about this bloody stupid argument, you doing it alone. We've all moved on.

Let this thing drop or you're going to get reported for trolling.
    Edited on 10/21/2006 9:55am
    Edited 3 total times.