Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Who is your favorite or least favorite Justice League Founding Member?

TubbytheCat

[41]Aug 30, 2008
    • level: 3

Favorite: The Flash. Gotta Love him, cause of his sense of humor. Even during the worst situations he's able to crack a one liner. And c'mon he's the fastest man alive. Batman is 2nd because...he's batman! Shayera is in 3rd for being an awesome fighter!

Shayera: "Who's hand is that?"

The Flash: "Sorry!"

I don't really have a least favorite member because they are all great. Don't know why everybody is hating on wonderwoman though....Somebody's jealous...hehe just kidding

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RHam_01

[42]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 14
    Favorite has gotta be Superman.

Least favorite... hmmm... well I really like them all. But if I absolutely had to choose i'd say Green Lantern. I prefer the Hal Jordan Green Lantern to John Stewart.

watever393

[43]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 10

RHam_01 wrote:
    Favorite has gotta be Superman. Least favorite... hmmm... well I really like them all. But if I absolutely had to choose i'd say Green Lantern. I prefer the Hal Jordan Green Lantern to John Stewart.

Yeah, Johns great but Hal is fearless.

jwgrlrrajn

[44]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 23
    watever393 wrote:

RHam_01 wrote:
    Favorite has gotta be Superman. Least favorite... hmmm... well I really like them all. But if I absolutely had to choose i'd say Green Lantern. I prefer the Hal Jordan Green Lantern to John Stewart.

Which is another word for reckless, stupid, foolhardy, etc...

maya14belle

[45]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 8
    maya14belle wrote:
    MoreCowbell1255 wrote:

I usually don't go for "badass" characters. So, I really didn't like Hawkgirl in the first two seasons. I just can't stand it sometimes.

Martian Manhunter: (trying to phase through a forcefield) (Shock) AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawkgirl: Hmmm, that didn't work, huh? Let me try. HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! (Shock)

I know not all superheroes are geniuses like Batman, but it doesn't hurt to have some common sense. I would think it's obvious that if someone can't pass through something like a ghost, then a mace isn't gonna go through it either. You don't touch something that's labeled "High Voltage." That scene just made me think of Hawkgirl as a baby trying to suck on an electrical socket.

Batman being smart and more than just a badass allows me to not hate him.

Here's my ranking:

1. Superman (Not as cool in Season 1, but he was awesome in Season 2. When he uses his other powers, he's so much cooler.)

2. Martian Manhunter (Same as Superman. Not as cool in Season 1, but he uses his other abilities more in Season 2 and didn't become paralyzed by headaches.)

3. Batman (Just a great character, lots of depth, not a typical "badass" character)

4. Flash (Improved a lot in Season 2, his humor was less campy and cliche, and he did a lot more with his speed which was cool)

5. Wonder Woman (I know she's a great role model for young women and she shows that women are as strong as men if not stronger, and I respect that and like that about her character, but episodes where they go to Themiscara or however it's spelled, I hated having to listen to her and her friends talk about how the world would be so much better without men. "They can't possibly be that essential to life in your world." - Wonder Woman discussing men with Hawkgirl. That and hearing "Hera, give me strength" all the time gets annoying, too. Radical Feminist + Jehova's Witness = Wonder Woman.)

6. Green Lantern (Just not that interesting a character to me. It just seemed like his main purpose was to be a contrast to Flash)

7. Hawkgirl (For reasons stated earlier: Ill-tempered, impulsive, and at times, stupid)

Thinking back on it now, I might need to re-order the lowest three. I'm thinking Wonder Woman might be my least favorite now.

When Diana says "Hera, give me strength," it helps to increase her powers. Not trying to force you to change your opinion, but I hate it when people say that statement is annoying since it helps Diana in battle. Also, she lived in a world without men. You can't blame her for wondering why men are necessary.

Also I want to say my own rankings for the founding members.

1. Hawkgirl- I like her more in season 1 and 2. I found it fascinating how she was ill-tempered, saucy, impulsive, and war-like, but also still senstive and caring. I also liked her relationship with Green Lantern. I still liked her though in JLU. I was glad that she was more mature, even though I occasionally found her a bit dull.

2. Wonder Woman- I found her interesting for her distrust of men and always wondered when she will accept them. I also liked her relationship with Batman. I felt though in JLU that I hated her when she distrusted Shayera.

3. Batman- I found his cold, stoic, dark, and brooding personality interesting. I also liked his friendship with Superman and relationship with Wonder Woman.

4. Green Lantern- I liked how his serious personality contrasted with those who were less serious and his relationship with Hawkgirl in Jl.

5. Flash- I find Flash highly funny at times and I liked how he proves to be significant to the team than he seems to be at times.

6. Superman- I find Superman fascinating at times, but also dull.

7. J'onn- I focus more on the other characters and do not always pay attention to J'onn. I find him slightly interesting though when I do.

Despite what I say about J'onn, I truly do not have a least founding member. Sorry to repeat myself, but J'onn's distrust of humanity makes him interesting at times.

watever393

[46]Sep 3, 2008
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    watever393 wrote:

RHam_01 wrote:

Reckless, yes. Everything else, no.

jwgrlrrajn

[47]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 23
    watever393 wrote:
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    watever393 wrote:

RHam_01 wrote:

Stupid and foolhardy in this case means, "getting into something without thinking about it first"

watever393

[48]Sep 6, 2008
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    watever393 wrote:
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    watever393 wrote:

RHam_01 wrote:

Stupid and foolhardy in this case means, "getting into something without thinking about it first"

I think he usually thinks about it.

I think hes a lot more fearless than John. For instance, when asked if he thinks this is the end, he simply says "What're you talking about? This is the life, Wally. I'll see you tomorrow.

RHam_01

[49]Sep 7, 2008
    watever393 wrote:

RHam_01 wrote:

I also love Kyle. He's a great character. But Hal is the best Green Lantern. I'd probably rate John third after Hal and Kyle.

watever393

[50]Sep 7, 2008
    RHam_01 wrote:
    watever393 wrote:

RHam_01 wrote:

I also love Kyle. He's a great character. But Hal is the best Green Lantern. I'd probably rate John third after Hal and Kyle.

Same here.

scotchex2

[51]Sep 9, 2008

Well, Batman is Batman and basically made of awesome so he's the favorite.

Martian Manhunter is probably the least, I don't like telepathy as a super power for some reason.

watever393

[52]Sep 9, 2008
    Why not?

RHam_01

[53]Sep 10, 2008
    watever393 wrote:
    Why not?

Yeah.. why not? It makes him one of the most useful JLA members in group missions.

dbcsdragon

[54]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 12
    scotchex2 wrote:

Well, Batman is Batman and basically made of awesome so he's the favorite.

Martian Manhunter is probably the least, I don't like telepathy as a super power for some reason.

Personally, I loved MM. But I can see how telepathy would be an unfair advantage. For anyone (except Thanagarians) he can read their mind and know what move they are going to do next. But he doesn't seem to use it as a weapon, but rather as information gathering. At least he respescts other's privacy and keeps his mind to himself. *picturing Lwaxana Troi of ST:TNG*

mobbs456

[55]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 16

I do not like Green Lantern. Although he's design was good i didn't like John Stewart's harsh attitude (though this did improve as the show progressed, especially towards Supergirl and Shayera)

J'ohnn Jonzz was great he was funny at times (especially the way he fought with villains/monsters)

Flash was OK but he did slightly grate my cheese in the early episodes. in Unlimited however he seemed a genuine Hero

Wonder Woman was also good i am surprised people do not like her. She was drawn OK as well and voice actress suited her. She had great Chemistry with Batman and all the best lines: "Why would someone need freezing gas onboard?" "I had to freeze the Gotham River once - long story" replies Batman.

Hawkgirl/Shayera is a firm favourite. Beautiful, Angellic (well the wings anyway) and a tough fighter. Glad she came back.

Superman. Big Blue, the heart-core of the League is an all time favourite, especially in Unlimited. Superman pushed to the limits was interesting to watch and he has quite a temper doesn't he. George Newburn - Greatest. Superman. err Except C. Reeve!

Batman is Batman he is the coolest member of the league and the most down-to-earth. Best Lines:

"Let me tell you something if you don't tell me!" Whispers something to a worried Deadshot

"What did he say?" Asks WW "You dont want to know!" Replies Superhearing Superman.

horvathgamer

[56]Oct 12, 2008
    • level: 8
    I'd have to say green lantern was my fav, this show turned the john stewart version into one of my all time fav heroes. i'm a sucker for the romance, and he was the centerpoint of some of my fav episodes (justice guild, the cult one, not to mention his role in the second movie was awesome

HawkGirl024

[57]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 4
    I dont have a "least favorite character" but i have a favorite one: Hawkgirl & Green Lantern (They're relationship is so cute ops

Genetic_Code

[58]Dec 2, 2008
    Here are my thoughts on the characters in general.

Superman: This is my favorite superhero of all time. Naturally, I would expect him to be my favorite going in, and I liked Tim Daly so I was suspicious of George Newbern especially of what I've heard of him. However, I felt that it was a smooth transition for the most part. I still prefer Daly but I adjusted within the first episode to Newbern. I also didn't have much of a problem with the character design in the first season. In fact, besides, the cheeks, I think I prefer it over the JLU design.

Wonder Woman: I haven't really been fully acquainted with Wonder Woman. I never watched the 70s series nor have I read a lot of comic books with her as a prominent character. Only Kingdom Come comes to mind. However, I was impressed with her. She showed herself to be superior to Superman and she was a good character on the team. She was a bit hostile at times, but I liked her characterization a lot and the episodes that focused on her were some of the better episodes of the series, in my opinion.

Batman: I couldn't get into the first animated series with Batman as well as I could with Superman. Maybe it was the fact that the scenery felt like it was stuck in the 50s, which could explain why I like the Gotham in The New Batman Adventures more. Regardless, Kevin Conroy is Batman and I liked him. I still prefer his design from TNBA, but JLU was still nice and better than the original suit from BTAS. I liked his personality as well and his "never quit" attitude.

J'onn J'onzz: The Martian Manhunter is much like a combination of Superman and Batman. He has Batman's cool pressure but Superman's abilities. I like that. I think that J'onn was necessary for the pilot's story but I was initially concerned, because I've never really felt attached to him much of what I've read in the comics. He stills comes off as weak simply because he doesn't feel human enough throughout the entire series, but it introduces a different element in the lineup and I like that.

The Flash: I thought this guy was a joke. Well, I generally don't take comedy lightly but this was animated and we're dealing with a series televised for series, and there were a few jokes that felt a bit hokey for my tastes, such as the majority of the Christmas special in Season 2, but I found myself laughing at anything the Flash had to say. Yes, the Justice Lords fell apart without him, but to be honest, I still don't see how he was a major contribution to the time, with the exception of a few times where only his light speed could bail out of a jam, like in "Eclipsed". I felt that he had the most potential of the League but he rarely tapped into it and it was surprising to me to know that he was a founding member. I do remember in Hereafter, the Flash joking about how he could play around with villains because Superman was always there for support, and I thought that was a good way to explain the Flash's indifference to serious situations.

John Stewart: For a Green Lantern, I thought he was probably the best choice and I agree that the League could use some diversity. I liked his relationship with Shayera. It was really good. I liked his tough as nails attitude that he had, that was more open than Batman's, where as Batman wanted to do it alone, John seemed to want to use the best ability of everyone to get the job accomplished.

Shayera Hol: I was a skeptic of her. She was a newcomer to the League compared to other versions of the Justice League and I always wondered why Hawkgirl? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I've never liked the "girl" suffix to superhero counterparts, like "Supergirl" and "Wonder Girl". I initially thought that we were dealing with a younger character, but she was more mature than the Flash at least, even if she did hold some aggressive behavior. She was surprising. I think without her, John Stewart wouldn't have clicked. He probably wouldn't have been in synch, so I think she was necessary to complete the team, even more so than the Flash.

With much consideration, my favorites are in this order:

1. Wonder Woman
    2. Batman
    3. Superman
    4. Shayera Hol
    5. The Flash
    6. John Stewart
    7. J'onn J'onzz

Agh! It's so hard to decide!

cybertron22

[59]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 7
    My favorite will always be Batman because he is very serious and dark.

seto1

[60]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 16
    for my favorite member it would have to be the dark knight, his whole demeanor screams cool and awesome.MY LEAST favorite is hawk girl