Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Who is your favorite or least favorite Justice League Founding Member?

hueyf

[81]Jul 2, 2010
    • level: 6

My favorite is either batman or superman and my least is hawkgirl because she betrayed everybody for her own people

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Superchie

[82]Jul 10, 2010
    • level: 1

The Man of Steel is my favorite.

And I agree with other people. Wonder Woman makes Captain Marvel and Supergirl useless.

She's a female Superman -- Supergirl.

She is a magical version of Superman -- Captain Marvel.

And the fight between her and Superman, without her weapons WW should've been beaten to a pulp. She's overrated.

Superman, Flash, Martian, Lantern, Hawkgirl, Batman, Wonder Woman in that order.

Batman is near the bottom because he is overrated, too.

Edited on 07/10/2010 3:01pm
    Edited 2 total times.

nshinron

[83]Jul 12, 2010
    • level: 6

1. Superman

2. Batman

Paulywaulydoo

[84]Jul 18, 2010
    • level: 2

Batman has always been my favourite superhero, so naturally, he would be my favourite JL Founding member!

I don't know about my least favourite. I don't really hate any of them - I would just like the others more.

I think my listing would be:

1. Batman
    2. Hawkgirl/Shayera
    3. Flash
    4. Wonder Woman
    5. Green Lantern
    6. Superman
    7.Martian ManHunter

J'onn is bottom because I feel he wasn't used enough, and I couldn't warm to him as I did the others. Superman is second bottom because I never could warm to him, always opting for Batman.

Shayera is second top because, for a cartoon character, she's quite hot. Also, I like her powers, and her character, especially when Grundy died and when she resigned from the League.

Parsec54

[85]Mar 14, 2012
    • level: 20

This question isn't an easy one to answer as far as favorite founding member is concerned, especially since they messed around with the characters. In the actual comic, the original members were Aquaman, Wonderwoman, Martian Manhunter, the Flash, and Green Lantern "with cameo appearances by Superman and Batman", according to DC Comics Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle. Also, the Flash was NOT Wally West at the time, but Barry Allen and Hal Jordan was Green Lantern. With that line-up, it would also have been difficult to choose a favorite because Barry's Flash and Hal's Lantern were the versions of the characters I liked the most. Wonder Woman hadn't appealed to me until George Perez revamped her back in the 80's, and unfortunately, the comics version of the Martian Manhunter never DID appeal to me. It wasn't until this show (Justice League) started that the Manhunter started to grow on me. I still don't like Wally as the main Flash as much as I liked Barry, but I have to admit, he did shine at times in this series. Hawkgirl (or Hawkwoman -- however you refer to her) always appealed to me, as did a few of the other female "counterparts" of the main heroes, like Batgirl and Supergirl, but as usual, she was very seldom used, so I was glad to see her given some space on this show. Batman was always one of my favorite heroes, ever since I was a child untold decades ago... I can't say the show's version of him is my favorite, but it's better than some I've seen. Before his revamp in the 80's, Superman always struck me as boring (at least in the comics), but at least in this show he was toned down enough so that the others weren't basically redundant.

Unfortunately,my least favorite character in the show, of the original seven anyway, is the choice they made for Green Lantern. It never made sense to me why they brought in someone else when there was already a human Green Lantern in Hal Jordan. It had nothing to do with his being Black, either, because I wasn't all that thrilled when they had killed Hal off in the comics and brought in Kyle. I just happened to like Hal better. Always have and always will so John Stewart would have to be my answer to least favorite. As far as who would be my favorite, I think I'd still have to go with Batman. I guess then, my list from favorite to least would go like this: Batman, Hawkgirl, Wonderwoman, Flash, Superman, Martian Manhunter, and John Stewart/Green Lantern.