Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Who's the strongest Justice League hero/villain?

DoctorShade

[21]Jan 25, 2007
    • level: 28
    Strongest Villian: Amazo, no contest...once he goes over to the good guy side, Cadmus is the most powerful anti-JL force, until Lex/Branac come in.
    Strongest Hero: I'd hate to admit it, but Superman. Usually I'd say Batman but I know that if Superman and Batman got into a fight Batman would surely lose without the use of kriptonite. Unless of course he had access the the Batman Beyond suit from the year 2039. Coming in close second would be J'onn, but I still believe Superman's speed could overcome J'onn.
    Edited on 01/25/2007 10:05am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

-Silverstar-

[22]Jan 25, 2007
    • level: 9
    DoctorShade wrote:
    Strongest Villian: Amazo, no contest...once he goes over to the good guy side, Cadmus is the most powerful anti-JL force, until Lex/Branac come in.
    Strongest Hero: I'd hate to admit it, but Superman. Usually I'd say Batman but I know that if Superman and Batman got into a fight Batman would surely lose without the use of kriptonite. Unless of course he had access the the Batman Beyond suit from the year 2039. Coming in close second would be J'onn, but I still believe Superman's speed could overcome J'onn.

AMAZO's a Gary Stu; Gary Stus don't count.

And why do you hate to admit that Superman's strong? He is one of the strongest beings in the DCU. Why is it so hard to just give Big Blue his props? Supes is just as much an iconic figure in DC Comics as Batman is. You Batfans need to get over the Superman hate, seriously. I mean, even BATMAN respects Superman, so why can't you?
    Edited on 01/25/2007 5:25pm

rowley8912

[23]Jan 25, 2007
    • level: 8
    Isn't it obviously the Android? I mean he can't possibly lose any fight

DoctorShade

[25]Jan 25, 2007
    • level: 28
    -Silverstar- wrote:
    DoctorShade wrote:

And why do you hate to admit that Superman's strong? He is one of the strongest beings in the DCU. Why is it so hard to just give Big Blue his props? Supes is just as much an iconic figure in DC Comics as Batman is. You Batfans need to get over the Superman hate, seriously. I mean, even BATMAN respects Superman, so why can't you?

I never said I hated superman, As a matter a fact I own Smallville Seasons 1-5, I just ordered Superman The Animated Series seasons 1-3. I like Superman a lot but if you ask me, "Who do you like Better Batman or Superman" I'll say Batman. I own seasons 1-4 of Batman the Animated Series on DVD as well as JL 1-3, Batman Beyond 1-2. See I like them both or else I wouldn't bother buying DVDs that star Superman if I didn't like him.

-Silverstar-

[26]Jan 26, 2007
    Don't worry 'bout it, m'man. Just yankin' yer chain.

gamerboy190

[27]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 18
    -Silverstar- wrote:
    DoctorShade wrote:

I agree, but I ain't hatin' on Supes. I respect him, but I just love Batman.

Orpheus2017

[28]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 3
    The strongest hero in terms of strength is J'onn Jonnz, but they couldn't tell you that for fear of taking away Superman's Spotlight, otherwise everyone knows it, you really shouldn't count on this show to get any useful info on these characters; Me myself only 3 months ago found out that the Martian Manhunter was Clark's High school Civics teacher in order to keep an eye on him( DC comics Encyclopedia). He could "phase" out Flash's lungs or bones if he were to attack him, not to mention his strong telepathy abilities even among his people which contributed to his occupation as Manhunter on Mars. The Strongest Villain is Darkseid, he possess the intelligence and cruelty necessary to rule Apokolips,Superman defeated him once in front of all the humans(if their are any) on Apokolips, and they just helped him to his feet, now that's true power, for your slaves are but a knife's edge from freedom, and instead they choose to spare you.
    Edited on 03/23/2007 9:53pm

Link3455

[29]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 14
    I'm going to say J'onn and Darkseid in terms of power, but Batman is my favorite.

Hyou_Gattai

[30]Mar 24, 2007

Hero: (in terms of power: "strength etc...") Martian Manhunter

Villian : Lex Luthor

Edited on 03/24/2007 11:45am

-Blackstar-

[31]Mar 24, 2007
    Orpheus2017 wrote:
    The strongest hero in terms of strength is J'onn Jonnz, but they couldn't tell you that for fear of taking away Superman's Spotlight, otherwise everyone knows it, you really shouldn't count on this show to get any useful info on these characters; Me myself only 3 months ago found out that the Martian Manhunter was Clark's High school Civics teacher in order to keep an eye on him( DC comics Encyclopedia). He could "phase" out Flash's lungs or bones if he were to attack him, not to mention his strong telepathy abilities even among his people which contributed to his occupation as Manhunter on Mars. The Strongest Villain is Darkseid, he possess the intelligence and cruelty necessary to rule Apokolips,Superman defeated him once in front of all the humans(if their are any) on Apokolips, and they just helped him to his feet, now that's true power, for your slaves are but a knife's edge from freedom, and instead they choose to spare you.

So you're saying that J'onn is physically stronger than Superman because he's lived longer than him? Also, I disagree with you that Superman is a spotlight hog. Give me some examples of Superman hogging the spotlight, I can probably counterpoint any one of them. Naturally, Supes is going to get a fair amount of camera time on the show. He is one of the Trinity and an alpha dog in the DCU. Superman is practically DC comics' trademark character; the way that Spider Man is to Marvel comics. You may not like that fact, but you'd be a fool to deny it.

And the cold, hard truth is that while MM can physically match Supes' strength physically for about a minute, he would begin to strain under the pressure shortly afterwards. The shows' producers intentionally de-emphasized J'onn's super strength on the show for fear that he would come off like a Superman clone with little originality to him. Bruce Timm instead chose to place more emphasis on J'onn telepathic and shapshifting abilities.

I agree with you about Darksied being strong. However, the fact that his people helped him to his feet isn't necessarily a measure of Darksied's own power. That's more like his people worshipping him like a god. In his weakened state, they could have easily killed him at that point if they had wanted to. They helped him out of love, not fear.
    Edited on 03/24/2007 4:12pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Hyou_Gattai

[32]Mar 24, 2007
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    Superman is practically DC comics' trademark character; the way that Spider Man is to Marvel comics
    mmm true about the supes part, but spidey isn't the marvel symbol, its wolverine (x-men) actually

gamerboy190

[33]Mar 24, 2007
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    Orpheus2017 wrote:

So you're saying that J'onn is physically stronger than Superman because he's lived longer than him? Also, I disagree with you that Superman is a spotlight hog. Give me some examples of Superman hogging the spotlight, I can probably counterpoint any one of them. Naturally, Supes is going to get a fair amount of camera time on the show. He is one of the Trinity and an alpha dog in the DCU. Superman is practically DC comics' trademark character; the way that Spider Man is to Marvel comics. You may not like that fact, but you'd be a fool to deny it.

And the cold, hard truth is that while MM can physically match Supes' strength physically for about a minute, he would begin to strain under the pressure shortly afterwards. The shows' producers intentionally de-emphasized J'onn's super strength on the show for fear that he would come off like a Superman clone with little originality to him. Bruce Timm instead chose to place more emphasis on J'onn telepathic and shapshifting abilities.

I agree with you about Darksied being strong. However, the fact that his people helped him to his feet isn't necessarily a measure of Darksied's own power. That's more like his people worshipping him like a god. In his weakened state, they could have easily killed him at that point if they had wanted to. They helped him out of love, not fear.

Well articulated, my friend.

-Blackstar-

[34]Mar 24, 2007
    Hyou_Gattai wrote:
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    Superman is practically DC comics' trademark character; the way that Spider Man is to Marvel comics
    mmm true about the supes part, but spidey isn't the marvel symbol, its wolverine (x-men) actually

I'm not so sure about that, amigo. Spider Man's creation preceded Wolverine's. Spidey's comic debut was in Amazing Fantasy, issue #15, 1962. Wolverine's 1st appearance was in Incredible Hulk, issue #180, October 1974. Besides that, when you visit Marvel.Com, whose face do you see plastered at the top of the page? Spider Man's.
    Edited on 03/24/2007 7:54pm

-Silverstar-

[35]Mar 24, 2007
    Not to drag this too far off-topic, but Black's right. Spider-Man is Marvel's trademark character. Spidey basically made Marvel what it is today. He was the first teenage superhero to be a hero in his own right, rather than just being a sidekick to some adult hero, plus he's the admitted favorite character of Stan Lee. Just about every major Marvel character, from Daredevil to the Fantastic Four to Thor to Nick Fury to the Avengers to the Silver Surfer to the X-Men has crossed over with Spidey at some stage. Wolverine is popular too, but he was created in the wake of Spider-Man's success.
    Edited on 03/24/2007 8:02pm

Hyou_Gattai

[36]Mar 25, 2007
    -Silverstar- wrote:
    Not to drag this too far off-topic, but Black's right. Spider-Man is Marvel's trademark character. Spidey basically made Marvel what it is today. He was the first teenage superhero to be a hero in his own right, rather than just being a sidekick to some adult hero, plus he's the admitted favorite character of Stan Lee. Just about every major Marvel character, from Daredevil to the Fantastic Four to Thor to Nick Fury to the Avengers to the Silver Surfer to the X-Men has crossed over with Spidey at some stage. Wolverine is popular too, but he was created in the wake of Spider-Man's success.
    i just saw an E! special about comic books, and, Stan Lee said that Wolverine was his trumph card,

-Silverstar-

[37]Mar 25, 2007
    A 'trump card' just means a guaranteed moneymaker. It has nothing to do with personal preference.

Hyou_Gattai

[38]Mar 25, 2007
    -Silverstar- wrote:
    A 'trump card' just means a guaranteed moneymaker. It has nothing to do with personal preference.
    but no one knows if Spidey is Lee's personal favorite

gamerboy190

[39]Mar 25, 2007
    -Silverstar- wrote:

I concur. Spiderman is the Superman of Marvel comics.

Hyou_Gattai

[40]Mar 25, 2007
    gamerboy190 wrote:
    -Silverstar- wrote:

I concur. Spiderman is the Superman of Marvel comics.
    ok let's get this over, you have your opinion and i have mine...fine with me