Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Will There Be a Season Six on the new CW network?

LordYoshi

[21]May 21, 2006
    • level: 15

There NEVER was a plan for a season 6.
    Flash and Aquaman both are going to be films in the future, no progress has been made on them yet.
    Wonder Woman is going to be the next one and is being made by Josh W, the creator of Buffy and Angel.
    Edited on 05/21/2006 7:52pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nishikaze

[22]May 22, 2006
    • level: 11
    I'll be looking forward to a Flash movie (so long as it's Wally West) but as for Aquaman... I think I'll pass.

-Blackstar-

[23]May 23, 2006
    • level: 8
    I'll watch a Flash movie, provided it's done well. A good Aquaman project seems to be an unattainable dream. It ought to be interesting to see some director's attempt at one, but I think I'll wait for the Aquaman movie to come out on DVD.

sylent_asassin

[24]May 24, 2006
    • level: 26
    Annihilator16 wrote:

It's a shame that there won't be a Season 6 a Season Six would have made me forget what is going on at DC Comics with Dan Didio's reign of terror with Inifite Crisis, 52 and One Year Later there's awful writing (5,000 different characters are involved in Infinite Crisis) and awful art (Infinite Crsis #7 had four pencillers and 3 inkers).

Yeah. I thought there were FAR too many insignificant characters and WAY too much BS in IC. If you ask me, I think they just filled the pages up with non relevant events just to have 7 issues. It could have been succinctly done better with 5 issues.

GreenAaron1017

[25]May 26, 2006
    • level: 1
    There already was a live action Flash in the early 90's you can buy at Ioffer.com. It failed miserably despite it being well done

-Blackstar-

[26]May 26, 2006
    I'm guessing you mean the Flash prime time live action series that ran on CBS in 1990 and starred John Wesley Shipp (with Mark Hammil doing a recurring guest spot as the Trickster).

divinematt

[27]May 26, 2006
    • level: 5
    The old Flash sereis was okay, but I do not think I will buy the series on DVD.

swtt

[28]May 26, 2006
    • level: 18
    I was hoping for a 6th season for TT and JLU but I don't think we will get one but maybe a movie for JLU I know there is one for TT.

nishikaze

[29]May 27, 2006
    omg swtt... give it up.

divinematt

[30]May 27, 2006
    I think we the viewers deserve some of the loose ends tied up.

-Blackstar-

[31]May 28, 2006

They gave us hundreds of hours of entertainment for free. What could they possibly owe us? If anything, we owe them.

And I really don't see all these "loose ends" people keep talking about with "Destroyer". What did you want? To see everyone die at the end? For every single hero and villian shown on camera to get a speaking part? That wouldn't have been economically feasible, nor would it have added anything to the story to have Fire and Ice ad the other characters talk. Did you want to see John to come back to Shayera? That would've been irrelevant to the plot of "Destroyer". Plus not everybody cared about that. Some of us (myself included) felt that the whole GL/HG/Vixen triangle was a colossal waste of time and went absolutely nowhere. But that's just me. Did you want to find out what happened to Darksied and Luthor? Are they alive or dead? What does it matter if there aren't going to be anymore episodes?

I thought "Destroyer" was fine. If WB and DC decide to to a follow up DTV to it, I'll watch it with anticipation, but I won't cry about it if they don't. Also, this post was not meant to be a diss, so please don't take it as such.
    Edited on 05/28/2006 7:26pm
    Edited 5 total times.

Woodpecker1940

[32]May 28, 2006
    • level: 6
    nishikaze wrote:

-Blackstar- wrote:
    nishikaze wrote:
    Wasn't there rumours floating around about a Flash series? Or am I just delusional?
    There are a couple of threads with people saying that they'd want to see a Flash series, but no news about there actually being one in the works.

Considing how popular Flash has become it would be a good idea... Certainly a better one that Aquaman IMO.

Did you mean live action or animation. I think a Aquaman cartoon would be a good spin off since he isn't part of the Justice League anymore.

Annihilator16

[33]May 28, 2006

An Aquaman animated series would not be too interesting, I'd rather see a Flash or Green Lantern series, but it better not be done in anime style like with The Batman, Teen Titans, The Man of Steel, and The Legion of Super-Heroes  Since there will not be a Season 6, I'm not distraught, Timm and Co, did a great job what more can I ask if there ever is a Justice League DTV I'll get it, though it better not be written as badly as Superman: Brainac Attacks!  

heeroyuy2006

[34]Jun 6, 2006
    A new season would be a dream come true, but with all the stupid embargos, it would probably be a train wreck. A JLU dtv would be great, but first I want them to complete Worlds Collide. As far as a series, I think any Flash series would either be in a different continuity or be before JL/JLU. Personally, I'd like a Kid Flash series which bridges the gulf between Teen Titans and the other DCAU series.

balletangel19

[35]Jun 6, 2006
    • level: 3
    Bruce Timm "IS" working a new project. Their not giving any hints on what it is, so we'll just have to what and see.

Supermeng

[36]Jun 6, 2006
    • level: 15
    heeroyuy2006 wrote:
    A new season would be a dream come true, but with all the stupid embargos, it would probably be a train wreck. A JLU dtv would be great, but first I want them to complete Worlds Collide. As far as a series, I think any Flash series would either be in a different continuity or be before JL/JLU. Personally, I'd like a Kid Flash series which bridges the gulf between Teen Titans and the other DCAU series.

Ah, but there is no gulf to be bridged.

-Silverstar-

[37]Jun 6, 2006
    • level: 9
    heeroguy2006 wrote:
    Personally, I'd like a Kid Flash series which bridges the gulf between Teen Titans and the other DCAU series.

You can expect the government to put Bullwinkle's face on Mt. Rushmore before that ever happens.

-Blackstar-

[38]Jun 6, 2006

heeroyuy2006 wrote:
    Personally, I'd like a Kid Flash series which bridges the gulf between Teen Titans and the other DCAU series.

You seem to be under the assumption that the Kid Flash who appeared in "Lightspeed" was Wally West, but there's no evidence to support that theory other than the fact that both KF and JL's Flash were voiced by Michael Rosenbaum. TT took place in it's own seperate continuity, not connected to any of the other DC shows The producers said it themselves. Unless someone on TT or until one of TT's writers or producers call Kid Flash "Wally", we can't assume that TT's Kid Flas was JL's Flash as a kid. Remember that in the episode titled "The Brave and the Bold", we saw Wally West getting his Flash powers as an adult, not a child.
    Edited on 06/06/2006 2:36pm
    Edited 4 total times.

JUSTAFANOFTV

[39]Jun 6, 2006
    I wouldn't be surprised if they continued on Batman Beyond.

-Silverstar-

[40]Jun 6, 2006
    • level: 9

JUSTAFANOFTV wrote:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they continued on Batman Beyond.

I Would. That's show's been over for years.
    Edited on 06/06/2006 6:51pm