Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Will There Be a Season Six on the new CW network?

heeroyuy2006

[41]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 8

-Blackstar- wrote:
    heeroyuy2006 wrote:
    Personally, I'd like a Kid Flash series which bridges the gulf between Teen Titans and the other DCAU series.
    You seem to be under the assumption that the Kid Flash who appeared in "Lightspeed" was Wally West, but there's no evidence to support that theory other than the fact that both KF and JL's Flash were voiced by Michael Rosenbaum. TT took place in it's own seperate continuity, not connected to any of the other DC shows The producers said it themselves. Unless someone on TT or until one of TT's writers or producers call Kid Flash "Wally", we can't assume that TT's Kid Flas was JL's Flash as a kid. Remember that in the episode titled "The Brave and the Bold", we saw Wally West getting his Flash powers as an adult, not a child.

It's been a long time since I've seen "The Brave and the Bold" so I don't remember that, but I'll take your word on it.  My believe that Teen Titans could fit in the DCAU was based on three things: I'd prefer to keep as many new shows as possible in the DCAU, according to Wikipedia's article "DC animated universe", Bruce Timm thought about having a TT/JLU crossover, but chose against it for "style and presentation reasons", and finally up to the time I read your post I didn't think there were any real continuity problems preventing TT's inclusion in the DCAU.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sylent_asassin

[42]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 26

-Silverstar- wrote:
    heeroguy2006 wrote:
    Personally, I'd like a Kid Flash series which bridges the gulf between Teen Titans and the other DCAU series.
    You can expect the government to put Bullwinkle's face on Mt. Rushmore before that ever happens.
    LMAO! Nice.

Bullwinkle: Hey, Rocky! Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Nothin' up my sleeve... PRESTO!!!

Rocky: Ewww. That looks like crap.

Bullwinkle: Oh, it's just the cartoon network.

Edited on 06/07/2006 9:17am

-Silverstar-

[43]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 9
    sylent_asassin wrote:

-Silverstar- wrote:
    heeroguy2006 wrote:
    You can expect the government to put Bullwinkle's face on Mt. Rushmore before that ever happens.
    LMAO! Nice.

Bullwinkle: Hey, Rocky! Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Nothin' up my sleeve... PRESTO!!!

Rocky: Ewww. That looks like crap.

Bullwinkle: Oh, it's just the cartoon network.

ROTFLMAO! Hi-larious!

-Blackstar-

[44]Jun 7, 2006
    heeroyuy2000 wrote:
    It's been a long time since I've seen "The Brave and the Bold" so I don't remember that, but I'll take your word on it. My believe that Teen Titans could fit in the DCAU was based on three things: I'd prefer to keep as many new shows as possible in the DCAU, according to Wikipedia's article "DC animated universe", Bruce Timm thought about having a TT/JLU crossover, but chose against it for "style and presentation reasons", and finally up to the time I read your post I didn't think there were any real continuity problems preventing TT's inclusion in the DCAU.
    Well, there was the little matter of Robin becoming Nightwing in the TT episode "How Long is Forever?", which was set 20 years into the future of the normal TT time. If TT took place in the DCAU, than this would suggest not only that TT's Robin was Dick Grayson, but it would also suggest that Teen Titans took place before the timeline of Batman: Gotham Knights, because Dick had already become Nightwing by the time of GK. But if TT's Robin was Tim Drake, then it was inaccurate to have Tim become Nightwing in the future, because Dick was the one who became Nightwing in the comics and in the DCAU, not Tim. That's a HUGE continuity problem, as I see it. Or at least, it would have been if TT was connected to the DCAU, which it wasn't.
    Edited on 06/07/2006 10:34am
    Edited 2 total times.

heeroyuy2006

[45]Jun 7, 2006

-Blackstar- wrote:
    heeroyuy2000 wrote:
    It's been a long time since I've seen "The Brave and the Bold" so I don't remember that, but I'll take your word on it. My believe that Teen Titans could fit in the DCAU was based on three things: I'd prefer to keep as many new shows as possible in the DCAU, according to Wikipedia's article "DC animated universe", Bruce Timm thought about having a TT/JLU crossover, but chose against it for "style and presentation reasons", and finally up to the time I read your post I didn't think there were any real continuity problems preventing TT's inclusion in the DCAU.
    Well, there was the little matter of Robin becoming Nightwing in the TT episode "How Long is Forever?", which was set 20 years into the future of the normal TT time. If TT took place in the DCAU, than this would suggest not only that TT's Robin was Dick Grayson, but it would also suggest that Teen Titans took place before the timeline of Batman: Gotham Knights, because Dick had already become Nightwing by the time of GK. But if TT's Robin was Tim Drake, then it was inaccurate to have Tim become Nightwing in the future, because Dick was the one who became Nightwing in the comics and in the DCAU, not Tim. That's a HUGE continuity problem, as I see it. Or at least, it would have been if TT was connected to the DCAU, which it wasn't.

My thinking was that Teen Titans happened before B:TAS or at least the events in it that weren't flashbacks.  However, the thing with Flash that was pointed out to me put the kabosh on that.  However, a crossover could still be done since the DCAU includes other dimensions/universes such as the one with the Justice Lords.  However, there's still the style differences that would make that difficult.

Supermeng

[46]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 15
    Alternate dimension is really the only way you'd ever be able to tie TT with JLU.

Aldrius

[47]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 10
    Yeah, I think TT is really just an alternative dimension. Hence why Speedy was voiced by Mike Erwin on Justice League, and why Michael Rosenbaum voiced Kid Flash.

Though in the case why Loren Lester didn't voice Robin is... uh... simple...

Why? I'm not sure. =b

Supermeng

[48]Jun 7, 2006
    I don't think it was meant to be another dimension with any relation to the DCAU that we know. I'm just saying that if one wanted to find a link or figure out a way to do a crossover, an alternate dimension type of thing would be the only way.

heeroyuy2006

[49]Jun 7, 2006
    Personally, I'd like to see every DC animated series connected in a multiverse, but that would be a legal nightmare and there'd be a riot if The Batman or Superfriends were in anyway connected to the DCAU.

-Silverstar-

[50]Jun 7, 2006

Well, I'm one of the few people who doesn't need for all the DC shows to be connected, but can you imagine how hilarious it would be if the Superfriends ever met the Justice League? Like one group were suddenly transported to the other's universe a la "Legends"? I can only imagine what JL's Aquaman would have to say about his Superfriends counterpart. "Is this lame-oh suppesed to be me?!"

And Superfriends' Supes would be Gary Stu-ing up the place. Come to think of it, that'd be pretty darn funny!
    Edited on 06/07/2006 3:26pm

-Blackstar-

[51]Jun 7, 2006

If TT and JL/JLU were connected, it would then beg the question: What was the Justice League doing when Trigon the Terrible tried to take over the world in the episode "The End"? Also, why didn't Robin call someone like Batman or the Atom to fix Cyborg in "Crash"? Or why didn't the Titans seek help from the Justice League after Slade and Terra took over Jump City in "Aftershock"?
    Edited on 06/07/2006 3:14pm

heeroyuy2006

[52]Jun 7, 2006

What I 've been suggesting since I was shown Teen Titans couldn't be in the DCAU is that the TT universe along with the DCAU universe are part of a larger multiverse.  Also, I was placing TT before B:TAS while I still thought TT was in the DCAU.  Therefore, the Justice League hadn't been created yet and those things that were mentioned wouldn't be a problem.

korn91313

[53]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 6

-Blackstar- wrote:
    If TT and JL/JLU were connected, it would then beg the question: What was the Justice League doing when Trigon the Terrible tried to take over the world in the episode "The End"? Also, why didn't Robin call someone like Batman or the Atom to fix Cyborg in "Crash"? Or why didn't the Titans seek help from the Justice League after Slade and Terra took over Jump City in "Aftershock"?

easy there, not everything has to tie in together.

JUSTAFANOFTV

[54]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 11
    I hate when people try to connect Teen Titans to Justice League Unlimited,there's no connection at all.

AkaiSuisei

[55]Jun 8, 2006
    • level: 1
    -Blackstar- wrote:

The first and last scenario you listed were adapted straight from the comics where the Teen Titans and Justice League did in fact coexist. The League was not called for backup, because the Titans hated when the adults came and stuck their noses in. While there is no significant evidence of a link between the shows, none of your arguments hold any significant weight for why the link is impossible. Granted, just because it's not impossible doesn't mean it is, but the argument is a weak one.

There was an interview somewhere on TitansTower that I can't find anymore where one of the crew suggested that Teen Titans could have been about the earlier years of Dick and crew, given that Dick is in college during B:TAS, however it's told from Beast Boy's perspective to explain the crazy style difference and occasional anime inspired strangeness. It would fit with his personality, but despite coming from one of the staff members, possibly even Timm himself though I again can't find it, it certainly doesn't make the link canonical.

-Silverstar-

[56]Jun 8, 2006
    JUSTAFANOFTV wrote:
    I hate when people try to connect Teen Titans to Justice League Unlimited, there's no connection at all.

I'm with you. People need to just accept that TT isn't linked to any other DCAU show.

-Silverstar-

[57]Jun 8, 2006

AkaiSuisei wrote:
    -Blackstar- wrote:

The first and last scenario you listed were adapted straight from the comics where the Teen Titans and Justice League did in fact coexist. The League was not called for backup, because the Titans hated when the adults came and stuck their noses in. While there is no significant evidence of a link between the shows, none of your arguments hold any significant weight for why the link is impossible. Granted, just because it's not impossible doesn't mean it is, but the argument is a weak one.

There was an interview somewhere on TitansTower that I can't find anymore where one of the crew suggested that Teen Titans could have been about the earlier years of Dick and crew, given that Dick is in college during B:TAS, however it's told from Beast Boy's perspective to explain the crazy style difference and occasional anime inspired strangeness. It would fit with his personality, but despite coming from one of the staff members, possibly even Timm himself though I again can't find it, it certainly doesn't make the link canonical.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, yadda yadda yadda.

The Teen Titans TV show wasn't connected to the DCAU. Period. All of the politics, comic book similarities, allusions and interviews in the world don't change that fact.
    Edited on 06/08/2006 5:43am
    Edited 2 total times.

-Blackstar-

[58]Jun 8, 2006

AkaiSuisei wrote:
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    The first and last scenario you listed were adapted straight from the comics where the Teen Titans and Justice League did in fact coexist. The League was not called for backup, because the Titans hated when the adults came and stuck their noses in. While there is no significant evidence of a link between the shows, none of your arguments hold any significant weight for why the link is impossible. Granted, just because it's not impossible doesn't mean it is, but the argument is a weak one. There was an interview somewhere on TitansTower that I can't find anymore where one of the crew suggested that Teen Titans could have been about the earlier years of Dick and crew, given that Dick is in college during B:TAS, however it's told from Beast Boy's perspective to explain the crazy style difference and occasional anime inspired strangeness. It would fit with his personality, but despite coming from one of the staff members, possibly even Timm himself though I again can't find it, it certainly doesn't make the link canonical.
    Listen, Buddy Jim Boy Bob, I'm well aware that the TT and JL comics were indeed connected. However, I am not now, nor was I ever, talking about the comics here, just the television series. I know that the Teen Titans TV show that aired on CN was not connected to the DCAU because the producers themselves said that it wasn't! Read this (from Wikipedia):

:
    Teen Titans has never been established explicitly to be a part of the larger DC Animated Universe, a source of fan controversy. Indicating separation from the DC Animated Universe, series producer Bruce Timm stated the series would not crossover with Justice League Unlimited. However, it has been said that he had considered it but decided against it due to the differences in style and presentation. Series creator Glen Murakami echoed Timm, saying the inspiration for the series is the 1980s The New Teen Titans comic book series, not the Justice League animated series. Additionally, while Batman mentions the Titans in the Static Shock crossover episode "Hard as Nails," nothing indicates it is the same team represented in Teen Titans.

If you want to argue that point, take it up with Glen Murakami and Bruce Timm, not with me. I'm just stating the facts as they are. Nothing more.

Edited on 06/08/2006 6:35am
    Edited 7 total times.

Supermeng

[59]Jun 8, 2006
    -Silverstar- wrote:
    Well, I'm one of the few people who doesn't need for all the DC shows to be connected, but can you imagine how hilarious it would be if the Superfriends ever met the Justice League? Like one group were suddenly transported to the other's universe a la "Legends"? I can only imagine what JL's Aquaman would have to say about his Superfriends counterpart. "Is this lame-oh suppesed to be me?!"

And Superfriends' Supes would be Gary Stu-ing up the place. Come to think of it, that'd be pretty darn funny!

Just for the hell of it, you can't tell me it wouldn't be cool to see an animated crisis story where the heroes from the parallel Earth's are characters from those other DC cartoons

heeroyuy2006

[60]Jun 8, 2006
    Supermeng wrote:
    -Silverstar- wrote:

Just for the hell of it, you can't tell me it wouldn't be cool to see an animated crisis story where the heroes from the parallel Earth's are characters from those other DC cartoons

Amen to that, Supermeng. As long as they don't try to transform the multiverse into a single universe, I'm all for it. What better way to pay homage to past dc cartoons than to acknowledge them as being canonical albeit as being in different dimensions/universes. However,it would be a legal nightmare trying to get permission from all the various companies to allow such a crossover event.