Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Will There Be a Season Six on the new CW network?

Supermeng

[61]Jun 8, 2006
    • level: 15
    Yeah, that's the only issue: the legal stuff. It's really too bad that this kind of thing gets in the way of them doing some really cool stuff sometimes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sylent_asassin

[62]Jun 8, 2006
    • level: 26
    Supermeng wrote:
    -Silverstar- wrote:
    Well, I'm one of the few people who doesn't need for all the DC shows to be connected, but can you imagine how hilarious it would be if the Superfriends ever met the Justice League? Like one group were suddenly transported to the other's universe a la "Legends"? I can only imagine what JL's Aquaman would have to say about his Superfriends counterpart. "Is this lame-oh suppesed to be me?!"

And Superfriends' Supes would be Gary Stu-ing up the place. Come to think of it, that'd be pretty darn funny!

Just for the hell of it, you can't tell me it wouldn't be cool to see an animated crisis story where the heroes from the parallel Earth's are characters from those other DC cartoons

That would be great! The Superfriends verse meets the Justice Lords verse. Robin and Aquaman wouldn't last 5 minutes and Wendy, Marvin and Wondermutt less than that. Apache Chief would be dead in less time than it takes to say, "Eneck-Chuc."

-Blackstar-

[63]Jun 9, 2006
    • level: 8
    korn91313 wrote:

-Blackstar- wrote:
    If TT and JL/JLU were connected, it would then beg the question: What was the Justice League doing when Trigon the Terrible tried to take over the world in the episode "The End"? Also, why didn't Robin call someone like Batman or the Atom to fix Cyborg in "Crash"? Or why didn't the Titans seek help from the Justice League after Slade and Terra took over Jump City in "Aftershock"?

easy there, not everything has to tie in together.

Um...I never said that they did have to tie together. Quite the opposite, in fact. Why say that to me?

And I am easy. I'm easy like Sunday morning...

-Silverstar-

[64]Jun 9, 2006
    • level: 9

It's kind of funny how some people are now trying inform Blackstar how all the DC universes don't need to be connected, when he was actually using his post as an example of how the universes can't be connected. In fact, Black is one of the loudest voices on the stance that the DC universes aren't connected and don't need to be connected. Now that's irony.
    Edited on 06/09/2006 6:34am

Xtroid

[65]Jun 10, 2006
    • level: 5

While I thought Destroyer was an bitter sweet ending, I'll like to see instead a Justice League Beyond that takes places around the future of Terry McGinnis as Batman and Warhawk, etc.

heeroyuy2006

[66]Jun 10, 2006
    heeroyuy2006 wrote:

-Blackstar- wrote:
    heeroyuy2006 wrote:
    Personally, I'd like a Kid Flash series which bridges the gulf between Teen Titans and the other DCAU series.
    You seem to be under the assumption that the Kid Flash who appeared in "Lightspeed" was Wally West, but there's no evidence to support that theory other than the fact that both KF and JL's Flash were voiced by Michael Rosenbaum. TT took place in it's own seperate continuity, not connected to any of the other DC shows The producers said it themselves. Unless someone on TT or until one of TT's writers or producers call Kid Flash "Wally", we can't assume that TT's Kid Flas was JL's Flash as a kid. Remember that in the episode titled "The Brave and the Bold", we saw Wally West getting his Flash powers as an adult, not a child.

It's been a long time since I've seen "The Brave and the Bold" so I don't remember that, but I'll take your word on it.  My believe that Teen Titans could fit in the DCAU was based on three things: I'd prefer to keep as many new shows as possible in the DCAU, according to Wikipedia's article "DC animated universe", Bruce Timm thought about having a TT/JLU crossover, but chose against it for "style and presentation reasons", and finally up to the time I read your post I didn't think there were any real continuity problems preventing TT's inclusion in the DCAU.

It just occured to me that if Teen Titan's Kid Flash isn't Wally West, TT could still fit in the DCAU as long as it took place before B:TAS.  Assuming this, a Kid Flash cartoon could bridge the stylistic gulf between TT and the DCAU.

For those wondering why I quoted myself, it was easier than quoting from the various posts that would have been necessary to refresh everyone's memories.  Plus, I don't know exactly how to quote more than once.

As far as a series on the Justice League in the Batman Beyond time frame, I'd like to see  it , but a dtv is more likely.  Even more likely, it won't be done.

Edited on 06/10/2006 3:05pm

-Silverstar-

[67]Jun 11, 2006
    • level: 9
    Xtroid wrote:

While I thought Destroyer was an bitter sweet ending, I'll like to see instead a Justice League Beyond that takes places around the future of Terry McGinnis as Batman and Warhawk, etc.

A lot of people would like to see a Justice League Beyond show, but it seems unlikely. I wouldn't mind it as long as Batman and Terry weren't featured so prominently in it. No offense to either of them, but we've already seen them in action on Batman Beyond; I'd like to see what some of Earth's other heroes were doing during this timeline.

-Blackstar-

[68]Jun 11, 2006

I don't know if TT's Kid Flash isn't Wally, because no one ever called him "Wally" on the show.

If Warner Bros. and DC were to embark on a Flash animated series, I'd personally prefer it to star the adult Wally West from JL/JLU, rahter than Kid Flash, unless it was going to be a new Teen Titans show that actually took place in the DCAU continuity.

Personally, I don't need for all the DC shows to be connected in order to enjoy them, but that's just me.
    Edited on 06/11/2006 6:56am

heeroyuy2006

[69]Jun 11, 2006
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    I don't know if TT's Kid Flash isn't Wally, because no one ever called him "Wally" on the show.

If Warner Bros. and DC were to embark on a Flash animated series, I'd personally prefer it to star the adult Wally West from JL/JLU, rahter than Kid Flash, unless it was going to be a new Teen Titans show that actually took place in the DCAU continuity.

Personally, I don't need for all the DC shows to be connected in order to enjoy them, but that's just me.

I'd prefer an adult Wally West as Flash, too. But, the way I figure it, there's a good chance that the show wouldn't be in the DCAU and if it was, it would probably take place before Justice League. My problem with this is that while Wally was cool in the Superman episode, he was also a jerk. Even in the early episodes of Justice League, he was a bit of a jerk at times, but he made up for it in being funny, so, I didn't mind much. I mean, it's just me, but I like Flash best in Seasons 2 and 3 of JLU, especially in "Flash and Substance, because he's more mature but he's still funny, too.

As far as a DCAU Teen Titans series (assuming Teen Titans doesn't become a part of the DCAU), it would most likely be called Young Justice or The Titans. Plus, Kid Flash probably wouldn't be in it. If Teen Titans becomes part of the DCAU and a future version of TT is done with Tim Drake as Robin, Kid Flash probably wouldn't appear. Flash or Impulse might, but I don't think Kid Flash would.

Also, I don't need all the DC cartoons connected to enjoy them. It's just that I like how the DCAU is connected and I think it would be cool to have the others connected as well. Plus, the DCAU has gotten me used to them being connected, so, it's hard for me to get used to the new DC shows not being connected.

SupermanNYC

[70]Jun 12, 2006
    • level: 45
    nishikaze wrote:
    Wasn't there rumours floating around about a Flash series? Or am I just delusional?
    There not going to make a Flash series, there going to make a movie on the flash. 2008 is the set year for it, along with a live Voltron Movie. 2007 there making a He-Man movie as well.

-Blackstar-

[71]Jun 12, 2006
    You mean another He-Man movie. There already was a Masters of the Universe movie back in 1987 with Dolph Lundgren as He-man and Frank Langella as Skeletor.

Paradigne

[72]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 2
    Hmmm... a new Batman, a new Superman, Wonder Woman in the works... Maybe hope for a live action JL movie in the near future???

Supermeng

[73]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 15
    Paradigne wrote:
    Hmmm... a new Batman, a new Superman, Wonder Woman in the works... Maybe hope for a live action JL movie in the near future???

It would be great if they could get the cast from all the individual hero movies that are coming out (Batman, Superman, WW, Flash, etc) to be in a JL movie. Still, this is a legal and scheduling nightmare so it probably wouldn't happen.

It's nice to dream though

ThirdWatchLover

[74]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 6
    Paradigne wrote:
    That would be alot, I mean a new JLU or JU, then you're talking alot of money involved with this. Yes It woulkd be nice to see it, but it is not litely that this will happen.

-Blackstar-

[75]Jun 13, 2006
    It wouldn't be easy. Most of the superhero movies are made to focus on a single hero, or at the most a duo. If they were to embark on a JL feature, that would be seven major characters to begin with. Not to mention any villians or supporting players that would appear. That movie would be expensive to produce.

zoom410

[76]Aug 19, 2006
    Im pretty sure that jlu is done. if they ever do make a new justice league series it will probably start from the beggining and not start where season five left off. Besides jlu was getting kinda old. dont get me wrong it was still one of the best shows on television but the early eps are better than the new ones. I think cartoon network needs sumthin like an avengers cartoon. and god knows marvel could use it. I also dont think its that far out there considering the popularity of the ultimat avengers movies.

-Blackstar-

[77]Aug 19, 2006
    zoom410 wrote:
    Im pretty sure that jlu is done. if they ever do make a new justice league series it will probably start from the beggining and not start where season five left off. Besides jlu was getting kinda old. dont get me wrong it was still one of the best shows on television but the early eps are better than the new ones. I think cartoon network needs sumthin like an avengers cartoon. and god knows marvel could use it. I also dont think its that far out there considering the popularity of the ultimat avengers movies.

1. There's going to be a JL animated movie, and if it does well, it could lead to more DTVs, but JLU the series is done.

2. I doubt that CN is interested in producing an Ultimate Avengers series. CN is mainly concerned with producing their own in studio productions almost exclusively, rather than sharing executive decisions and profits with outside studios. Plus, aside form the upcoming Fantastic Four series that's being produced by the Code: Lyoko production team, Cartoon (Crap) Network isn't interested in people in capes these days.

Annihilator16

[78]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 5

-Blackstar- wrote:
    CN is mainly concerned with producing their own in studio productions almost exclusively, rather than sharing executive decisions and profits with outside studios. Plus, aside form the upcoming Fantastic Four series that's being produced by the Code: Lyoko production team, Cartoon (Crap) Network isn't interested in people in capes these days.

And that new F.F. animated program will be bad, the designs look terrible, especially Sue Storm, its another anime influenced superhero show.

-Blackstar-

[79]Aug 23, 2006
    Annhiliator16 wrote:
    And that new F.F. animated program will be bad, the designs look terrible, especially Sue Storm, its another anime influenced superhero show.

And goodness knows we don't need another one of those. I've got nothing against anime, but I'm getting sick of people thinking that exploiting Japanese animation is the key to making everything great.

arrasailsup

[80]Aug 23, 2006
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    Annhiliator16 wrote:

And goodness knows we don't need another one of those. I've got nothing against anime, but I'm getting sick of people thinking that exploiting Japanese animation is the key to making everything great.

Amen to that!