Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Wonder Woman Vs. Supergirl

Booncion

[1]Dec 22, 2008
    • level: 3
    It's clearly established in the DCAU (and in the DC comics as well) that Wonder Woman is the strongest female superhero, but Supergirl herself is merely a female version of Superman. Shouldn't she also be either on the same level as or stronger than Wonder Woman (despite her portayal in DCAU)? Also if these two got into a fight who would win?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

seto1

[2]Dec 22, 2008
    • level: 16
    Lets examine a few things,we have seen that kara is no wimp she is but in terms of strenght ,wonder woman has her beat or they are near equal however that just about all that equals them.Super girl is maybe twice as fast and has near invulnerbility which gives her the edge in my book.If i had to choose i would have to say super girl would win after a very extensive battlebut that my opinion what do you fellow fans think.

Genetic_Code

[3]Dec 22, 2008
    • level: 14
    I would imagine Wonder Woman would be victorious, since she was able to dismantle Superman in Paradise Lost. I would imagine she could do the same against his cousin.

RaizenYusuke

[4]Dec 22, 2008
    • level: 28

Kara will grow stronger though as her body absorbs and stores more yellow sunlight. In STAS Superman could barly hold a plane up, but by JLU he could easily lift a plane. If we take these two factors into account Superman's power base grew significant over the years due to constant exposure to yellow sun light. So theoretically Supergirl powers will grow to far greater lengthens than they are now, so she will probably surpass Wonder Woman in a few years.

IMO Kara was probably on para with Diana before she joined the Legion of Superheroes.

sylent_asassin

[5]Dec 22, 2008
    • level: 26
    There are a few factors to consider like which incarnation of each character are we talking? If we're talking about the JLU versions OR the current comic versions, I have to go with Diana for both because of experience and fighting skills. In the books, Kara might be a tad stronger than Diana, but as a youngster, she hasn't completely absorbed the yellow sun radiation. In JLU, an artifically aged Galatea gave Kara the beating of her life so she CAN be intimidated and beaten down.

loganrogue24

[6]Dec 22, 2008
    • level: 6
    i say if Kara uses all her powers and is tactfull then she might just surprise WW, WW is strong and has the exspirience but Kara won"t hold back she will come with evreything she has, i say Kara wins.

A_Kefka

[7]Dec 22, 2008
    • level: 10
    If talking sheer strength its probably about equal in the cartoon (remember Kara isn't really Kryptonian so isn't quite as strong), but Diana is a highly skilled fighter so would most likely win.

RaizenYusuke

[8]Dec 23, 2008
    A_Kefka wrote:
    If talking sheer strength its probably about equal in the cartoon (remember Kara isn't really Kryptonian so isn't quite as strong), but Diana is a highly skilled fighter so would most likely win.
    I don't think Kara being a Argosian is what makes her weaker than Clark. It's more of he has just absorbed more yellow sunlight than Kara and thus has more power. I don't remember if it was ever said Argosians absorption of solar energy was inferior to Kryptonians absorption.

A_Kefka

[9]Dec 23, 2008
    In one of the commentaries they said that she was a little weaker, but less affected by Kryptonite.

jwgrlrrajn

[10]Dec 28, 2008
    • level: 23
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

Superman's power base grew significant over the years due to constant exposure to yellow sun light.

Explain why he had a hard time with Jax-Ur and Mala then.

RaizenYusuke

[11]Dec 28, 2008
    A_Kefka wrote:
    In one of the commentaries they said that she was a little weaker, but less affected by Kryptonite.
    Really I didn't remember that.

jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

Superman's power base grew significant over the years due to constant exposure to yellow sun light.

Two on one. In part 2 of the episode Superman had the upper hand on Mala on her own.

sylent_asassin

[12]Dec 29, 2008
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

That's one of those DCAU anomalies. Superman needed to have a hard time with Jax-Ur and Mala otherwise the story would only last 5 minutes and wouldn't be compelling or interesting.

seto1

[13]Dec 31, 2008
    Which is the story almost all of his battles

A_Kefka

[14]Jan 1, 2009
    The thing with Jax-Ur and Mala could be as simple as them being trained fighters, or normal differences in strength among people. I'd think that Kryptonians aren't all an exact match in speed and strength just like normal people aren't. They are just so far above normal people and relatively near each other that its not really noticed (its not like there were many around to compare)

JediQ

[15]Jan 5, 2009
    I'd say Wonder Woman would have the advantage, even with Supergirl fully grown and "yellow sun absorbent." She's got the experience, the strength, and the Amazonian fighting tactics to take SG down if she really wanted to. I think that in battle between them, though, their biggest disadvantages would be emotional ones...they'd prefer not to hurt the other, so they'd be holding back. And I think SG would hold back longer than WW.

seto1

[16]Jan 7, 2009
    Well the thing is experience can only do so much and we all know wonder woman has a big problem with hitting a fellow female warrior so this could be an advantage to supergirl

ZBishop26

[17]Jan 22, 2009
    • level: 7
    Genetic_Code wrote:
    I would imagine Wonder Woman would be victorious, since she was able to dismantle Superman in Paradise Lost. I would imagine she could do the same against his cousin.
    Actually it was a fairly even fight, and Supes didn't use heat vision to his advantage at all. Wonder Woman only started to beat up Supes, because he discovered who he was actually fighting.

sylent_asassin

[18]Jan 23, 2009
    ZBishop26 wrote:
    Genetic_Code wrote:
    Actually it was a fairly even fight, and Supes didn't use heat vision to his advantage at all. Wonder Woman only started to beat up Supes, because he discovered who he was actually fighting.

In addition, Supes always holds back when he fights; even with Darkseid until the final episode.

seto1

[19]Mar 5, 2009
    How did this turn into an argument about superman

Booncion

[20]Dec 15, 2009
    They had a chance to do this in "Grudge Match", but then that would've taken away from the whole awesomeness of that scene where all the girls are scared out of their minds to actually go against Wonder Woman. As a HUGE Wonder Woman fan, I totally loved that scene! Wonder Woman FTW!!!