Justice League Unlimited Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

worst justice league character ever........................

MajLorne

[21]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 21
    What it's over? Huh, lol I just checked up the info here and it ended a month ago. I had no idea, then again I haven't been getting up early every Saturday mornings anymore like I used to.
    Also agreed, other than that staff she has, she's just a usless brat and way out of her league compared to Supergirl. She must've been diluded to think anyone would care about her over SG.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Link3455

[22]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 14
    MajLorne wrote:

Oh yeah, not exactly worst character, but worst excuse: The whole Bat Embargo, I mean who the hell cares about JLU running against the Batman or the movies? Why should that keep out characters like Mr. Freeze, TwoFace, the Joker [last seen on JL] from joining the Legion of Doom? They would've been so fantastic rather than the unknown villains that were seen only a few times, but not mentioned. Also I hated how in the 2nd to last episode they just 'killed' half of the Legion members just like that. They should've given this series one more season so we can see more of the villains.

Also how pitiful that now the Batman has become in a way the new Justice League. I mean geez come on, if you are making a show about Batman, why are you changing into another series that will more or less contradict the past seasons of JL/JLU?

End of rant.

I agree, the fifth season of the Batman was handled real poorly. I sat through every episode anyways, but was unpleased overall.

As for the topic, I would have to say probably Roulette... I dunno why though.

MajLorne

[23]Apr 13, 2008

I'm glad you agree.

And as for Roulette yeah other than staging that "nice" fight amongst the women of the JL, she just has some fighting skills, but overall not really Legion of Doom material.

Edited on 04/13/2008 10:14pm

GavinGibbons

[24]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 29
    ZATANA! she is lame to the power of infinity, never liked her. I am however a fan of Booster Gold!!! sorry peeps.

2loveable4u

[25]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 3
    that's true but shining knight has to one of the worst even though its hard for me to say considering I like them all

2loveable4u

[26]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 3
    Zatanna in my opinion isn't a bad character I find that its intersting that her story is not like other peoples. Considering her magical background and she has to say her spell's backwards in order for them to work. With this power she is limitless and her powers are way greater than it might seems. She gotg kicked off the justice league because she was able to wipe-out peoples minds and she couldn't be trusted.

MajLorne

[27]Apr 26, 2008
    I don't understand why anyone would hate her when there are plenty of other characters to hate.

JLU51306

[28]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 18
    I like Shining Knight, I mean, alone, he wouldn't seem that interesting, unique, special, cool, but if you understand how everything works in his team he was in, he becomes pretty cool, somewhat by the role he plays in the SSoV, same with the Vigilante, Green Arrow, Crimson Avenger, they don't seem interesting until you read the things that happend to the team, well at least thats my opinion. Wikipedia:

[edit] Seven Soldiers of Victory

[edit] Pre-Crisis
    The Seven Soldiers of Victory (also known as the Law's Legionnaires) was DC Comics' second super-hero team, following the Justice Society of America. Like the Justice Society, the membership of the Seven Soldiers was drawn from DC's anthology comics: The Vigilante (from Action Comics); the Crimson Avenger (from Detective Comics); the Green Arrow and Speedy (from More Fun Comics); the Shining Knight (from Adventure Comics); and the Star-Spangled Kid and Stripesy (from Star-Spangled Comics). It is worth noting that, unlike almost every other superhero team, this one included two sidekicks, Speedy and Stripesy, as members. (Stripesy was a rarity, an adult sidekick to a "kid" lead character.) On the other hand, the Crimson Avenger's sidekick Wing also took part in the team's adventures, and was in every other way an "eighth Soldier", but was never considered an "official" member of the team.

The Seven Soldiers of Victory appeared in the first fifteen issues of Leading Comics. Notable villains included the Black Star, the Iron Hand, the Dummy (enemy of the Vigilante), and Dr. Doome, one of several villains the team faced who had a time machine. A script by Joseph Samachson from the 1940s was later serialized in 1975 in Adventure Comics #438-443, with each chapter illustrated by a different artist (including Dick Dillin, Mike Grell, Lee Elias, and Jose Luis Garcia Lopez).

The team was resurrected in the seventies in Justice League of America #100-102. During the celebration of the 100th meeting of the JLA, the team was summoned to Earth-Two by the Justice Society of America, where a giant ethereal hand controlled by the Iron Hand threatened to destroy their world. The only way to stop the hand was to find the legendary Seven Soldiers of Victory, who defeated a similar menace in the form of the Nebula Man many years previously, though at the seeming cost of their existences, since no one could remember who they were. An unearthly Oracle revealed to the JLA and the JSA that the Seven Soldiers had been scattered through time, and the multitude of heroes were sent back to find them.

Doctor Fate, the Atom and the Elongated Man found the Crimson Avenger in Mexico, where he had amnesia and believed he was the Aztec Sun God. Superman, The Sandman and Metamorpho rescued the Shining Knight from the hordes of Genghis Khan. Hawkman, Doctor Mid-Nite, and the Golden Age Wonder Woman found the Golden Age Green Arrow in medieval England, where he had been mistaken for Robin Hood. Batman, Hourman and Starman retrieved Stripesy from ancient Egypt. The Silver Age Green Arrow, Black Canary and Johnny Thunder and Thunderbolt saved the Vigilante from a tribe of Indians in the Old West. Aquaman, Wildcat and the Silver Age Green Lantern rescued the Star-Spangled Kid, who was 50,000 years in the past. Zatanna, the Silver Age Flash and the Red Tornado freed Speedy (and themselves) from the clutches of Circe (comics) in ancient Greece. The Golden Age Green Lantern, Mister Terrific and the Golden Age Robin went on a quest to discover the identity of the Unknown Soldier of Victory, whose tomb lay in the mountains of Tibet, where the Seven Soldiers had fallen after defeating the Nebula Man.

The Seven Soldiers were reunited and created a new Nebula Rod to deal with the giant hand that the Iron Hand devised. Unfortunately, whoever used the Nebula Rod to destroy the Hand was certain to perish (as did the Crimson Avenger's partner Wing, revealed to be the Unknown Soldier of Victory, when the Nebula Man was stopped). While the heroes argued over who would sacrifice themselves, the android Red Tornado took the Nebula Rod and destroyed the Hand, apparently destroying himself in the process.

The only other modern meeting of the team (either in pre- or post-Crisis on Infinite Earths continuity) took place in Infinity, Inc. #11, in which the Vigilante, the Shining Knight, Green Arrow, Speedy and the Star-Spangled Kid gathered at the grave of Lee Travis, the man known as the Crimson Avenger. It had taken two years for the team to confirm his death (having died saving Gotham City from a boatload of explosives in DC Comics Presents #3.

jvwitness

[29]May 14, 2008
    • level: 5
    Definitely Vigilante. He's the only one I just don't like for some reason. I like everyone else. It may be the fact that he totes guns and my subconscious is like no, but then again doesn't the Crimson Avenger walk around with guns too?

JLU51306

[30]May 16, 2008
    Depends on which one. Crimson Avenger I (Lee Walter Travis), which was the one used in JLU. When he first became the Crimson Avenger he used two 1910 colt handguns, but he noticed that he started vengefully using them, and got rid of the handguns. Then once he did that he wore for the first time his Crimson colord suit, and he then recovered a gun he called the "gas gun" from the Nazi bund. The gun would shoot out a cloud of gas that was a crimson color. And after that he learned judo and karate from his chinese sidekick "Wing.

So, basically a gas gun, not a real gun. He actually uses it in the JLU episode "Patriotic Act", except, strangly enough, the gas cloud was green and not crimson in the episode.

Ursa_Minor

[31]May 28, 2008
    • level: 5
    I can't STAND Stargirl! She is such a little arogant brat

cale1234567

[32]May 28, 2008
    • level: 7
    Fire ,what was with that accent i know a few people fron sao paulo none of them sound remotely like her.Granted thier bound to be regional variation but it just sound more canadian to me

o0Navras0o

[33]May 29, 2008
    Where do I begin? I hate Supergirl: I've never liked her, as I hate Superboy, Superdog? Copy of copy of copy...
    Hawk and Dove: just because.
    Booster Gold.

And a lot more...

JLU51306

[34]May 30, 2008
    cale1234567 wrote:
    Fire ,what was with that accent i know a few people fron sao paulo none of them sound remotely like her.Granted thier bound to be regional variation but it just sound more canadian to me

Well the voice for Fire was given by Maria Canals, which is the voice of Hawkgirl/Shayera Hol, which she has hispanic background, and Fire is depicted as Brazillian, and the Andrea Romano probably thought she would could of done a good voice instead of finding another actor for 7 sentences.

JLU51306

[35]May 30, 2008
    o0Navras0o wrote:
    Where do I begin? I hate Supergirl: I've never liked her, as I hate Superboy, Superdog? Copy of copy of copy...
    Booster Gold.

And a lot more...

I can somewhat agree with you on Supergirl, but not Connor Kent.

As I've said before, JLU didn't depict the storys of certain background characters very well or at all even though they had an episode devoted to them, you should actually read up on them from http://www.dcuguide.com/ and base your opinion on what their actual backgrounds are like and jugde them by that, and not by JLU's depiction.

Agree with you on Booster Gold, although on IGN's MK v.s. DCU boards, alot of people disagree.

leofiregod

[36]Jun 15, 2008

booster gold is mine

o0Navras0o

[37]Jun 15, 2008
    JLU51306 wrote:
    o0Navras0o wrote:
    Booster Gold.

And a lot more...

I can somewhat agree with you on Supergirl, but not Connor Kent.

As I've said before, JLU didn't depict the storys of certain background characters very well or at all even though they had an episode devoted to them, you should actually read up on them from http://www.dcuguide.com/ and base your opinion on what their actual backgrounds are like and jugde them by that, and not by JLU's depiction.

Agree with you on Booster Gold, although on IGN's MK v.s. DCU boards, alot of people disagree.

I've read the info... I still don't like them.