Justice League Unlimited

Hawk and Dove

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Aug 21, 2004 on Cartoon Network

• The God of Chaos unleashes an unstoppable suit of armer. Crap. Wonder Woman and Hawk get tossed around a lot. Crap X2. Dove pwns without moving a muscle. Now THAT is skill.

I don't care what anybody else says about this episode, it is a personal favorite of mine. The characters of Hawk and Dove far overshadowed the actual star of the episode, Wonder Woman. Then again, I've never been particularly fond of Wonder Woman, so that might explain it. But nonetheless, I still really love Hawk and Dove. Especially Dove. I'd marry him if he was a real person. He's a sweetheart. And he, the pacifist, succeeded where his more violent teammates failed. He also stared down a suit of armor twice his size that could crush a friggin' TANK, WITHOUT flinching. That takes balls. That really earned him browny points. The plot was interesting from a socio-political standpoint, and maybe that was why other people are so quick to dismiss it. They don't want to think about some of the issues brought up. Most people watch cartoons to escape from reality, and to include real would issues into cartoons is generally a recipe for disaster if it isn't approached properly. I personally thought the plot was done well, but apparently most people don't share my views.