Justice League Unlimited

Hereafter (1)

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Nov 29, 2003 on Cartoon Network

• Metallo's team of villains fight JL. Superman flies between Toyman's disintegrator ray and his friends. He is obliterated sending the JL into mourning. While Batman investigates Lobo crashes the wake. Without Superman around, villains run rampant so JL an

This is the single most profound episode of the show in my opinion. Superman was given his fit place as the heart of the league. The episode appears to be an attempt to capture the emotion of the \"Death of Superman\" story in the comic and does it with real feeling. Lobo wanting to join the JL in Superman\'s place is a nice touch because he brings some humorous contrast to proceedings.
    I agree that the scene where the JL are all laughing as GL recalls an account of Superman and a hand grenade is really well done and moving- certainly profound enough for a more \'grown up\' program. Bats\' words at the \'graveside\' are cool too. Wonder Woman\'s comment about Batman not being able to deal with loss was insightful.I love when she is in tears and rage as she goes close to snuffing Toyman\'s life with her bare hands.
    I\'m one of Superman\'s multitude of fans and this episode did us all proud. Good on you, producers!