Justice League Unlimited

Hunter's Moon

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Jun 18, 2005 on Cartoon Network

• In this episode Hawkgirl goes on a call to another planet with Vigilante. Then, all of a sudden Vixen decides that she wants to come as well. After tons of fighting and trickery, the team makes it back safely.

This episode was awesome because we get to see Hawkgirl finally come to gribs with the past that she was hoping to forget. Also, we see that Hawkgirl knows how to gain people\'s trust. By this I mean that her and Vixen have the potential to become friends because of a common enemy John, if you know what I mean.
  • Shayera, Vixen, and Vigilante are sent to a rock in the middle of nowhere. Shayera and Vixen both have feelings for Green Lantern and Vigilante hates Thanagarians. Oops. J'onn dropped the ball on this one.

Wonderful episode. The creators played on the tension between Shayera and Vixen remarkably well. Vigilante is my favorite character in this episode. He ranges from competent to adorably clueless and gets some of the best lines. "Con-sarn ding-busted horse-thievin' alien control panel" indeed. XD All and all, a wonderful episode.
  • Quick episode about the aftermath of Starcrossed Series.

Always wanted to know what happened to Shyera's Vanagarian race after they folied to take over earth. We also hear Vigilante speak some spanish. Shyera and Vixen both help out each other out when they are needed. Bottom line is that whatever is left of the Vanagarian race, they want to seek vengence on Shyera. Ok episode.
  • Hawkgirl, Vigilante, and Vixen respond to a call in space, only to find that it is a trap.

The episode begins with Vigilante, Hawkgirl and Vixen responding to a call for help in outer space.

I thought it was reaaly cool to get to know Vigilante. We haven't seen much of him in any of the other JLU episodes. We really get to see him in action, and see his personality. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome of his character.

The trap in space was for the Thanagarians to capture Shayera. We finally get some closure in this episode as to what happened to the Thanagarians after Starcrossed. Some of it was quite shocking.

I also liked seeing some of characters from Starcrossed again. I can't believe what happened to Kragger, but at the same time it's actually kind-of funny.

I was also surprised at how well Shayera and Vixen got along at the end of the episode. Obivously, Vixen is still going out with John, but it was cool how the two girls talked about it.

I really liked this episode. The stoyline was great and we got to see some character development. This is definitely an episode not to miss.
CW