Justice League Unlimited

I Am Legion

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Sep 17, 2005 on Cartoon Network

• Lex Luthor becomes the latest member in Gorilla Grodd’s new Secret Society of Super Villains.

Lex Luthor becomes the latest member in Gorilla Grodd’s new Secret Society of Super Villains. “I Am Legion” is a wonderfully great start for the show’s fifth season. Lex is still dealing with the loss his short-lived godhood and is willing to do whatever to regain it including working for Grodd. DC Comics’ fans will be impressed with Secret Society’s super villain lineup and the all too familiar secret headquarters. The Blackhawks are once again in the spotlight. The episode offers many insights into the Blackhawks’ history after World War II. The island’s defenses are quite eccentric. Hawkgirl plays the role of big sister to help Flash impress the well-formed Fire. There is some good chemistry here. Michael Rosembaum (Flash) and Maria Canals (Hawkgirl) also provide the voices for Dr. Polaris and Fire. The episode ends with an uneasy addition into the Secret Society and a warm homage to a group of brave soldiers.