Justice League Unlimited

I Am Legion

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Sep 17, 2005 on Cartoon Network

• The further development of Flash's character only strengthens my love for this show.

Fantastic. That's how I would describe the second half of this episode. The relationship between Shayera and Flash is still developing in a fun way, and the long-awaited addition of a love-interest for our favourite speedster was phenomenal. Especially since he was too shy to do anything about it. Completely adorable moments!

The Legion of Doom is another story. As fun as it is to see 'Crazy Lex', the plot line was slightly lacking here. Haven't we already had ideas like this? All of the evil villains teamming up against the League? Sound familiar? Of course, that's not to say it wont be exciting-it all depends on how the writers deal with it.

And, although I usually applaud the writers' ability to renew story lines from first and second season, I have to admit that the Blach Hawks thing seemed kind of forced. It's like they threw it in there at the last minute. Yes, Savage Time was an awesome and well thought-out episode, but was it really necessary here?

Overall, the episode was a great starter, with a fair bit of promise for the new season. At least the writers have finally noticed Flash's value(as seen in this episode and the two upcoming feature episodes). I'd definitely recommend this one for the fans!