Justice League Unlimited

I Am Legion

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Sep 17, 2005 on Cartoon Network

• Episode 501 - I Am Legion - This was a great episode. The unparalleled cartoon wirting continues. The movie people should really just adapt a multi-story arc from this series.

Episode 501 - I Am Legion -

This episode boasting the usual voice talents for the main league members (Shayera and Flash (Rosenbaum) of course but adding the talens of Powers Boothe (Gorilla Grodd), Scott Petterson (Agent Faraday) and Clancy Brown (Lex Luthor). The episode opens with Lex Luthor escaping from prision and oddly talking to himself while being chased by the cops.

When nearly being caught he is whisked away by another criminal and brought before Gorilla Grodd in a dank swamp and is poffered a deal and some secrets are revealed.

For those of you that loved the old Super Friends this is such a great episode. Standing on the edge of a pool in the swap Gorilla Grodd starts to talk to Lex about joining a team and with a click of his remote you see the classic, if updated, HALL OF DOOM!! Yes the Hall of Doom lives and it si infested with many villians and oh man this was such a cool scene.

After touring the HQ Lex is asked to join the team and as he scoffs you see Grodd show him the one lone remaining piece of Brainiac. You find out that Brainiac is still part of Lex (see last season long story arc) and he and Brainic agree to join if they get the piece.

Grodd sends them on a mission to an old Blackhawk strong hold to retrieve an arifact from the vault there.

Flash, Fire, and an old Blackhawk pilot from a previous time travel ep. and Hawkwoman go to stop then. Lex goes with Keymaster and aother villian whose name eludes me. There isnt much head to head combat in this but there is some and a lot of fighting with island defenses.

Ultimately this episode is all about setting up the season story arc I am betting. It was good story and good dialog and over all a very good JLU episode. Like is said for those that loved Super Friends this is a great update of your nostalgia.

Rating: 3 1/2 (out of 4)