Justice League Unlimited

In Blackest Night (2)

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Nov 26, 2001 on Cartoon Network

• Oa under seige and a Lantern on trial

Let me first start off by stating that I wasnt a huge fan of the show\'s creators/producers using John Stewart just to add some \"color\" and diversity to the story. Aside all that, I found this story to be one of the more entertaining ones. The thing about Green Lantern is that it\'s a thing that anyone and everyone can be.......it\'s all right place.right time. That\'s why I feel most fans connect with GL as opposed to some of the \"bigger\" guns in the league. The basic storyline has it\'s appeal, but you get a sense that the pacing isnt right early on (common problem with shows early in their run). I agree with another reviewer about not including all 7 members. It would have only helped flesh out each character while still concentrating on the central character/plot. Introducing the Manhunters (to most of us anyways), was a nice touch and it expanded upon the GL legacy, or the legacy of the Guardians I should say, who created them both. The action was good, but could have used better timing but again, it\'s an early episode so not too much downing on that aspect. I guess my fondness of the episode would have been better if not for my initial resistance to John Stewart, who has become one of my faves. These cliffhanger/2parters where a nice way to kick off the show and this story was no exception.