Justice League Unlimited

Panic in the Sky

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Jul 09, 2005 on Cartoon Network

• Decent episode, even if the Ultimen were used as throw-away characters and Gallatea was a bit of a whimp. (I suppose she is still feeling the after-effects of the Fearful Symetry episode)

Not my favorite entry in the series, even if one of the more revealing ones.

Once again Cadmus figures prominently in this episode with a great scene between Amanda Waller and Batman. More on that later.

This picks up where we left off with Cadmus about to launch an offensive against the Justice League while the founding members decide to surrender themselves to the authorities until an investigation can prove their innocence.

Six of the original seven turn themselves in, you can guess who doesn't, my man Batman. Instead he confronts Waller in the scene mentioned above with news that they have been played by Lex Luthor.

Meanwhile the Watchtower comes under attack by Gallatea and the Ultimen clones, but after what seemed to me to be a very short battle, the league second stringers triumph.

Back on earth we find that Luthor has used Cadmus technology to create and android body for himself not unlike that of Ivo's creation Amazo. Batman tries to stop him but is flung from a window as Amanda Waller shows up and destroys the android body. Lex attacks Waller and low and behold she has sided with the Justice League and the calvary arrives. Only to see Lex, change from inside out and reveal that all this time he has actually been Brainiac.

If you are as confused as me join the club. Good episode but once again I will wait with anticipation to see what happens next...but I guess thats the whole point.