Justice League Unlimited

Tabula Rasa (2)

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Oct 04, 2003 on Cartoon Network

• Criminal mastermind Lex Luthor unleashes his latest weapon against the Justice League: the power-duplicating android AMAZO.

Criminal mastermind Lex Luthor unleashes his latest weapon against the Justice League: the power-duplicating android AMAZO. "Tabula Rasa" is one of the most underrated episodes of the second season. The episode features a well paced character-driven plot. Its always nice to see all seven members of the League in one episode. In the first season, Superman has been the target of heavy criticism by viewers but I'm happy to say that he really shows off his powers in the second season. Superman puts quite a fight against AMAZO especially after AMAZO duplicates his powers. I was surprised to learn that Batman carries kryptonite for insurance. It seems that he didn't forget the events in "Twilight". Lex Luthor is the real highlight of this episode. Clancy Brown continues to dominate the role of the popular DC villain. The interaction between Luthor and former henchwoman Mercy was quite good. I often felt sorry for AMAZO by the way Luthor manipulated him to attack the League. I wasn't quite surprised on his reaction when he learns the truth. Martian Manhunter manages to pull himself together from his depression. He finds hope in a small group of people who desperately seek to find a lost child. It was a very touching moment. It proves that even superheroes do need a pat in the back or hug to feel appreciated. The voicework was pretty good.