Justice League Unlimited

The Doomsday Sanction

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Feb 19, 2005 on Cartoon Network

• In this episode the League must save the people of a volcanic island before it erupts. During this rescue operation Superman ends up in a battle with Doomsday inside the erupting volcano. Further knowledge of Cadmus' plans are revealed.

This is the kind of stuff I like to see in a Justice League episode. You have ties to the main storyline of the show with Cadmus, plus you still have a large scale battle.

The confrontation between Batman an Waller was good because we saw that both are highly intelligent people on opposite sides of the fence. Both Batman and Waller also have opposing thoughts with their colleages. It shows a certain similarity and connection between the two enemies.

The Superman v Doomsday battle was good because they were near equals. In most Superman battles, he wipes the floor with his enemy, but Doomsday was more than a match for Superman.

This episode also raises the thought in our minds that the League isn't doing everything right. It raises the thought that maybe the League is becoming too powerful for their own good.

Overall a good and enjoyable episode that I'll watch again and again.