Justice League Unlimited

The Savage Time (2)

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Nov 09, 2002 on Cartoon Network

• The War Goes On

Basically a set piece with some bits to move the story along. J'onn gets free pretty quick. Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor bond. GL bonds with Easy Company. Those three characters get the lion's share of the attention this time while the others basically take a breather and get into another fight.

All the character bits are nice and again everyone gets at least some time. Generally enjoyable and it mvoes everything along toward the climax.
  • A divided Justice League struggle against the Naxis and determine who is responsible for the Axis' technological advances.

The Justice League struggles against the Axis forces. As much as I enjoyed the first part of “The Savage Time”, the second part exceeds my expectations. Comic book fans will be thrilled seeing the League team up with the Sgt. Rock, Easy Co. and the Blackhawks. There are some great moments through out this episode. Flash’s reaction to the news of Green Lantern stranded and powerless behind enemy lines was quite moving. Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor get a little personal. The action scenes were quite exceptional. The episode starts with an exciting aerial battle. Superman, Hawkgirl and the Blackhawks ripped through the German warplanes. The scene where Wonder Woman overpowers the Nazi soldiers is a personal favorite. The animation and music score were great. The dialogue and voice acting was excellent. Michael Rosembaum, Phil Morris, Maria Canals and Phil Lamaar truly shine in this episode. Susan Eisenberg was terrific. Her vocal performance of Wonder Woman has significantly improved since the series pilot.
  • This is like my favourite League episode ever.

This is the \'bestest\' Savage Time 1,2 and 3. The best league episodes are always the ones where they all fight together. and This was made me get goosebumps.
    Don\'t get me wrong, I love JLU and I love seeing all the other superheroes and stuff and some episodes are really really exciting.

In my humble opinion the just Justice League episodes was where the show was at its best you couldn\'t fault it anywhere. Since JLU came into play for some reason Flash is part of the minority and not part of the Senior league members.

JL fighting along with World War fighters pilots etc was really cool beyond expression.
    And Vandal Savage was a \'good\' villian. He looked well creepy.
  • The League...scattered but determined....in a time not their own...

In the second part of this story arc, the League, scattered to various parts of the armed conflict, seek to stop the German advances that are being aided by technology provided by Vandal Savage, a time traveling immortal with delusions of world conquest. Superman, Hawkgirl and the Flash aid the Allied forces as they struggle against the Germans in the air and on the ground. A nice scene for this viewer involved the introduction of the flying squadron collectively known as the Blackhawks, a tip of the hat to the comic book characters who had their own series in the past. It's good to see that the artists and writers of this show took the time to look up what the characters looked like as well as their individual names.

The other members of the League, in other parts of conflict, continue to do their part in helping the Allies with various degrees of sucess. The episode ends on a cliffhanger ( as usual) with everything pointing to a rousing concluding final part.

A great part of this story arc that has some great action scenes balanced by some touching scenes of drama.