Justice League Unlimited

To Another Shore

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Sep 24, 2005 on Cartoon Network

• Here is a JLU episode even Gardiner Fox would love. This episode was action packed while still carrying a lot of deeper meaning and subplot development for future shows. By far, the best of the four episodes we've seen so far in season 5.

I have to admit that I didn't see it coming - J'onn leaving to find his "humanity". After seeing the first episode which introduced the Legion of Doom, I admit I was a little disappointed. They actually resorted to stealing imagery and concepts from the old "Super friends" show. The next episode was an improvement in creativity and I actually got a belly laugh out of the whole Hawkgirl- Green Lantern-Batman sequence. However, there was not a whole lot there other than the introduction of Hawkman (Carter Hall). The next episode had some amusing bits of jealosy between Stargirl and Supergirl. We also got treated to some good action scenes and top notch villians. However, the conflict resolution between Stargirl and Supergirl was just too predictable. Nothing about episode 4 was predictable starting with Grodd's monologue about the Viking prince followed by a nice team of villians who give old WW more than she can handle.We now have JJ and GA joining the fight - just like old times for JLA comic fans. Now the JLU knows something strange is afoot and I'm really staring to look forward to how the rest of this season unfolds. I'm genuinely surprised at the quality of these episodes considering the high note the JLU finished on last season. It's also great having that full hour again. THANK YOU!