Justified

Brothers Keeper

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Apr 06, 2011 on FX

7.8
  • Fast paced, character building, brilliant.

First of all, I'm a long, long time reader of tv.com, and have never reviewed a show or episode. I'm horrified at the ratings this show gets on this site, and I think that says a lot about the people that use the site. Anyway, Justified was very good in the first season, but this season, wow, just, wow. It keeps getting better and better. The acting is top draw. Walton Goggins and Martindale are both terrifying and unpredictable. I was even impressed by Coover in this episode as those descriptions could easily be applied to him, he was wreckless and stupid and it sent the episode to a dramatic climax as he uncontrollably spiralled from mistake to mistake.

The interactions between characters are brilliant, subtle mannerisms, underlying motives, sauve diaglog. Mags and Raylan, Raylan and Boyd, Mags and Boyd, Dickie and Raylan. The only great character missing was Art. There is so much to work with in this show and it's disappointing so few people watch it.

This episode brought the Bennetts to the front, and a few aspects of the story were resolved, but other avenues have opened wide up for the tail end of the season. I watch a lot of tv, and this episode has brought my first ever review, maybe not for the episode, but just how many great episodes there has been. Justified... if it continues for 2/3 more seasons, it could blossom into the greatest show I've ever watched, the signs are there.