A Justified Community
FX (ended 2015)

Guys, guys, guys! Can we all admit that the fall season has been less-than-spectacular so far? I mean, The Blacklist? Psshhhh. Anywho, the good news is that the fall blues are almost behind us, because FX,—the best network on cable for original programming (this is undebatable)—is getting ready to roll out new seasons of some of its finest shows, and has announced its winter/spring plans accordingly. That means premiere dates for Justified, The Americans, and Archer, among others. Behold:

Justified Season 5 premieres Tuesday, January 7 at 10pm on FX. 

Are you still not watching Justified? Really? All this time and you haven't been enlightened by the wisdom of Boyd Crowder or had your genitals set ablaze by Raylan Givens? Well get on it! This season, Raylan will take on the Crowes, a family of rednecks from Florida that owns a gator farm. Yep, that's Dewey Crowe's clan, and leading them will be Michael Rapaport as Dale Crowe Jr. Odds that someone gets eaten by a very toothy reptile this season pay one cent per hundred dollars. It's gonna be awesome. 

Archer Season 5 premieres Monday, January 13 at 10pm on FX. 

It's easy to call Archer one of television's funniest animated comedies, but did you know it's also one of television's funniest comedies, animated or otherwise? It's true. This season, Sterling Archer will say funny stuff and bang some models, probably. And as for all those times I thought Archer would be heading over to FX's new sister network FXX? I was dumb. However, the show is moving to Mondays, which means it will face off directly against another hilarious show about catching bad guys, The Blacklist. Sorry, I just watched an episode of The Blacklist and its ridiculousness is fresh in my mind. (Scroll down to the bottom of this story for an Archer bonus.)

Chozen makes its series debut on Monday, January 13 at 10:30pm on FX. 

This new animated comedy is naturally paired with Archer. Created by Grant Dekernion, Chozen follows a white, gay rapper who was recently released from prison as he tries to climb the rap charts. Bobby Moynihan, Hannibal Buress, Nick Swardson, and Method Man provide voices.

The Americans Season 2 will debut in February on FX. 

That's it. February. Nothing more specific than that. I even asked FX if it would keep the show on Wednesdays, and they couldn't say. The Americans is one of my favorite new shows of this year, and I can't wait to see more of Matthew Rhys's high-tech disguises made out of old carpet samples and leftover dog hair. 

Legit Season 2 will premiere in February on FXX. Ditto for Ali G: Rezurection

Legit, comedian Jim Jefferies' live-action sitcom, moves over to FX's more comedy-focused cousin for its second season. It's a show to keep an eye on; in Season 1, it showed occasional signs of brilliance that could become a regular thing in Season 2. And in case you've forgotten since we mentioned it on Friday, Ali G: Rezurection is essentially an updated version of Da Ali G Show, with new introductions from star Sasha Baron Cohen plus a few episodes that've never aired in the U.S.

BONUS: This Archer video treat from Comic-Con was just released online today. Enjoy!

Which of these shows will you be watching in 2014?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/14/2015

Season 6 : Episode 13

32 Comments
Comments (32)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
yay for Justified coming back. Although the fall season ending just means Sons of Anarchy (another FX gem) will be finishing it's season soon. sob!
Flag
So excited The Americans are coming back. It was truly a great show ! It is up there with the best of the best. I do hope it gets some recognition it deserves.

I love Justified for its coolness though some episode are not as consistent.

Jan and Feb would be great !

Blacklist is still quite fun and James Spader is great !
Flag
There's been a fall season? I hadn't noticed, my DVR only has The Blacklist as anything that's started after summer 2013 (Ridiculous? Yes. Entertaining? Yes.). Eat a goat's sour dick, fall season.

Justified, can we get more Raylan and less Boyd please? Oh yeah, the crazy Crowes casting that sounded all wrong is this year's focus, I'll give it a shot though, the last season had enough to like.

Archer still on FX, that's good/confusing. Still gonna love this one. But Mondays, really FX? Why do you hate ratings so fucking much?!?

Chozen, suuuuuper gonna suckfail.

Oh Ms. Poovey, your self-loathing is hysterical.
Flag
yay! january 7! yay!!! cant wait
Flag
Sploosh!

Also Justified is announced! AWESOME!
Flag
Yes!, good little network.
I love Justified, The Americans and Archer.
Flag
Woohoo Justified and The Americans! Cannot wait, the autumn season has left me so disappointed :(
Flag
As long as i can watch American Horror Story i will never complain about the fall tv schedule.
i still can't wait for Justified though!
Flag
The Americans.
Flag
I AM SO EXCITED FOR JUSTIFIED IT IS RIDICULOUS.
Flag
u are not alone! it's because it's the best damn show ever
Flag
Every year, every god damn year, I see previews on FX for Justified and I say to myself "I need to start watching that." Sigh... Anyway, I will watch Archer.
Flag
I know what you mean. Everyone says its so good.

Truth is I finally managed to make myself sit down and watch the pilot, it was good but not amazing.....I think, like most shows, you need to get to know the characters fully before it's true entertainment kicks in.
Flag
Keep watching. I always intend to go back and watch the first two again, to see why on earth I didn't love it from moment one.
Flag
Justified and Archer
Flag
Justified and The Americans.
Flag
Everything except for Chozen. That show sounds like a bad version of a Boondocks episode.
Flag
FX is a fantastic channel, easily surpassing the glory days gone past of certain other networks with SHOws that have seen better days. Cannot wait for Archer and Justified...intrigued to see where The Americans goes...need some good quality espionage drama on tv....oh well back to my 24 re-watch....
Flag
FX is awesome Archer, Justified and the Americans are among the best shows left on TV along with Hannibal and Game of Thrones. And of course Orphan Black the second season can't come soon enough!!!
Fall TV SUCKS DONKEY BALLS!!! I'M TRIPPING BEAR BALLS!!!
Flag
also, it's a crime to have posted this in the 'the americans' community rather than justified's. just look at all of those 630 followers!

Flag
with justified and 'it's always sunny' I won't argue the best of cable title. the americans was a huge disappointment however. also I don't watch anything from amc. bates motel was like the best new series this year though, seriously. that shows has all the crazy of sleepy hollow without the not living up to hopes and expectations sleepy hollow has been charged with (by me.)

I can not wait to see dewey crowe, dude has been sorely missed! and florida is shit-ton crazy, read florida fridays over at filmdrunk. justified has been extremely strong with casting even the smallest of roles so I'm hoping they have a jeb crowe or the like if they can find someone who's half the man coover bennet (my favorite bennett) was. longlive raylan givens! and tim! and rachel! and art!
Flag
Everything but Legit for me. I hope Chozen isn't another 13-and-out comedy like Unsupervised.
Flag
Archer. Such an amazing show, because it almost exactly mirrors my life. That's why I can identify with it.
Flag
I cannot wait for The Americans to come back!
Flag
I'mma watch everything except Legit.. It didn't interest me at all.
Flag
Justified!!!! Also The Americans & Legit. Chozen could be good too and I need to start Archer at some point. So all of them! Say CROWDER!
Flag
I started watching Justified but never really got hooked. I was expecting it to be more of a serial drama. But alligator-fighting-cowboy does sound tempting...
Flag
It is, in season 2 and onwards, season 1 kind of just established characters.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members