A Justified Community
FX (ended 2015)

Although it often flies beneath the radar of many viewers and gets overshadowed by its bloodier network sibling Sons of AnarchyFX's Kentucky-set Justified has consistently been one of the best dramas on TV since its premiere in 2010. From its expertly drawn lead characters and its colorful portrayal of the world of eastern Kentucky to its engaging storytelling and smooth handcrafted dialogue, Justified has proven that its more than capable of hanging with its more popular competition. 

Season 5 of the critically acclaimed drama premieres Tuesday, January 7 at 10pm on FX, and you can tell because the network is really ramping up its promotion of the series. In addition to the following Boyd Crowder (Walton Goggins)-centric teaser, the network has also released several promos featuring crows, no doubt a reference to the Crowe family, who will be heavily featured in the overarching storyline of Season 5.

So go pour some bourbon, put on Dave Alvin's "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" (because it's obviously the best version of the song), and press play on the following teasers and trailers, because Season 5 will be here before you know it. And it looks damn good.

What do you think? Are you excited for Season 5? Do you hate the crows? Who's better, Raylan or Boyd? Be honest.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/14/2015

Season 6 : Episode 13

51 Comments
Comments (51)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Every time I see Boyd I now think of the cross dressing person he portrayed in Sons of Anarchy.
Flag
It must be hard for Timothy Olyphant/ Raylan to be in the shadows of Walton Goggins/ Boyd Crowder, who was supposed to be on just the pilot episode, but was so good that stay to live forever. Sorry for you cowboy ;)
Flag
The problem with the idea of "best" version of "You'll never leave Harlan alive is this: it can only be sung by country singers. It was written to be sung with the twangy whiney bitch vocals of modern country. The only person who doesn't sing it that way is Patty Loveless, and it sounds wrong. Therefore, best version of this fundamentally flawed song is an oxymoron.
Flag
"I am the Outlaw!"
vs.
"Did you just give me an order?"
An impossible choice.
Flag
I generally love an outlaw but I gotta vote Raylan by a hair, an uncompromising law man who is constantly angry yet polite/well spoken, is hard drinking yet dedicated, intelligent yet quicker on the draw.

It is still a guilty pleasure to watch a Boyd speech on a pulpit, in a community hall, a bar or a revival tent.

However you can't stop at those two it is everyone on the show who must get some praise and love. Colt, Devil, Wynn, Ava, Winona, Limehouse, Arlo, the Bennetts, Ellen May and some of the greatest character actors in TV, the list goes on, all bringing their A-game to the show. A coal train's worth of people who make this show an amazing experience.

Flag
I love both of them. They're the best in the scenes they have together. Their relationship seems so very simple from the outside - lawman and outlaw, but they dug coal together, and that still means something.
Flag
Boyd, but that has to be down to Mr Goggins. From Shane Vendrell to Venus Van Dame, He seems to put it all into the characters he inhabits
Flag
I'm so pumped for this season! Such a underrated show.
Flag
Judging by the trailers, this is the Boyd show. Not that I'm complainin'.
Flag
Every season since the second half of season 1 has been the Boyd Crowder show.
Flag
Not a popular sentiment probably, but I'm looking forward to seeing the baby this season.
Flag
I'm really excited for the new season. I liked the little teasers, but do they plan on releasing a proper trailer for the season? 7th January is just around the corner.
Flag
They've showed a full trailer last week during the SOA finale. FX is horrible about posting them online though.
Flag
Raylan and Boyd have equal qualities. Draw. Although, after watching season one again I *happened* to grow a Raylan beard. Twas preferable to a Boyd 'Meeker' hair do.
Flag
If it came to high noon, centre of town I gotta put money on the law man to win. Boyd's already had a Raylan bullet dug out of him, can't divine the full extent of how that affected/changed Boyd.
Flag
Walton Goggins wins all things.
Flag
Can't wait! This show deserves more love and awards. It's flawless.
Flag
Staff
The Prison promo is my favorite.
Flag
Can't wait. Best show on television now that Breaking Bad has ended.
Flag
IMO (and I stress that), I always perfered Justified.
Flag
Can't go wrong with either one, and I always went back and forth between the two. I spent a few years living in Kentucky as a kid, so Justified has always been special to me.
Flag
Awesome.

I know BB is held in high regard, I enjoyed the back half of the series. Justified combines everyting I want in a show, it's smartly writtenl, brilliantly acted and there's even some humor in there so it doesn't get to dark.
Flag
Oh justified, how I love thy.
Flag
It's "how I love thee", as "thy" suggests ownership, so you'd be saying "how I love your." All in a day's work for a US Grammar Marshal, pew pew.
Flag
You could also say "Grammar Nazi", but who and I to put labels on someone...

But yeah, I agree with one being possessive and the other being objective.
Flag
Thanks, I'll have to let my ancestors who were put into concentration camps and exterminated by Nazis know that it's ok to just throw that notion around again now weightlessly.
Flag
You threw it around, it was a suggestion (in which I never declared out right).
Flag
Rayland is the best but Boyd is close second.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members