A Justified Community
Tuesday 10:00 PM on FX (Returning January 20th, 2015)

I'm a clinically proven weirdo, so I usually like it when my favorite shows end on their own terms, even if it means not getting to see future adventures. Go out on your own terms, show! Get out before the creativity is gone, program! No, we do not need a wedding episode, series! 

But even I'm a little flustered by the news out of the TCAs this morning: FX's Justified will end its run after its yet-to-be-officially-announced sixth season (the series just kicked off its fifth season last week). The decision was made by series creator Graham Yost and star/executive producer Timothy Olyphant, who feel that the series' arc fits nicely in a six-season package. FX president John Landgraf said, "We talked about it a year ago and they felt that the arc of the show and what they had to say would be served by six seasons instead of seven and I regretfully accepted their decision." You and me both, mister!

The thing about Justified is that it's not showing any signs of slowing down, and the Season 5 premiere was as strong as the show's ever been. But the steadfast rule about TV shows ending "early" is unbreakable: If the creator and star say it should be done, then it should be done.

That means there are probably only 25 episodes of Justified left. And speaking of shows ending, FX also confirmed what was mostly already known: Season 7 of Sons of Anarchy will be the series' last.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/8/2014

Season 5 : Episode 13

31 Comments
Follow this Show
Members