We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Justified Community
FX (ended 2015)
TV.com's Best of 2013 voting is up and running, just waiting for your clicks. But before you dive in, take a moment to consider one special case, Raylan Givens as your Biggest Badass, 2013.

Yes, yes, I know there's some lady with dragons nominated, but let's get real for a second and count down Raylan's best, badass traits. Spoilers for Justified below.

5. He (Almost) Never Gets Distracted

His ex-wife aside, the guy is pretty laser focused on getting the job done.

4. He Handles Sticky Situations Calmly Until the Cavalry Arrives

Raylan uses every resource to his advantage, even a half-dead Constable: "People underestimate Bob at their peril."

3. He Makes Sure the Enemy Doesn't Like Him

Watch that gun disappear in one smooth motion.

2. If He Loses His Prisoner, He Finds Him and Return Him Gently to the Car

No one escapes easily.

1. He Settles His Arguments Quickly

Stroll in and pull the fire alarm. Order a whiskey. Pull the trigger.

No contest right? Givens 2013.
33 Comments
Comments (33)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Hehe, I just got around to reading this, and it's a great list! And the clips that accompany them were very well chosen. I voted for Raylan in the contest (although I kinda cheated and voted for Reese from POI too). The biggest badass thing about him, for me, is probably a mix of 5 and 4 but applies to all these situations, and it's that he seems to do all this shit effortlessly and calmly.

I could probably lose a prisoner, find him, then return him gently to my car, but I'd be doing it while yelling and panting and sweating and looking like an asshole.
Flag
Seriously, didn't know if I would like this show, seemed out of my genre, but ended up being something I'm super impressed with, and Raylan is a mo fo bad ass. Can't think of anyone else who so convincingly plays the 'real deal.'
Flag
Raylan's a badass
Flag
Raylan for sure, I would throw Tim up there for good measure.
Flag
Reason number one should be Raylan's hat. Thank you.
Flag
Nobody on this list strikes me as a bad ass, but Rayland is the only one in the ballpark. Frankly I think of Dany as something to spread on a biscuit.
Flag
None of them would give a shit either way. And that makes it most difficult to choose.
But for arguments' sake I'll go with Raylan as; he has the wickedest sense of humour, which is kinda necessary once badassary has gone down!
Flag
I had a hard time deciding between Raylan and John Reese (POI). I had to go with Reese (POI) for one reason only (both are badass)~~Raylan has to many women troubles whereas Reese is to busy being badass with occasional friends with benefits moments that don't diminish his badassness (lol, is that a word).
I love both of them but since I was forced to decide, I picked Reese (only a 1% difference in badassness imo but I had to decide and that was the deciding factor).
Flag
I agree completely.
Flag
I don't think we need any reasons to vote for Deputy US Marshal Raylan Givens.
Flag
But he's not winning yet!
Flag
Raylan Givens is the definition of badass! I voted for him even though there's a woman with dragons in the poll... Because let's face it. Even a toddler is a badass if you give him/her dragons!
Flag
I love this so much that I hereby declare it Raylan's official campaign slogan:

Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Dang it, now I have to watch all 4 seasons again! So badass...
Flag
I just finished watching Justified from the beginning to get me tuned up for season 5. It is worth the couch time. You won't regret it, I don't!

I think Reese is more badass, but a lot of his badass is off screen, even though you know what's happening, we don't get to see it. Raylan's is on screen. We get to see it and it is sooooo delicious. He is so much a bad influence too. In the first episode of seaqson 5, both Raylan and the other deputy shoot the bad guy. What more coould we ask for.
Flag
my only beef is that there should be ALOT more episidoes. very awesome show.
Flag
I second your motion! All in favor?
Flag
I second that motion! and third it too. lol
Flag
Follow this Show
Members